Thread: Renting an apartment in the 3rd world

Default Renting an apartment in the 3rd world

If you were sent to work in a third world country, obviously you would have to live somewhere.

What would be your demands for the place you would be living at?

(It's an investment project I'm considering. Any (serious) comments would be welcome).

A flushable toilet. I wouldn't mind paying for an affordable bullet proof shelter either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Yea somethign wit a gun and hot water

Crimson Shadow Guest

Serious post....

If I were to be working in a 3rd world country, it would be nice to have running water and plumbing so I'm not having to use an outhouse.

An adequate sleeping area would be nice to have as well...I can sleep on the floor just fine, as long as there is a sleeping bag or something like that.

Something to keep me entertained during the evening (maybe a ping-pong table or something cheap like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahahahaha View Post
    If you were sent to work in a third world country, obviously you would have to live somewhere.

What would be your demands for the place you would be living at?

(It's an investment project I'm considering. Any (serious) comments would be welcome).
    Hmmm... Investing in 3rd world housing.......

Security, the same comforts of home(Heat/AC, washer/dryer) and safe transportation to the work site.

As long as I don't get robbed, kidnapped, expolded or shot I'm happy.

From first hand experience I can say that 3rd world countries can scare the hell out of foreigners.

Serious....

MK it so the tenants dont have to leave the complex... that everything they need is there... maybe a security detail

I'm planning to install proper toilets and plumbing, air conditioning, a swimming pool, and a gym as well as security guards. I hope to make it kind of like an oasis from the outside to some extent.

I'm hoping to make this as sort of my retirement plan. I just need in the following order:

1 a loan
    2 building the place
    3 filling up the place with willing customers.

Obviously, it's the third part I'm hoping to get some input on. I hope to fill up the place with expats being able to pay a decent wage. That means I'll have to cater for or at least made a concious decision on what I should or should not use money on to make sure I find people willing to stay at such a place. Typically people who's been sent to work there for a period of something between 3 months and 2 years. Obviously, I have lots of thoughts, but as I said, any comments are welcome. It's an attempt to see what people value if they were in a situation where they where going to spend this kind of time in a foreign country with a quite different lifestyle and living standard compared to our own.

here is mine but im used to the outdoors so its kind of slim

a place to sleep, a place to bathe, a place to eat, a place for a fire possibly and an outhouse is fine by me... beats digging a hole

place to sleep.... a hammock tied between two trees with a mosquito net would be just fine

place to bathe.... a small river thats long and has drinkable water... get water at point a bathe at point be
    =====a==============b======

place to eat... a thick tree stump works fine but a table is nice

fire place for heat and entertainment

a stereo system. my ipod. to pass time.

depending on where it was, heat.

and plumbing. with hot water. Thats all i really need. or think of atm. oh and electricity. or some sort of power source.