Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Al JaZeera = Broadcaster of the year.

Default Al JaZeera = Broadcaster of the year.

After a rough start up, in 2006 Al Jazeera launched an English language channel.

Since this time they have emerged as a dominant channel covering the developing world.

World leaders tune in to Al Jazeera come decision time now more than every. Al Jazeera is unique in that it reports actual news, you are not likely to see Product placement and commercials urging you to purchase this or subscribe to that while watching an Al Jazeera newscast.

Coined as "BBC of the South" Al Jazeera looks beyond the establishment's point of view.

Disagree if you shall, but please state your choice for broadcaster of the year if you think Al Jazeera does not deserve the title. Also please explain your reasons.

And for the love of god please don't even bring Up Fox News, that would be a bit silly.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

BBC obviously. It's British and we are God's chosen people

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    BBC obviously. It's British and we are God's chosen people
    I love BBC.

and BBC would be a close choice, its allways bveen my fav broadcaster for years now.

But on pure merits Al-Jazeera has done so much these past few years, they are doing amazing stuff, making BBC look like a british CNN.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

in the US i am partial to NPR over any to get more of the facts than the story...

BBC is good for world news, and it comes on like every 4 hours. I watch ABC and occasionally CNN for american news. Sad to see another anchor go for ABC, and I'm sure Diane Sawyer will only be a temp replacement until a younger fellow takes over for good.

And of course CBC for canadian news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

NPR eh? never heard of them..

Im talking more global

CBC is great for canada, and if u want to hear about how aunt bettys miniature schnauzer got hit by a 1992 ford pick up on 11th street yesterday.

j/k, CBC does some good stuff too.

But Al Jazeera....

they beat CNN and BBC at their own game... and AJZ are just a bunch of young people from around the world.

AJZ gets interviews with Heavy Metal rockers of Islam, Taliban leaders, Uighur minorities in China.

They do these things that CNN doesnt even attempt, and they also cover IMF policy and climate change.

AJZ was the ONLY international broadcaster in Gaza during the Israeli invasion.

AJZ is the only broadcaster who is documenting an ever-larger swath of the planet.

Z

i guess NRP is like BBC, for the US, its non profit, and commercial free. Its pretty big.

AJZ is ****. They are not objective, neither CNN and BBC are.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

i agrre with SR on this aswell. ALJ is just another tool

SRS who Do U nominate?

AJZ may not be 100% objective, but I think they report more truthfully than CNN, and are more comprehensive than BBC.

AJZ report on important issues that the other major broadcasters ignore.

And while CNN and BBC and CBC report with the same Bias, AJZ reports generally with an opposite Bias, which is very refreshing.

Broadcaster of the year IMO is not about Bias... everyone is Bias to some extent.

Z