Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Health care.

Default US Health care.

Senate leader unveils $849 billion health care bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/...are/index.html

So here it is folks.

Some said it wouldn't pass the house...

Some Said America is only concerned with killing and not healing...

I could almost agree, except for this Bill.

I pray that Hope prevails for once, and American will take care the most valuable thing, and what makes it great, Its people.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

The Bill itself is available to download and read...

2071 pages, 2.5MB...

I began to view it...

If I was an American maybe Id read it all.... but man...

There has got to be a better way to convey information these days.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    The Bill itself is available to download and read...

2071 pages, 2.5MB...

I began to view it...

If I was an American maybe Id read it all.... but man...

There has got to be a better way to convey information these days.

Z
    chances are that no one will read it. I know i won't and i really really don't want this bill to pass. I have free health care through the government right now and it is decent care but takes FOREVER... i can't even begin to imagine the build up there will be when people don't have to pay for it....

i also wish that congress and the president were subject to the EXACT same healthcare that everyone else will have and not their own special care...

That is file 3 of 9.. I wonder if the other files list all the secret "deals" that are being cut to help this Bill pass.

The same could be said about the Private Insurance Companies that oppose it. How many of those would want to use the services their companies provide? I don't know why you don't just set up an NHS.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The same could be said about the Private Insurance Companies that oppose it. How many of those would want to use the services their companies provide? I don't know why you don't just set up an NHS.
    b/c the bureaucratic nightmare it will start.....

i think the quickest way to limit healthcare costs are to limit tort reform, get rid of drug commercials (i doubt it is ever a good idea for a patient to recommend a drug to their doctor) and make it so that unneeded drugs are not covered under any governmental healthcare. why should i pay for some old man to get viargra??

Britain manages ok with ours, although I admit it's not perfect.

If I were an American, if I broke my leg tomorrow i'd have two choices:

have it treated and be $20000 in debt (or however much it costs)

or not.

As I understand it medicare is anything but universal, if it was this bill wouldn't be needed.

The costs of healthcare shouldn't come into it in a country as rich as the US, although I strongly disagree with illegal immigrants getting it, they should all be kicked out of the country and a massive wall built along the US-Mexican border with guard towers.

why do U not want the Bill to pass?

(Calvin)

what hurt does it bring you, in comparison to the relief it would bring others.

I agree that not only politicians but EVERYONE should have the same health care. I see health care as a human right. like clean drinking water, and freedom of speech.

In Canada we have universal health care.

It actually is not far from perfect. It is not perfect, but its not that far.

Quality Health care is like quality drinking water.

Perhaps it can be said that health should be considered more of a right than drinking clean water.

I feel everyone should have acess to quality health care.

In Canada U may need to wait for some time to have an issue resolved that is not life threatening. but if you need somthing done in ER, its done. never questions asked.

Insurance is never an issue when it comes to life.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Britain manages ok with ours, although I admit it's not perfect.

If I were an American, if I broke my leg tomorrow i'd have two choices:

have it treated and be $20000 in debt (or however much it costs)

or not.

As I understand it medicare is anything but universal, if it was this bill wouldn't be needed.

The costs of healthcare shouldn't come into it in a country as rich as the US, although I strongly disagree with illegal immigrants getting it, they should all be kicked out of the country and a massive wall built along the US-Mexican border with guard towers.

The United States is not rich; our Government has us so far in debt that we may never be able to dig out. This bill will cost the tax payers nearly 1 billion dollars, that it will take 10 years to pay for. Now the kick in the gut is that will only sustain 5 years worth of coverage. As for breaking your leg or needing to go to the doctor there should be no need in going in debt if you are responsible and hold down a good job with benefits. Besides that, Health Care Insurance is a Privilege, not a Right. If you break something or get sick, it should be your personal responsibility to pay for it, not the Gov. or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    why do U not want the Bill to pass?

(Calvin)

what hurt does it bring you, in comparison to the relief it would bring others.

I agree that not only politicians but EVERYONE should have the same health care. I see health care as a human right. like clean drinking water, and freedom of speech.

In Canada we have universal health care.

It actually is not far from perfect. It is not perfect, but its not that far.

Quality Health care is like quality drinking water.

Perhaps it can be said that health should be considered more of a right than drinking clean water.

I feel everyone should have acess to quality health care.

In Canada U may need to wait for some time to have an issue resolved that is not life threatening. but if you need somthing done in ER, its done. never questions asked.

Insurance is never an issue when it comes to life.

Z
    Z-- The numbers do not lie, over 80% of Americans do not want this bill and are satified with their coverage, just as I am. The 13% that are without coverage, seems to me, comes from the massive unemployment. Create jobs with benifits, and that number will dwindle, the other 7% are just to cheap or lazy to get a job and pay for what they should be paying for or just prefer a free Government ride.