Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Those of you that just take recruits without knowing them...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    btw just throwing out my 2 cents

tag limits will not work you guys are welcome to try them and since i think i am 1 of maybe 3 people (actually i think i was the only one) that played when there actually were tag limits not just when there was talk of it. you instate them and sure it might seem to help but in the end you will end up with all the top players in 1 nation sooner or later since that is what benifiets them the most or you will wind up with not knowing where half of wlf is so when you try to war them you get slaughtered. there are other reason but once again you are welcome to try them. (the main reason being that people will and have quit before since they want to play with their friends and if you limit who they can play with then they get pissed)

personally i am all for getting rid of flags
    what does it matter if your suicider is american/russian/bulgarian or estonian? you are still screwed over regardless of who did it. people that really want to hide their flags if you force them to will just use proxies and then you are no better off then before. people are using flags to make judgemental desicions about the state and that is just wrong and racist.
    There are more then 3 here. Unless i'm remembering wrong and it was earlier then i think, but i'm pretty sure svenne put it on for about 3 sets 2yrs or so before the game went down. He did it for the exact same reasons people are mentioning it here.. Then when it didn't work he took it off.. I do know it didn't last to long.. Maybe he also tried it before my time in WoW but when i was there it was only one time.

There are a few different reasons why the flags were put on.. But i won't go into all of it.. Really doesn't matter to me if they are on or not. I can make the default "false" and then ppl can elect to show them or not..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    There are more then 3 here. Unless i'm remembering wrong and it was earlier then i think, but i'm pretty sure svenne put it on for about 3 sets 2yrs or so before the game went down.
    I played for 3 years, and there was never a nation cap (besides the 200 rule)

.. grrrr well then i guess it was a little before.. but i remember him doing it cause i remember not liking it one bit!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

i remember there being one in chaos...99 state limit...

Missionary Guest

99 state limit? we had mare than 150 odd states in our nation we made

Quote Originally Posted by youngwebsolutions View Post
    simple solution, enable flags for everyboy by administration..
    or why not just make everyone use there forums names, so everyone knows who they are?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    thats perfect example of a suicide fool
    the only difference was the target was in a nation as small as the suiciders.
    um no fool, they declared on FED and killed one of them and then got killed by another nation. they could have wanted to continue the war and go onto win. there for not expecting to die and NOT suiciding. there attacks on USA can be consider suiciding but not the ones on the FED state.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    btw just throwing out my 2 cents

tag limits will not work you guys are welcome to try them and since i think i am 1 of maybe 3 people (actually i think i was the only one) that played when there actually were tag limits not just when there was talk of it. you instate them and sure it might seem to help but in the end you will end up with all the top players in 1 nation sooner or later since that is what benifiets them the most or you will wind up with not knowing where half of wlf is so when you try to war them you get slaughtered. there are other reason but once again you are welcome to try them. (the main reason being that people will and have quit before since they want to play with their friends and if you limit who they can play with then they get pissed)

personally i am all for getting rid of flags
    what does it matter if your suicider is american/russian/bulgarian or estonian? you are still screwed over regardless of who did it. people that really want to hide their flags if you force them to will just use proxies and then you are no better off then before. people are using flags to make judgemental desicions about the state and that is just wrong and racist.
    i can see the **** ip...
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Calvin74 Guest

right but if they go through a proxy then it changes their ip.......