Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EE Driving away new players?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyCat View Post
    dear DBozMen, you are member of WLF, who is know as nation what hate Estonains. So i think that, you try to make all you can to show us as really bad! and this is really old trick and sucks!

this little kill was good lesson for this player for 2 things:

* join nation! so your nation can protect you and (nation leader) clear your mess!
    * never don't attack somebody with military attack without reason! respect rules!
    In my initial sets playing WoW I used war attacks fairly often (though mostly against TGO) and no one killed me.

A warning would have sufficed.

i suppose if one of skycat's guys did an "accidental AA" and that state was killed he would be o well thats ok....serves him right? HECK NO!!! u would be wanting blood and ready to war....
    There is no greater sin than apathy

The newbie in question was untagged, but even so it's not a good reason to kill him without any warning. Even EURO wouldn't bother killing an untagged state for a single AA.

exactly, seems as if they are PURPOSELY trying to steer new players away. simple hey thats bad, dont do that again, next time stronger methods will be used. etc... just killing him/her is showing that u have no leadership skills or desire to help this game get stronger.

I think people are reading into this with your own opinions made before reading.

Was it the right thing to do? prob not if we want to keep new players, but then again let's look a bit further. SkyCat feels that everyone is gunning for them, so when a AA comes in he isn't going to ask questions he is just going to act.. Pretty much the same way we did last set.

All the EE players were new last set, but i didn't see anyone having a hard time killing them. Even when certain ones who didn't have anything to do with the suiciding died..

Once tensions die down some, i'm sure SkyCat will be more relaxed and not have to go to such extreme measures.

We all have killed an innocent state for whatever the reason. So let's try to keep all this in check..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    It's a shame one or two idiots have to ruin things for a whole group of ppl, Skycat, you wonder why ppl here are acting toward you and your nation the way they are?

Here's your sign.

@Ranger: Why do you think Domination is dead?

I keep hearing why domination is dead.. How do we know why it's dead? was it ever any good? I mean they never had very many members anyway. They had there version, we had ours. We had lots of members and i don't think they ever really did..

So when you only have 50 members or so, how much fun can that really be? There is no way you can have the same rules as we have ( 2x36) when there is only 50 members..

So instead of making that game a game of rules like we have, they just let it be every man for himself.. There really was no other choice for them.

And things would have changed over there i'm sure if all of us went there to play after WoW shut down, but A) we didn't go there in masses so it really wasn't noticable and B) none of us could read the language

So if 3 or 4 of us went there, they were not going to change there style of play. JUST LIKE WE HAVEN'T CHANGED OURS WHEN THEY CAME HERE! So they are adjusting to our style of play after playing years of there style..

this is just my opinion of course .. but dang, it's getting old reading the same old thing all the time. I think we all need to get use to a HUGE fact, the Estonians are welcome to play here as long as they like. And unless the majority of them start getting vastly out of control and really hurting the game, they will not be asked to leave. So can't we all bend a little and have more understanding.. We all claim that we don't "dislike" them, but yet it seems we keep them at an arms length all the time and point everything they do out..

well, first...i dont recall even speaking about domination....not sure about that...second..i dont have an opinion about the estonians one way or the other...just stating how i feel about the subject...lastly...those players killed were due to severe lack of judgement by their leaders. their leaders sealed their fate. this new guy had no nation or any idea about what is right or wrong. a simple bad doggie with a swipe with the newspaper would have sufficed instead of him going the way of ole yeller.

Missionary Guest

so you have spoken to the 2 states killed have you ranger? to confirm that they were indeed new to the game??

I didn't point you out, i simply said i keep hearing.. (or reading i guess )

So last set when we killed innocent Estonian players who did nothing except join a nation of people they were familiar with is no different then what SkyCat did?

Look i'm not saying what he did was right.. We all are trying to gain new members to the game. But let's look at the big picture. He thinks people are out to war him so he is not taking any chances. Just like we didn't last set.

just like this set most of us are really asking questions and not trusting people who want to join our nations. So some new person comes to the game and claims he is new and wants to join, how many are actually going to take him for his word?

This is all i'm saying, tensions are high so we all are being quick to judge right now.

Can't we all just get a long?

Come on Everybody join me, Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya...