Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA against death penalty??

Spetznaz_GRU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Warl0rd View Post
    If they sit idle at jail yes, put them working and you could actually make money out of prisons.
    Still you need to feed, cloth and supervise them. Oh and pay for their room and such.

Spetznaz_GRU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    not off my paycheck. BULLdemocrats
    Democrats rule. At least they're the only people in USA, republicans are monkeys.

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spetznaz_GRU View Post
    Jails cost loads of money.
    thats a dangerous way of thinking. although they are criminals, know life should have money value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    PS: That's a quality source m8 - like to see kids reading the Economist
    haha, i clicked the advert link, didnt even read it just the 1st line and though it was funny .

Spetznaz_GRU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    thats a dangerous way of thinking. although they are criminals, know life should have money value.
    Depends. If you have stolen something or committed some fiscal crimes, then yes. If you raped, killed (depends on your reason ofcourse, I mean if it's because somebody killed your mother or raped her, then not) or molested children, then he should not have the right to live. Ok, maybe give them one last chance. Make it clear to them, that next time that they're going to get caught, that their life is over.

Acetriad Guest

I believe most states use lethal injection nowadays. The fact is, some crimes deserve the death penalty. If you are serving consecutive life sentances with no hope of parole, with undeniable proof that you did it... well, a bullet is pretty cheap. You only have to buy the gun once. I read somewhere that with all the apeals and other red-tape, its usually cheaper to have someone in jail for life than to kill them.
    Our prisons are very overcrowded. Of course, this has less to do with people who deserve the death penalty cluttering it up than people who don't need to be there in the first place, but thats a different topic.

Notice: Some words are being allowed in this topic due to relevance and the fact that there isn't any good way to say what that word means without being even more crude about it.

well done ace
    There is no greater sin than apathy