Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Right to Bear Arms

Default The Right to Bear Arms

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I just want to start this conversation with that quote. Directly taken from the constitution in the bill of rights. The second amendment.

I want to hear everyones opinions on it. Should people have the right to bear arms. Does this have its limits? Can a person have a weapon on school grounds. What if that is where you live.(College)

Does this mean you can have shotguns and rifles but not hand guns? Or tanks? or nukes?

this article here makes a lot of good points i will highlight some of the points in my own writing but a good read none the less.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2901.html

I cannot think of any points I really disagree with him on. Plz excuse the 2 part and long read but I would request you read this if you got the time and if you just want to post your comments do so freely.

I for no gun control whatsoever.(Except when comes to convicted felons of violent crimes) One thing I want to do eventually in my life is to own a working tank. Think that would be cool to own.

An exspecially good point that the article makes is that a volunteer security guard stopped the killing rampage in colorado. Not the police but a private citizen with a gun.

Alright just wanted to get some discussions going! look forward to your comments.
    *break* ,[DOOM] x2
    1:#6 | Doctor Doom(#139) |44.219 $118.549.133

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mechdestroyer View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I just want to start this conversation with that quote. Directly taken from the constitution in the bill of rights. The second amendment.

I want to hear everyones opinions on it. Should people have the right to bear arms. Does this have its limits? Can a person have a weapon on school grounds. What if that is where you live.(College)

Does this mean you can have shotguns and rifles but not hand guns? Or tanks? or nukes?

this article here makes a lot of good points i will highlight some of the points in my own writing but a good read none the less.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2901.html

I cannot think of any points I really disagree with him on. Plz excuse the 2 part and long read but I would request you read this if you got the time and if you just want to post your comments do so freely.

I for no gun control whatsoever.(Except when comes to convicted felons of violent crimes) One thing I want to do eventually in my life is to own a working tank. Think that would be cool to own.

An exspecially good point that the article makes is that a volunteer security guard stopped the killing rampage in colorado. Not the police but a private citizen with a gun.

Alright just wanted to get some discussions going! look forward to your comments.
    Absolute and total gun control in my opinion. No one except police and military should have guns (the militia argument no longer holds water, it was fine when wars were fought with muskets, but it's useless nowadays unless you allow civilians to have anti-tank and anti-air weapons.)

There is no such thing as gun control. All these law makers do is strip and restrict the decent people from buying and having guns. Do you really think we will ever get all the guns from the criminals off the street? yea, good luck!

Perhaps if people we able to carry guns all the time then crime might go down. I mean would you rob someone who has a gun or no gun?

Now as a gun owner i'm fine with having laws. I can deal with not carrying my gun in a store or places like that. There is no need. But i don't like people telling me i can't have one or own one. If i go out and shoot someone, then yup take it away and lock me up... But i will never feel that taking guns away will ever solve anything.. it would be just one more thing that we have been stripped of.

It's like the seatbelt law.. Why in the hell do we keep putting these over educated idiots into office.. I mean really, now we need them to tell us how to save our lives? I mean do they really care? No, they want you alive so they can soak more tax money out of you..

Some laws are needed to keep the peace. But 60% of todays laws are BS!

When are people going to accept the fact that you can kill with anything not just guns. When someone goes crazy and blows away 10 people the first thing that they start saying is, well if he couldn't get a gun then this never would have happened.. No maybe he/she wouldn't have been able to kill 10 people and maybe just 2 or even one, so basically they are saying that 10 lives is more important then 2? How about we start looking at the people doing these crimes. How about things change so one parent can be home with the kids raising them instead of some daycare? How about allowing parents to dicipline there kids without fearing they will be taken away. Kids have no fear of there parents today. they rule them! When i grew up if i did something wrong i got it good. I feared my parents and out of that fear grew respect!

There are so many more factors that come into play in these mass murders. GUNS ARE NOT THE ONLY THING! and taking them away will not solve the problem..

There are no guns in prison but yet lots of inmates die everyday.. but nobody cares about that. Someone gets shanked in prison it never makes the news. But if someone would get shot then it's all over the papers... funny how selective we are on what we want to report!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Put it this way:

Would your country be safer if every household owned multiple guns?

One word: No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Put it this way:

Would your country be safer if every household owned multiple guns?

One word: No.

How do you know this?

lets use this for an example, if every home in the US was able to have one gun but the rule was nobody could take it from there home(and pretend that everyone followed this law) as it would only be for protection from burglers how many homes do you think will be broken into?

Nobody is going to break in a home when they know that person has a gun and will be ready to use it. It's just like, homes with dogs are less likely to be robbed then homes without.

Nobody knows how things would be if everyone had guns. I'm not saying they all should. I'm simply saying i don't know. And that i'm tired of people saying that guns are the problem when i really wish they would say they don't know..

And 95% of the people who say guns are the problem are ones who don't have them. But yet if we try to take something of there's away well then that would be a different story..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

hehe i could arm a small country with everything from revolvers to LMG's and you dont see me going out to kill someone... if someone broke into my house i dont have to leave the second floor to stop them dead in their tracks... if my house catches on fire im not calling the fire department... for their own safety cuz if my house goes up chances are my one neighbors house would go up and that would make our block a danger zone...

i have cases upon cases of bullets as well as over 120 guns in my house... but id be more worried about the dogs then the guns
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

Of course we don't know what would happen if that were the case. But please tell me, what are guns for? For shooting things! For shooting what? Do people need AK-47s and or Glocks to hunt animals? So what then? Hmm.. say, PEOPLE?

I am against any gun that is not used for hunting or by law enforcement. I do not understand why gun shops in the states sell assault weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

An armed society is a polite society. Period. Gun control is total BS. Who are a bunch of pasty faced attorneys to tell me i cannot own a firearm and protect myself? They wont. gun control only pushes gun sales underground and mainly in the hands of criminals.

o am P, the seatbelt thing...i agree with u in principle however driving is a privilidge not a right..so they CAN force us to wear seatbelts.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Washington DC has a very high crime rate why? weapons are not allowed in the city and the criminals knwo that...

i use assault weapons for entertainment... we have a shooting range set up and i use it to its fullest extent... 300 yards yeah its not much for a .338 lapua, an AR50, or a 300 win mag but its still fun to know that i can demolish a pop can at 300 yards
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _