Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tank discussion (again)

Default Tank discussion (again)

Hey, i just messaged to about 6-7 leaders in NW and asked do they support tanks, all replied NO. And in my understanding tanks are better (in theory i can be wrong, but in practice I've never seen myself being wrong Now the price of tanks is even much lower than min price...witch is interesting). But i dont wanna talk about that now.

The question is why there even are tanks when no one uses those?

I guess it was waste of money and turns to upgrade those, but even i can do mistakes.

ps. who wants me, exept wlf?

Crimson Shadow Guest

I believe the main reason they are not supported by many nations is the price and that they consume more food than inf do.

I think the strength ratio on tanks/inf is about 8.5/1.4 however the maintenance costs are on a level of 10/1 all the while the nw difference is 1.2/.17. Therefore they may seem like a good idea at the time, but the cost to benefit ratio is not conducive to a profitable state as the cost greatly outweighs any benefit you might gain from having them.

they can be good to start with, but not in the long run

and I forgot to include the food consumption, for tanks it is 5 times higher than for inf, so when added to the maintenance costs, it seems to be a losing strategy

*Cough* BOMBERS *COUGH* *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist View Post
    Hey, i just messaged to about 6-7 leaders in NW and asked do they support tanks, all replied NO. And in my understanding tanks are better (in theory i can be wrong, but in practice I've never seen myself being wrong Now the price of tanks is even much lower than min price...witch is interesting). But i dont wanna talk about that now.

The question is why there even are tanks when no one uses those?

I guess it was waste of money and turns to upgrade those, but even i can do mistakes.

ps. who wants me, exept wlf?
    Don't flatter yourself. WLF doesn't want you.

I'll let you in Cappy

Freelance Warrior

alot of indies I know use tanks in their start ups.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    alot of indies I know use tanks in their start ups.
    pretty much every indy start up ive seen includes a "with initial money received upgrade infantry to lvl4, then leave protection producing tanks, spend turns, sell tanks, use money to upgrade to lvl8 infantry."

problem begins when people still decide to use tanks way into the set long after their infantry should have been upgraded.

Further problems with tanks imo, is that it kinda relies on all the cashers/farmers using this start up, otherwise, who else is going to buy tanks , guess thats why the tank prices are so low atm. Cashers/Farmers already upgraded to lvl8 infantry, and indies dont need to buy them when they can produce them , guess unless they start producing infantry/ships etc for sale and buy the dirt cheap tanks isntead but thats another matter...doubt its sustainable in long term.

personally my final verdict = Infantry > Tanks.