Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Nation-Wars Capture The Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    Protection was turned off for the initial states. It is now 1 turn to leave protection.
    I'm keeping my state in protect just to see if it is booted from protection after 5 days.

After that I'll start playing again
    it won't be.. i didn't add that in yet.. was waiting to see if everyone liked that idea.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

The game REALLY needs GDN. Just four days in to testing, and now, if you start a state, you're just about guarented dead with in a day!!!! You can be dead with in an hour of creating a state!! And starting with just a few hundred turns when the real game starts will be *way* worse for any one who comes on more than a few days after the round starts.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 12-08-2009 at 15:43. Reason: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    it won't be.. i didn't add that in yet.. was waiting to see if everyone liked that idea.
    I like the idea, that way there aren't a bunch of states sitting in protection because they didn't remember to play.
    And it makes the game look more active

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    The game REALLY needs GDN. Just four days in to testing, and now, if you start a state, you're just about guarented dead with in a day!!!! You can be dead with in an hour of creating a state!! And starting with just a few hundred turns when the real game starts will be *way* worse for any one who comes on more than a few days after the round starts.
    There's one prob with that, declare war, and GDN is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright View Post
    There's one prob with that, declare war, and GDN is moot.
    Unless it's made so you can only declare war with players you can attack. And if you then gain NW and go out of range after you declare war, it can just spit out an error when you attack them, even if you declared war.
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!

Good theory, bad execution- if multies are allowed, you simply come from below with a multi. If you can't kill someone, simply drop army out of range and hide again. Depending on activity, it could black out large parts of the scorelist for states that manage to survive long enough.

I'd say make protection an option to the first 500 turns or something to give time for growing/upgrades/etc.

But the whole point of the server anyways is that you're constantly vulnerable to attack.

The only reason multies are allowed now is for testing. When the server opens it will be 1 state only.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

its def not about how many you kill but who you kill. maybe under the column "other" next to kills you could squeeze in the number of flags that person has.