Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Al JaZeera = Broadcaster of the year.

-sigh- Z do you always have to express your extreme left bull**** in this kind of matter?

Al JaZeera is hardly a credible news service, much less worthy of broadcaster of the year. Rush Limbaugh is more objective then they are, and he's a retard.

Personally, I nominate the Comedy Central News Crew for broadcaster of the year.

(Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart)

Atleast you know that everything that comes out their mouth is the truth, and not just truth, but truthiness. CNN and FOX spin for the left and right, respectively, and I'm not one to comment on the BBC because frankly I'm not British.

To say that Al JaZeera is anything more then a puppet is simply ludicrous.

I can never get a feel for your political beliefs Z, but this is one of your more ridiculous ones.

Chris, Perhaps you have not been paying attention?

Or is it Al Jazeera channel's willingness to broadcast dissenting views that would have you write it off as left bull****?

Fankly I'm a more than a bit offended.

I post a normal thread, expressing some thoughts, I give reasons for my thoughts. And U come here and bash me and my reasons, just because you Like something else?

Which news broadcaster would you Pick Chris? and what are your reasons? are u prejudice against Arab stations?

Does CNN have an Arab language station?

Because AJZ has recently created an English channel.

AJZ has reporters who are Not Just from one country (Unlike BBC and CNN, whop mostly have american or british reporters, and simply ship them around the world), AJZ has reporters with citizenship in a large variety of countries.

AJZ comes from Qatar Originally in the late 90's, and has grown to be a major competitor among channels like CNN and BBC concerning world events. This Alone seems to be an amazing achievement to me.

If u are opposed to alternative media then you will not like AJZ, you should probably be watching Fox news, and reporting to big brother each time u take a crap.

AJZ is Contextually Objective, and values their tend to revolve around participatory democratic ideals of a mobilized citizenry.

Without the fine people like those in AJZ, their would be little hope for change and social communication.

AJZ is Counter-Hegemonic in that it not only challenges the views of American authorities (which is all anyone thinks about) but it also attacks against political and economic corruption throughout the Middle East and serves as a voice of dissent and forum for various national opposition movements.

AJZ Incites activism not only against US interests but also against corrupt Arab regimes, not to mention Israel, who acts sickeningly with agressions, theft of land, and murder in the region.

A sizable number of Al Jazeera’s staff responsible for producing marketing and publicity for the station are Western-trained and educated.

AJZ now owns sports channels, and a children channel, for those parents who would like their children to hear views that is open and democratic, as opposed to the mostly state run programs in the middle east.

WHILE OTHER NEWS PROGRAMS ARE CUTTING DOWN, ALJAZEERA HAS GROWN EXPONENTIALLY.

AJZ plans to open 10 new bureaus in 2010, while CNN, CBC, and BBC are all cutting their staff and bureaus.

AJZ Scooped the World by being the ONLY international Broadcaster in GaZa during the Israeli Onslaught.

AJZ is the only broadcaster that I can think of that is brave enough to challenge Israeli protocol, when it comes to Israels Murderous and destructive ways.

No one seems to give any reasons why anyone else should be broadcaster of the year.

How can you call AJZ a puppet Chris? it has a non-hierarchical structure, unlike most of the western news programs.

Chris, I'm just wondering... have you ever read the book 1984? please let me know.

Z
    Last edited by -Z-; 01-03-2010 at 09:07.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    and I'm not one to comment on the BBC because frankly I'm not British.
    Neither is the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Neither is the BBC
    Will your definition of what is British is flawed.

To you British means "White supremest, ultra nationalist, closed minded person"

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Will your definition of what is British is flawed.

To you British means "White supremest, ultra nationalist, closed minded person"

Z
    Erm, no. My next door neighbour is Japanese and I consider him British.

Bet none of you ever expected me to say that

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Erm, no. My next door neighbour is Japanese and I consider him British.

Bet none of you ever expected me to say that
    inroads.

Z

Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Fox News.
    omg.

Al-Jazeera for 2010

Z

None, they all have their audience so they all report news relevant to those audiences.

Take yourself Z, you like Al JaZeera most likely because the news they report reinforces your own beliefs just like anyone else who watches Fox News or CNN.

Best thing you could do is to start watching some Fox News to see the other side. you'll probably hate watching it but too bad.