Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Those of you that just take recruits without knowing them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I don't think we need to IP ban them. I think if a state they suicide is reinstated and there's is deleted then after awhile they will get bored with it as there is no point..
    also referring to Maggio's post..

most top nation are over 25 members.
    All new people, or non veterans, less active people etc etc.. can't do much warring really..
    IF you are in smaller nation, the only way, of doing some damage is to pick a target attack it and see if you can break him.. It might kill you off, but again this is the smaller players 5 minutes of FAME.

Obvious this is done by end of set, since the set will end soon anyway..

SO this is the Dilemma:
    - should we protect members in a HUGE nation, who could grow easily and benefit of being in big nation, AND STILL be not strong enough?!
    - or should we encourage smaller nations trying to get experience and have some fun in last days of a set?

repeatinly killing the same state over and over again, for no reason is however a totally different story..

I've said this before, install a max. nation size (member number). this will equal out more the nations.
    It is mentioned before, we might get USA1, USA2, LOL1, LOL2 etc etc. but think about this, after 1/2 a set, the NEW leader, wants to make his own decisions, gets new member who have no connection with the original split off and a REAL new nation is born!

As long as you have huge differences in opportunities for different members, people will be anixious, or jalous and MIGHT therefore suicide just to gain some self esteem.

take a look at real life, WHY do so many countries/people dislike the USA? not only in middle east, but also in europe, asia etc etc
    Most heard comment: USA is too big, and rule the world too much.. with their way of life
    **Serving the planet**

Quote Originally Posted by youngwebsolutions View Post

All new people, or non veterans, less active people etc etc.. can't do much warring really..
    IF you are in smaller nation, the only way, of doing some damage is to pick a target attack it and see if you can break him.. It might kill you off, but again this is the smaller players 5 minutes of FAME.

SO this is the Dilemma:
    - should we protect members in a HUGE nation, who could grow easily and benefit of being in big nation, AND STILL be not strong enough?!
    - or should we encourage smaller nations trying to get experience and have some fun in last days of a set?

repeatinly killing the same state over and over again, for no reason is however a totally different story..

I've said this before, install a max. nation size (member number). this will equal out more the nations.
    It is mentioned before, we might get USA1, USA2, LOL1, LOL2 etc etc. but think about this, after 1/2 a set, the NEW leader, wants to make his own decisions, gets new member who have no connection with the original split off and a REAL new nation is born!

As long as you have huge differences in opportunities for different members, people will be anixious, or jalous and MIGHT therefore suicide just to gain some self esteem.

take a look at real life, WHY do so many countries/people dislike the USA? not only in middle east, but also in europe, asia etc etc
    Most heard comment: USA is too big, and rule the world too much.. with their way of life
    I'm sorry, but what has this got to do with the suiciders ruining ppls ability to play and have fun? USA is not involved in my decision.

I'll say it again... USA IS NOT INVOLVED IN MY DECISION, I AM ACTING ALONE, OUTSIDE USA. I WILL NOT BE IN USA NEXT SET.

My decision to leave USA and go on my quest is mine and mine alone. Does that clear anything up for you?

And if being a prick is raising self esteem, then pity those ppl. That is a crock

Limiting nation size hasn't ever worked in the past, why do you think it would work now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    1: I'll say it again... USA IS NOT INVOLVED IN MY DECISION, I AM ACTING ALONE, OUTSIDE USA. I WILL NOT BE IN USA NEXT SET.
    2: Limiting nation size hasn't ever worked in the past, why do you think it would work now?
    1.: please read better: i wasn't talking about nation USA, i was talking about the COUNTRY USA

2.: I don't know the past, and I explained why I THINK it MIGHT work

I just wanna point out, there are always 2 (or more) sides of the story..
    what is the best one... I don't know..
    **Serving the planet**

SO this is the Dilemma:

Having large nations is not the problem here. Suiciders are the problem. And it's not just large nations that are effected by this. and just cause a state is in a large nation does not mean he can be any better then a small state nation.

Look at FED. There was a member in there that was in the top 5 (maybe 10 can't remember) and FED only has 3 members. But what happened? he was suicided on. Why? what did he do? he didn't bully anyone, didn't do anything illegal, he was killed cause someone wanted to have what they think is fun. Now there is a dead state where the member worked hard all set at making and all that time spent looking for grabs and building the best state is gone.

I'm all for wars. and if a top state loses it in war then so be it. Maybe his leader is war hungry and only cares about himself, who knows...

As for the nation cap, i'm not against it. I just don't want to do it right now. It's the first set and i want to see how things pan out. if after 3 or 4 sets things are still the same, then sure we will do a cap.

BUT here is my flip side. Why should a nation be punished for being a good nation or a popular nation? To use your RL example, why should USA not be liked cause of our way of life? Should we destroy all we have and build mud houses? People complain an awful lot about the USA, but i bet if we were gone or stopped helping everyone there views would change.. But this is a whole other matter ..

When WoW was packed with people there were no caps on nations. Smaller nations started all the time. USA started with 3 members and was a small spec on the charts. But we were dedicated and aimed at being a great nation. So now all these years of hard work we should be punished for this?
    We don't bother anyone. We help the smaller nations get on there feet. We offer some protection to smaller nations while getting on there feet. I could go on and on.

So there is 2 sides to this nation capping.. I see and understand both sides, but again i would really like to see how things pan out before we make any changes to the game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I am mixed at the moment. I want the suiciders out, what makes this game so great is that it does have rules. Other games you can hit a certain state until you wanna stop on your own will. One state could just pick on one state the whole set and nothing would be wrong with it. Repeatingly killing the suiciding states is a win for them. They are taking away from YOUR set. Which is what they want to do. There are just some people out there that just like to cause misery on other people for no reason at all. Right now, i can not think of a solution, but I am sure we can think of one soon.

1.: please read better: i wasn't talking about nation USA, i was talking about the COUNTRY USA

2.: I don't know the past, and I explained why I THINK it MIGHT work

I just wanna point out, there are always 2 (or more) sides of the story..
    what is the best one... I don't know..
    Why make an anti American post in this thread? That was just out of line. What was your point in making a political statement in this a game related thread?

If you want to make an anti American statement pls start your own thread in General Discussions, then I can completely ignore it.

Stay on topic please. This thread is not about America or your opinions of it.
    Last edited by Dogma; 04-23-2008 at 18:41.

SO this is the Dilemma:

you say fun in the last few days warring....what makes you think warring is fun i find stocking a whole round and jumping to first is alot more fun than warring

but besides the fact this is something that can go on forever and wont ever be solved. And i hope that it always remains never to be solved because if admins change the game to their personal preference it will ruin the game.

I just hope next set new/small nations arent going to be expected to do anything for another nation unless allied etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    you say fun in the last few days warring....what makes you think warring is fun i find stocking a whole round and jumping to first is alot more fun than warring

but besides the fact this is something that can go on forever and wont ever be solved. And i hope that it always remains never to be solved because if admins change the game to their personal preference it will ruin the game.

I just hope next set new/small nations arent going to be expected to do anything for another nation unless allied etc.
    I just want to ask, why do you keep implying that smaller nations are gonna be required to do anything? There is not a nation in this game that makes smaller nation do what they want them to. I am just curious to you thinking on this

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    When i threw out the whole reinstating a state and deleting a suicider i was simply pointing out that we tried that in WoW. Svenne did it a few times and it calmed the suicides a little.. But when he stopped doing it they started again.

One thing i want to make clear again is, i don't change things to this game on a whim. NOTHING ever gets changed without the majority's approval. And the votes come from the people not the admins. I want the people to decide how things are done around here not just the admins.

Of course certain rules are set by admins thats a given, but day to day game play rule and regulations are set by the people...

Nation-Wars govt is for the people and by the people ..

seriously though, we all play this. Many purchase premium accounts and support this game so i look at all of this as "all of our game" and all of us decide on what is best for it..

So now you know and be sure that this game will never be changed to just admins likings..
    Last edited by Mr President; 04-23-2008 at 18:49.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Why make an anti American post in this thread? That was just out of line. What was your point in making a political statement in this a game related thread?

If you want to make an anti American statement pls start your own thread in General Discussions, then I can completely ignore it.

Stay on topic please. This thread is not about America or your opinions of it.
    1: about country usa: it is relevant due to discussion about size and somebody's assosiation with it..

2: it is not my personal opion.. again, read better, I'm just stating that bigger nations/states might get unwanted attention of people with bad intentions

3: i'm against people who destory other peoples fun (e.g. suiciders)
    BUT i'm also pointing out, not every suicider is just out for destroying other peoples fun.
    Also my post includes SUGGESTIONS to face the problem that for sure exists.

now a question to heat up the discussions:
    what makes you differ from a suicider if you just start killin other states, which behaviour you don't like?
    **Serving the planet**