Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tank discussion (again)

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    *Cough* BOMBERS *COUGH* *cough*
    I love bombers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I love bombers
    We all love bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    We all love bombers!
    bombers whats a bomber???

lmao

any way TNG WANTS YOU!!!!!!
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG

1 tank is about 6 inf in terms of military strength.

The NW is nice, and yeah, they eat a heck of a lot, but they get a bad rap since no one uses them. I had my best finish (4th with the big NW numbers) using tanks and jets as my army setup.

If they're min price at the end of the set, and ships aren't around, they're actually better to buy (if you used them all set) than using the black market since you get more NW for your money.

Food/upkeep ought to be tweaked a bit, and then they'd be more viable/popular.

If I lead again, I'm supporting tanks just to be different.

Well yeah, i thought inf were better (i've done my calculations way back then...and then it seemed to me that tanks are better, except they consume more food) cause everyone uses those. So basically they are useless and for dump ppl who dont know the best way to play the game...and I guess its the reason why there are tanks in this game (so that some players like me would use them and not do that well)

About bombers, anyone played Earth 2025? In that game it was quite silly to use inf (because you lose defense points as well when attacking) and the system in that game was pretty logical. (so when i started this years ago i of course used mostly agm and bombers)

I just finished 6th when running a tank strat. They are very good. Most poeple dont know how to run with tanks well so nobody uses them.

Ive have always viewed inf to be the worst unit except spies. They just dont do much, they are easy to use and you fail less when attacking(if you dont know what your doing) so that is why i think they are used.

And Capatalist stop perpetuating this argument, then everyone will run tanks then we cant stay out on top with em.

you can join doom and get to know us were running farm this set but i think we will go back to indy tanks next set.

I will say that the best place they are is the top 5 along with agms, as they produce the most ms on defense.

also warring they are better bc of the less upkeep and more MS

Bombers are really good until ships pass them the last like 200 turns or something but no def
    *break* ,[DOOM] x2
    1:#6 | Doctor Doom(#139) |44.219 $118.549.133

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Would you have finished 6th had all those Estonian states not been killed and all those LOL (and USA?) states been suicided?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    Would you have finished 6th had all those Estonian states not been killed and all those LOL (and USA?) states been suicided?
    how many of the top 10 states would have been there if that has not have happened?
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    how many of the top 10 states would have been there if that has not have happened?
    true, but were talking about something very specific. If someone was consistently getting top10 finishes with tanks then that would be a different matter...

If bombers were renamed to "suicide bombers" we may be able to get another demographic involved in this game.