Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns for everyone?

hmmm, Warlord, u have given me some excellent ideas. thx.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Warl0rd View Post
    again, then why can't you use a machine guns for personal protection? or land mines around your yard? put 500.000 volts in you door knob, electrify your fences, etc that would be more effective don't you think? why guns and not the rest? what makes then suitable for protection?
    Um other than the land mines in the yard, you can use the rest

i strongly suggest you remember to turn off the 500,000 volt door knob
    before coming home from a night out on the town... might ruin your evening

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spetznaz_GRU View Post
    Try to remember what about any western movie is about. You'll get the answer yourself.

The only truth to a western movie is how lonely a life the cowboy actually
    lead.

think about it, with all the real time TV shows now, how interesting would
    it be if a camera crew followed around a cowboy back in those days?

they added all the gunfights so people would watch the show..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

exactly.

The need to be armed is clearly context dependent. Had I been born with the right to US citizenship, then I might have bought some myself...who knows. I don't think I would consider myself "a free man", if I needed a Browning to obtain a sense of security in my own home/country. However, if the alternative is chronic paranoia because everybody else are armed, then it becomes a question of choosing the lesser evil, which in this case would be to get armed asap.

Imo the paradox can only be resolved by reducing crime, which in turn is a matter of reducing social problems.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    police are there, however they are undermanned, underpaid and frankly underappreciated.
    1000% agree with this statement.

And everyone can carry guns, the problem is most do it illegally by not obtaining a license.

But the MAJOR problem does not lie in the carrier of the gun, but the seller of the gun. Not asking for proper certification and not doing background checks is why we have such a problem in America.

If we wanted to reduce crime, then gun dealers need to be targeted not just the criminals.

Spetznaz_GRU Guest

What a crap. It was called the wild west because of it being peaceful? And the guns that were used killing the Indians were to fy them? Or was killing the indians the same as going into Iraq? It's such ignorant nonsense saying that it was all that happened in movies wasn't real. There were bounties on people's heads. People had duels and ****. Don't tell me that this only happened in movies.

Warl0rd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    1000% agree with this statement.

And everyone can carry guns, the problem is most do it illegally by not obtaining a license.

But the MAJOR problem does not lie in the carrier of the gun, but the seller of the gun. Not asking for proper certification and not doing background checks is why we have such a problem in America.

If we wanted to reduce crime, then gun dealers need to be targeted not just the criminals.
    Getting hands in a illegal gun is easier in a country that sells millions of guns every year then in a country that just sells hundreds. Here you can't get a personal gun unless you work for the force or as a security. And if you want to buy guns for hutting you need a license, that implies making a teoric test (about gun calibers, hunting seasons calendar, how to safely carry a riffle, etc). Of course there are illegal guns used by criminal, but i'm sure not as much as in US, i can say I never saw anyone carry a gun other then a policeman or a military on service. Would i feel more safety if i carried a gun around, yes, does that means i should do it, no.

seems like a shortage of black market guns. hmm might be a gold mine there. lmao

Missionary Guest

some crime will go down, i mean i would asume muggins would go down if everyone had a gun haha.