Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gestapo Takes Swift action

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post
    I fail to see the major drama here. There isn't much to the Dev group anyway. If your previous infraction wasn't clear, this post certainly erases all doubt.

It isn't how i would have handled it, but to each their own People are too wound up over little things, less drama in the world, the better
    Yea, you're right Tnova. People shouldn't care about making a game better, and they certainly shouldn't care about being removed from commitment to a game over a small infraction. Course, if we were all like that, we'd probably just be here to play the game, and not stick around during down times to work with the community on making the game better.

But you must be right Tnova--don't get wound up over little things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Tnova Guest

All this could have been cleared up with a little pow wow. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Airing dirty laundry of differences between "committed" people is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

I agree that the community should have a little knowledge of this "staff" that keeps this forum running so well. If a member is removed, the community should have the right to know why. But hoe, im not sure if you had to display everything that happened as if it were a court case. it's almost as if you're showing them up ( at least that's how i took it at first, i apologize if that's not your intention). I do agree with you, though, this was no reason for you to be removed.
    Nevertheless, if there's one thing that needs to be improved, it's how the mods handled this.. Hoe brought up a valid point in the forum, and sure he used some unneeded sarcasm, but so what? all i see is sarcasm nowadays and sarcasm is my middle name.
    as nosejam said in that thread in question, " sarcasm is lost in some people"

learn to take a joke, and this all could have been avoided...

ps im not knocking anyone, as you guys are doing a fantastic job... just showing my opinion as requested by hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post
    All this could have been cleared up with a little pow wow. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Airing dirty laundry of differences between "committed" people is exactly what we are trying to avoid.
    Since when did getting kicked off the dev team become a mole hill?

But I suppose if Tnova says it's a small thing, it must be a small thing to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    This message has been deleted by Dogma
    that's the word i was lookin for! dogma ftw
    Last edited by pcgluva; 04-29-2008 at 07:01. Reason: Dogma Deleted his post

In my oppinion, I think this was blown out of proportion. Like a lot of things that has happened here. I think the best choice was for hoe to talk to BB about it personally and not bring it up here first. Now, i am not sure if hoe did or not. But i do not think hoe should have been removed from his dev. position. If anything, the admins should have talked to hoe before his removal.

on the mod/admin bashing note- i think you should be able to bash mods/admins. Just to a certain extent as well as you can with other members. How often do we make fun of hoe, or pres, or anton even. Now i am not saying, every post should be bashing on a member. Whether your admin/mod/president/priest or w/e you should not be excluded from bashing from other members. Bashing, making fun of, is what makes these forums fun and exciting.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

see if people dont speak out then these things go unnoticed by the community as a whole and the mods and admins realize this and they become the gestapo... trust me i have seen it done many times... It is the normal members RIGHT and obligation to speak out against the mods in public so what happens can be said and done on record instead of in private where an admin can say that someone said something they didnt say and bam its an uneven battlefield

For this i am in Favor of Hoebawt
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

Lol, anyone can see he was joking in the first post about state numbers.
    But then (somehow) made a valid point, correct me if i'm wrong but if you have a prem account you keep you state number EVERY set. So if the rule is not to post state numbers then this should be the case during the round and after that round because a state will STILL have the same number in the next round. Therefore althought joking Hoe has pointing out an error with the rule.
    For that well done.
    Old Nations: [AF]x4 [E]x3 [Royals]x3 [BA3] [WLF]x4 [TNG] [TNWF] [LOL] [EE] [HORDE] [DAK] [HAJ] [BH]x2 [EURO][TNR][PAIN][CB][US][UB]x2[SKY]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    Hoebawt has been removed from the dev team!!!!

Yes ladies and gents, Its true Hoebawt spoke out on the machine and its off with his head.....

Is this action fair and just? or is there more to it... Is this the cause of a unfriendly relationship with the admin? Does this mean to be part of the staff in this game u must suck up and get along with the higher powers? Im sure it doesn't hurt.... but is it the only way to stay in a position to help the game? It might seem so.

Now must of you by now are wondering what the hell did hoebawt do and what the hell is he whinning aobut... but here it is

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showth...?t=1990&page=2

if u look over the thread... you will see im not the only one posting about not posting state numbers... but i was the only one told to "chill"... even tho i was just joking..... Ofcourse it didnt end there... i had to comment on this post which i was told to "chill"....Sorry you cant see the real post coz it was edited and then deleted but heres wat i said....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    Sarcasm is lost on some people

Tell me about it ****......

RELAX BB

and great how some rules have double standards

and u have the same state number as last set BB so the rule should apply "your a admin u should know this"

As you can see i italicized and underlined a part of my post... see this part of my post was seen as something that should be removed and warned coz i talked about a admin...now i honeslty dont think this was something bad or even rude to post... but yet it was removed... seems u cant speak out on the staff or else u get a warning......

Once my post was edited i thought it wasnt fair so i changed my post to this....

"and great how some rules have double standards.....

and u have the same state number as last set BB so the rule should apply (and u call urself a admin)

Edited Post Notification

Hoe took out the thing about the admin, no points or anything added just try not to question authority out in public, we cant run the bored if the structure isnt held together

to sean wat are you head of the Gestapo?

my ideas and theory's wont be suppressed any longer "

Now here is where it gets fun.... See after my warning and a previous event which i wont bring up but im sure Mr P and BB know wat im talking about....

I felt me asking Sean if he was the head of the Gestapo was a good question seeing as how my post was edited coz i spoke out on a admin.. didnt disrespect or say anything vulgar just pointed out something the admin should know or atleat think they should know.... I also posted the clip of the warning so ppl reading the topic know wat i was referring to and didnt ask tons of questions of why i was referring to Sean as the ehad of the Gestapo....

Now do you The community think this was fair? that the Undermining of the Mod is such a horrible and disrespectful offense that deserves a member to be removed from his position in the dev team?

Or is this punishment to harsh for a crime if a crime was even committed?

Plz mods and Admins don't close this thread let it be lets see wat the community thinks

you shouldnt be talking about the gestapo before you really know what they did...
    Don't ask what you can do for you country
    Ask what your country can do for you

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    you really don't know how many exp players we have? its me, morph, swede, raul and norris basically.
    *giggle*

[WANT]x2 [UAAF] [GRIM]x3

You have killed betty(#237)

Sorry you got removed, I am a little upset about it. Then again you most likely sealed your fate by taking it one, two, and maybe even three steps further then it should have gone.
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 04-29-2008 at 08:27.