Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Standard attack formula.

I don't get why we SHOULD try and make this game like The EE server. If that is so much a better game, then play it. Those of us that worked for a year to keep the community together like things as they are for the moment. If you will remember all the **** changes and demands for change is what got Svenne to shut it down in the first place. WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT HERE!

If we find that there are glaring changes to be made they will be made, but, Untill then, play and enjoy and quit *****ing.
    Last edited by Dogma; 03-28-2008 at 13:58.

Why you dont understand me ? I dont want that the game must be same like EE server.

This is my first set after about 8-12 months, I dont remember exactly, but something like that. Here is nothing to relearn I think. If you were skilled player you still remember how you can get best net or how to war best.

Also I am not saying that you have to make changes NOW. No you dont have to. But you need to think how to make farmer strat more effective. Maybe add little farmer food production. I honestly dont know exactly too what is the best way. My idea was to change SA formula, becouse I know how it works on EE server.

And EE server is mostly DEAD! Almost all players are playing here, thats good for both of us!

What you have to understand, from our point of view, is that we worked our asses off for a year to try and keep the community together while we tried to get the game back. We finally got it back and now the most important thing to us is to get the full community back together. That is our main goal for now. I know that Mr P has busted his *** to try and get NWII as close to what we had as he possibly could. Now we have the game back, he deserves a break and the members that we are getting back are coming back to what they knew and enjoyed. All I am saying is that we are used to this game, well, we were, and it is pointless to try and change the complexion of the game when it has only been up for a week.

And what is the reason for the EE server being almost dead? Was it the game play? was it that no one enjoyed it? There has to be a reason.

You still didn't read whole my post.
    I said that changed dont have to take place NOW!

Dont you think that we are tried to get a lot of Estonian players too. Most of work is all thanks to skycat. We are also trying to get here more and more players.

I have to go now. I post later about EE server.

I did read your post and I understand what you are saying, but, you insist on reiterating the point when it has been said... nevermind. No point in argueing.

Changes will happen in time don't worry. And we will look at the best way to make all the strats as fair as possible. Just takes time, and it takes people with some good suggestions.

Keep making them cause we can use them. But as long as we all know changes takes time then we are all goooooooooood!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

honestly, i don't play WoW to get top state. I play it because i have a good time with the community and having a say in a nation. I actually have a better time training people then actually playing the game to get top state.

Any nation playing any strat can win hands down. It takes teamwork within a nation and team work within the community. It is anyones game. How far will you go to win. I know alot of nations that would kill to win, litterally hence the name Nation Wars!

all strats can war, all strats create alliances, and strats can win.

Now if your playing as an individual, you may not be playing the right game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    What you have to understand, from our point of view, is that we worked our asses off for a year to try and keep the community together while we tried to get the game back. We finally got it back and now the most important thing to us is to get the full community back together. That is our main goal for now. I know that Mr P has busted his *** to try and get NWII as close to what we had as he possibly could. Now we have the game back, he deserves a break and the members that we are getting back are coming back to what they knew and enjoyed. All I am saying is that we are used to this game, well, we were, and it is pointless to try and change the complexion of the game when it has only been up for a week.

And what is the reason for the EE server being almost dead? Was it the game play? was it that no one enjoyed it? There has to be a reason.
    First let me officially say thank you. To Pres and others who kept it alive and brought it back. I haven't said that yet. Not sure how many have but thank you. OFten I typed in www.world-of-war.com and hoped just to see if maybe svenne changed his mind, but to no avail. SO again. Thank you for the time, money, effort and sacrifice made by all those who kept it going and brought it back.

I agree there should be no changes made this set. None. Probably not next set either. Because a set is only one game. And unless there is a glaring flaw you can not base anything on 1 trial. That being said I think there are things that need to be modified. But these things are.... complicated. Not something you can change on a whim. You have to ensure that you have your head wrapped around the issue in its entirety and see it from every angle before poking around. That in and of itself will take time. As Mr pres said. Yes he has the code, yes he hosts the game, but its a little early to expect him to know the innards of every detail just yet. As for my serious change suggestions I won't even voice them yet. NOt the time for that. Lets just take a set or two to enjoy the fact that we are all playing a game we love with a community we enjoy due to the efforts of a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by neemekas View Post
    You still didn't read whole my post.
    I said that changed dont have to take place NOW!

Dont you think that we are tried to get a lot of Estonian players too. Most of work is all thanks to skycat. We are also trying to get here more and more players.

I have to go now. I post later about EE server.
    The more players from anywhere the better IMHO. And yes I hold a certain respect for esto players, I was around in the beginning until the time they were removed. And at times esto nations were........ scary! :-)

I have no authority here, and do not speak for pres or dogma or anyone who has any authority here but, i think that if you have suggestions you should plan them out, pro's' cons, why's and wait for examples on this server to use as reasons those changes should be implemented and then post them. Speculation is no ones friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Any nation playing any strat can win hands down. It takes teamwork within a nation and team work within the community. It is anyones game. How far will you go to win. I know alot of nations that would kill to win, litterally hence the name Nation Wars!

all strats can war, all strats create alliances, and strats can win.

Now if your playing as an individual, you may not be playing the right game?
    Not sure any strat can win, but with the right connections it is anyones game.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Any NATION can win, that's a given, have more players than the other nations (warring blurs this line a little) and as long as they are reasonably comptent they can win, but what about single state scores, will you ever see a farmer topping the records for networth?

I'm not suggesting anything as for one I'm not sure if you will or not and I have no idea what's in the code and even if I did I wouldn't be able to say what to change.