Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nation-Wars 2010 Plans

and how freekin annoying it is to find that **** missing . in 800+ lines of code.. *shutters*

thank god they invented debugging

Quote Originally Posted by Clowntown View Post
    hey dont comepare me 2 rass that arcade high score poacher.......

er wait.. back when i was killerclown that was me 0_o

nevermind fire insults at will

an after though.. if the nations had missles would it not also make sence 2 setup a tech a a missle defence system that as your hit by millses its damages so your constantly using teck 4 the upkeep and set a spy attack 2 disable missle defence system (must be done on some1 with the proper privlages or will fail and has a lower chance of succeding but if it does it reduces the missle defence to 0 for 5 minutes
    I would like to see missiles tied directly to nations through tech (if we were to implement missiles - I'm not so sure if its altogether necessary at this point) so that states can still use missiles as opposed to the nation using missiles.

If there was a missile tech, the closer it is to max, the higher accuracy the missile, or more damage it does. Then the state would be able to build missiles and fire them at will (maybe set a limit to missiles fired per 36 hours).

It would be nice if you could target which set of units the missile could destroy (a minor nation tech? ). eg: If you have this tech %, you can target units used in SA defense, if you have higher tech % you can target a particular unit like jets or spies. Destroying buildings seems unecessary because quite honestly, the only reason to do so would be to cripple a state and if you aren't at war thats pretty much a straight suicide. Not to mention BR does pretty much the same thing.

For missile defense, maybe have another tech, where if you have it maxed, you can shoot down 75% of missiles. And as the tech gets used up (per missile intercepted) like sanctions the % goes down, and you have to keep adding.

The one thing that would be affected is the tech strat. As it would be more viable to play the whole month, reduce the tech production per turn by 25% of something like that, or lower the price of tech on the market by 25%.

So my point is that missiles shouldn't be just something you can build up by yourself and destroy a state single handedly.
    Last edited by Xavior; 12-30-2009 at 13:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

I suppose another approach would be packing upgrade levels and tech together with missiles- for example, with no tech invested, no missiles, 75% tech=level 1 missiles, and then goes up 1 level every 10 percent invested- above maybe level 4 or 5, you can start doing precision strikes on various units, otherwise the missile works much like a KE in that it just blows stuff up indiscriminately.

Of course, these missiles should come from the nation's silo/stockpile, and only those with Central Command privileges would be allowed to fire them in war perhaps?

Tie in missiles with the subs while you're at it. To use the strongest missiles, you have to have the necessary tech, but also the necessary upgrades to the subs, and possibly even a number threshold to pass before being able to fire. It could create a new type of breaker in wars.
    Last edited by Bright; 12-30-2009 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I would like to see missiles tied directly to nations through tech (if we were to implement missiles - I'm not so sure if its altogether necessary at this point) so that states can still use missiles as opposed to the nation using missiles.

If there was a missile tech, the closer it is to max, the higher accuracy the missile, or more damage it does. Then the state would be able to build missiles and fire them at will (maybe set a limit to missiles fired per 36 hours).

It would be nice if you could target which set of units the missile could destroy (a minor nation tech? ). eg: If you have this tech %, you can target units used in SA defense, if you have higher tech % you can target a particular unit like jets or spies. Destroying buildings seems unecessary because quite honestly, the only reason to do so would be to cripple a state and if you aren't at war thats pretty much a straight suicide. Not to mention BR does pretty much the same thing.

For missile defense, maybe have another tech, where if you have it maxed, you can shoot down 75% of missiles. And as the tech gets used up (per missile intercepted) like sanctions the % goes down, and you have to keep adding.

The one thing that would be affected is the tech strat. As it would be more viable to play the whole month, reduce the tech production per turn by 25% of something like that, or lower the price of tech on the market by 25%.

So my point is that missiles shouldn't be just something you can build up by yourself and destroy a state single handedly.
    i agree with pretty much everything in this post

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    i agree with pretty much everything in this post

I agree with most things in this post...

however...

I feel that it should take at least 2-3 people in the nation to use a missile attack...

if it is an attack dependent on a nation, then we should not have anyone able to use it.

there should be a key like mechanism, where say

-3 states need to be online and "declare" or "initiate" a missile attack, where all 3 must click a button, all within 5 mins of each other.

-After this point, the missiles are engaged, and active, ready to be fired.

-Any one of the 3 people who initiated the sequence can fire the missiles.

-After 20 or 30 mins. the missiles deactivate, and in order to use them, the process must happen again.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    I agree with most things in this post...

however...

I feel that it should take at least 2-3 people in the nation to use a missile attack...

Keys and launch codes? kinda

could set time up 2 require a privlage 2 access
    and if i spy could get in to 2 the missliles he could set them to detonate in place 0_o

nice suggestions but they would be good if the missile attacks were going to be so large they destroyed a state in say 2-3 attacks.. The new missile attacks will not be anything like that. They will fall in line with our other attacks. We can't have certain attacks be so powerful cause then everyone would just use them and nothing else. Right now i'm just trying to add a couple other ways to kill instead of having to do the same AA then AR= kill.

Having a few ways to kill isn't a bad thing. Yes it will force states to have to cover more then one or 2 ways to protect themselves but perhaps now winning a set won't be as easy as having 50M SAMS and 300M Inf.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    nice suggestions but they would be good if the missile attacks were going to be so large they destroyed a state in say 2-3 attacks.. The new missile attacks will not be anything like that. They will fall in line with our other attacks. We can't have certain attacks be so powerful cause then everyone would just use them and nothing else. Right now i'm just trying to add a couple other ways to kill instead of having to do the same AA then AR= kill.

Having a few ways to kill isn't a bad thing. Yes it will force states to have to cover more then one or 2 ways to protect themselves but perhaps now winning a set won't be as easy as having 50M SAMS and 300M Inf.
    I've been going really wrong with 80 mil Bombers and 100 mil Spies

oh ic your motives