Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Front Page

pcgluva Guest

lazys just tap the space bar once it will jump down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

yea i didn't like scrolling down to log in at first either.. the log in sections were originally lower and i raised them up so you could at least see some of them when you first logged on..

only other way to do it would be line them width wise and stack them.. which i don't think would look very good..
    Mr P, if I'm imagining it right, I don't think that would look bad. If were talking about making a good first impression here, I think actually seeing the login part right away would be better. Maybe putting the game description paragraph below the login page instead of above it? just throwing it out there... you guys know so much more than I do

Its a tough call. I think it is more important for new visiters to get the description and for us old guys to scroll down.

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    the graphics will only loose 80% of the quality and be 100 times faster to load. It goes pretty slow on my DSL at work, i could just imagine what it would do with dail up.
    people still have dial up??

Most people have dial up. You have to consider that only 40% of the world even has a telephone!

someone imed me saying the log in boxes were gone

it was funny, i said scroll down =P
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Most people have dial up. You have to consider that only 40% of the world even has a telephone!
    , you shouldn't generalize like that, I don't know anyone who has dial-up, i guess you could pay some extra to get it, but hey, 12 Mbit broadband is much cheaper

OnTopic: this new login screen looks awful,
    firstly, brown is a terrible colour, secondly, these buttons look old, not old-school, but nasty old, at least you should add some mouse_over images

a little something on colours: http://www.colorsontheweb.com/
    LandDragon of Equilibrium
    [KIHT] [EE] [Prey]

Quote Originally Posted by LandDragon View Post
    , you shouldn't generalize like that, I don't know anyone who has dial-up, i guess you could pay some extra to get it, but hey, 12 Mbit broadband is much cheaper

OnTopic: this new login screen looks awful,
    firstly, brown is a terrible colour, secondly, these buttons look old, not old-school, but nasty old, at least you should add some mouse_over images

a little something on colours: http://www.colorsontheweb.com/

What is your opinion on the Estonian login screen? I'm curious to know is why i'm asking..

I don't know if you are able to or know how, but if you want, make a sample button of what you think is good and either send it to me or upload it on here.. I would like to see the difference in your tastes.. I'm far from any good at colors and all that, so i rely on others to help me out.. So this would help us out some..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Personally I don't like the main page. Can be somewhat slow to load at times (even with my cable connection), heavily dependent on images, and the colors bother me. Just doesn't seem to flow correctly or something.

Glad to see some criticism. I am going to lookinto that link you gave dragon thanks.