Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Equal treatment under the law

They would be apalled because of the amount of liberty thas has been stripped away. They would be apalled bc no longer is the individual supposed to care about each other, but the grand ol government is. And they are supposed to take care of our every need.

They would be apalled because people are being treated differently under the law. They would be appalled bc their right to defend their property from intruders is being stripped away. They would be shocked and might die from a heart attack if a person who broke into someones home and then broke their leg could sue the peoples house they broke into and win. They are would be appalled bc The supreme law of the land means so little to so little people. They would be appalled because people are forced to do things with their property or not to do something with their property bc other people think it is wrong, not bc it infringes on anothers liberty.

They would be apalled bc thousands of innocent children die everyday from abortions. They would be appalled that Politicians are so corrupt. They would be appalled bc peoples right to express themselves through speech is being taken away. They would be horrified by the state our media and press is in. They would be angry that peoples property is being taken away without ever their chance to use it.

They would be happy with alot and stunned at the technological advances. They would be stunned at the state of our communities. Nobody knows the name of their neighbor. people no longer give acknowledgement to their fellow man when they walk down the street. They would wonder what in the world the government is doing in the affairs of individuals who like each other. Like why in the world you would ever need a license to get married. Why a minister isnt able to speak out or for politicians or laws.

I think they scream to get out of iraq, and afganistan and wonder why our troops are in germany defending a europe that for the most parts really doesnt like us and is more than capable of defending itself from big bad russia.

I know they would be stunned that a good made on the other side of the world is cheaper to buy and ship over than a good made in the same building as your business. And the government hasnt taxed all those goods china keeps sending over to us, but that most americans bay 30%. I dont know if they could speak about europe.

I think they would ask people what are you doing for fellow citizen and countryman. Not what is the government doing for you.

(sry for ranting here)
    *break* ,[DOOM] x2
    1:#6 | Doctor Doom(#139) |44.219 $118.549.133

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    -Thomas Jefferson

And they would be stunned that women and blacks have the right to vote. 'cause, ya know, they didn't support that doctrine. And some of them had slaves of their own.

All-in-all, who really cares what we think they would think? Doesn't mean they would think that way, because you're just portraying what you think onto them.