Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: SV vs Sky USA TNG MLM (+?)

Quote Originally Posted by Clowntown View Post
    yea i was looking @ the surrender into in the manual...

If your nation is warred you have the option to surrender after 36hrs from the time war was declared. Surrendering will protect your nation from being warred by the same nation for 168hrs and from other nations for 96hrs.

from the sounds of this SV is protected from all war attacks 4 96 hours

sure puts a dent in plans......

now.. can anyone from that info tell me whats missing?

er PM it pls .. we dont want them figureing it out.
    SV is protected from any other nation declaring on it for 96hrs. Nations who are already at war with them are not effected by this surrender. But after 168hrs SKY can declare back on them. so they only bought themselves a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    If you send me your jet count I can do a test AR to see if it works.

The way I interpret it is that no other new nations can declare on you. It would be kind of silly to surrender to one nation and then all the sudden the other nations warring you can't attack. Yet again I think the whole feature itself is silly... what clowns voted yes to this suggestion anyway?

P.S. If it is that nobody can attack each other does this mean the war is over?
    It seems silly to you now cause your on this side of the fence. When it was smaller nations getting eaten alive with no chance, it's not so silly. This feature was made to help the smaller nations have a chance. Or those nations who just don't want to war..

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    no more excuses.. without sky doing all the work for you, we will win, enough said
    whoa hold on there.. I wouldn't go that far. USA has pretty much just setting up some kills. We haven't locked on yet. Don't make me call in Tnova to plan the strikes out.. Be happy you have this old fool who can't keep up..

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    --almost as good as declaring with 2-1 states.

This isn't complaining though--we wanted war. This was a move to even the odds. It's still 23-15 in your favor. You should be able to handle it.

As for everyone lamenting the feature, it actually made a lot of sense when it was implemented--and still makes sense. It was meant for smaller nations to not be wiped out by larger nations (see LOR a few sets back). They put in the feature so that the if a nation gets warred by a much larger nation, they could save some of their states if they lasted 36 hours.

If you want to make it so a nation can't surrender to one part of your alliance, maybe you should ask for a change in the feature, or maybe an alliance feature where the 3 nations declare war together and if a nation surrenders to one, they surrender to all.

Cheers to continuing the war!
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    This is such bull****.

You are crying that the war is not fair. While everybody knows that you started this war. Sure, we declared first and got some states dead... but YOU ****ING STARTED IT. Don't know the facts, but by the look of it, SV was started as a warring nation and that's it. And now you cry when others war you? Not fair? **** you.

I started this set thinking to do better than last time, and boy, I did better. Now I had to put up with this crap. Thats not fair either, right?
    Blaa you need to settle down a little bit. Your going to stroke out. It's just a game But i love the passion

SV pulled a fast one on us. They found a feature and they used it. The nice thing about the surrender feature is now that it's been used nobody will remember who won who lost who lived who died.. they will only remember that SV surrendered!

This has been a good war though. Lots of action and for the most part pretty clean. Not too many hateful things being said

Honestly i think this was great strategy for SV. They have no idea how many other nations were planning hitting them this set. Now they are protected for a few more days. Unless of course members of these other nations join existing war nations. USA has had it's glory days. I still intend to have more of these days in the future too. So for now i will say that if there is any SKY states that want to tag jump they should go to TNG if they still want to fight. This does not include restarts as we will accept them in and also the several USA members we have hiding throughout the game. Our intention was to pull them as needed right from the start. You had to know that was going to happen.

Nice move SV! Well done!
    Last edited by Mr President; 01-12-2010 at 13:12.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    what? How does a suicide nation differ from a warring nation? So you could get some fame and get to the hall of fame board? Nah, suiciders got there too.

I actually like this surrender thing, but that coming from an actual aggressor this time makes it look a bit off.
    suicide nation because continuing the war on their prior levels would have most likely ended in certain defeat. this balances things out and makes it a more even and fun war. as i said - feel free to tag jump, i know Unreal Killer would love to take you .

aggressor? until we declare on someone, we are not the aggressor. in this case - you guys are the aggressors. however, we are not crying victim. we admit that it was your best option and commend you on it. our best option is to surrender and continue what we set out to do - have fun. you are deeply mistaken if you think im doing this for glory. im doing this for a chance to do something new. im surprised more people are not complimenting my decision to break from the mould - have a fun set with lots of LoR players - with an aim to fight against even odds and not bull**** anyone about it

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

It seems silly to you now cause your on this side of the fence. When it was smaller nations getting eaten alive with no chance, it's not so silly. This feature was made to help the smaller nations have a chance. Or those nations who just don't want to war..
    This feature helps smaller nations, correct. I like features that help smaller nations. However what about 3 turn attacks? Does that not hurt smaller nations? 3 turn attacks means it takes more turns to get a kill, and smaller nations have less turns, making it even harder for war time. Yes it's harder for the larger nations too but if a smaller nation can only take out 1 target at a time wouldn't that benefit the larger nation more? Which can take out multiple targets of the smaller nation at the same time. Just food for thought.

And I bring this up because you make one feature that helps smaller nations, and bring another feature (which I feel) hurts smaller nations. Seems contradictory. (Don't you love it when i give you a hard time )

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    suicide nation because continuing the war on their prior levels would have most likely ended in certain defeat. this balances things out and makes it a more even and fun war. as i said - feel free to tag jump, i know Unreal Killer would love to take you .

aggressor? until we declare on someone, we are not the aggressor. in this case - you guys are the aggressors. however, we are not crying victim. we admit that it was your best option and commend you on it. our best option is to surrender and continue what we set out to do - have fun. you are deeply mistaken if you think im doing this for glory. im doing this for a chance to do something new. im surprised more people are not complimenting my decision to break from the mould - have a fun set with lots of LoR players - with an aim to fight against even odds and not bull**** anyone about it
    Break from the mould? You've basically just remade LoR, not something many people would compliment you for, and it would appear for once the community wasn't going to take the normal gangbang handed out by their superior numbers.

From what I've gathered of your posts and of your other members you would have voted on one nation, destroy it then choose another ad nauseam or until you had no-one left alive. If anything not bull****ting about it placed you in the very position you found yourself in.
    Last edited by nosejam; 01-12-2010 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by disturbia View Post
    , we dont have tagjumpers in our nation.. unlike you.. (no offence) =)
    no offence taken, because:

as i said - my aim wasnt glory, its having fun i didnt plan for whole set long war trying to get maximum number of kills. i didnt put spies in any nations. i didnt put tag jumpers in any nations. the people who joined us were:

1) someone who wanted to net the whole set but then decided to volunteer his help (1 day before he joined) - for which i am very grateful

2) someone who volunteered his help several hours before he joined.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    This feature helps smaller nations, correct. I like features that help smaller nations. However what about 3 turn attacks? Does that not hurt smaller nations? 3 turn attacks means it takes more turns to get a kill, and smaller nations have less turns, making it even harder for war time. Yes it's harder for the larger nations too but if a smaller nation can only take out 1 target at a time wouldn't that benefit the larger nation more? Which can take out multiple targets of the smaller nation at the same time. Just food for thought.

And I bring this up because you make one feature that helps smaller nations, and bring another feature (which I feel) hurts smaller nations. Seems contradictory. (Don't you love it when i give you a hard time )
    The 3 turn attacks work both ways. And yes feel free to give me a hard time. I'm use to it.. Man no respect from the youngens anymore.. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    Break from the mould? You've basically just remade LoR, not something many people would compiment you for, and it would appear for once the community wasn't going to take the normal gangbang handed out by their superior numbers.

From what I've gathered of your posts and of your other members you would have voted on one nation, destroy it then choose another ad nauseam or until you had no-one left alive. If anything not bull****ting about it placed you in the very position you found yourself in.
    What everyone has seen this set is nations are tired of being victims. They are tired of sitting around wondering day after day if they will be hit or not. So this set they just said the heck with it we will take care of the threat on our terms. This is what needed to happen when people didn't like what LoR was doing. So it's nice to see... SV this would have happened to LoR this set if they were here. You just filled that spot as all.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Break from the mould? You've basically just remade LoR, not something many people would compiment you for, and it would appear for once the community wasn't going to take the normal gangbang handed out by their superior numbers.

Not true--we were looking for a fair fight, and all the votes were for Sky and USA to be declared on at the same time. The numbers would have been 23-25 at the time of declaration in favor of SKY/USA.

As for remaking LOR, that's not true. LOR would have warred 4 days into the set, not 15 . We also wouldn't have voted on it in the nation forums. This nation is big like LOR, but that's where the similarities end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    no offence taken, because:

as i said - my aim wasnt glory, its having fun i didnt plan for whole set long war trying to get maximum number of kills. i didnt put spies in any nations. i didnt put tag jumpers in any nations. the people who joined us were:

1) someone who wanted to net the whole set but then decided to volunteer his help (1 day before he joined) - for which i am very grateful

2) someone who volunteered his help several hours before he joined.
    i have nothing against those tagjumpers.. u seemed to need a little help anyway =)
    but please stop mentioning that we can tagjump. cos its not an option for us =)

thats because you are not fully aware of the situation and neither are they. i asked them which 1 nation they wanted to war however i would have taken top 2 results (which i admit would most likely have been Sky and USA - hence i have no problems with them hitting us). at no point would i have agreed to simply over power by numbers and i can provide message history logs with my co-leaders to prove this.

IF YOU ARE THAT DESPERATE.

none of the LoR members who i have in my nation have a bad image. Pron, Satan, Nat22, Will, etc - all respected members of the community. why are you making it sound so bad? would you have preferred it if i had bugged my netting friends out of retirement instead and have them join? would that have changed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    The 3 turn attacks work both ways. And yes feel free to give me a hard time. I'm use to it.. Man no respect from the youngens anymore.. lmao
    I don't think the 3 turn attacks were meant to give smaller nations a shot. It was more of the fact that the FS was deciding the entire war, and there was discussion about that. If we moved war attacks to 3 turns, it gave nations a chance to fight back (as you're seeing with SV). If we had 2 turn attacks, we would have lost probably 8 guys the first day, and another 6 the next, effectively ending the war before it began.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.