Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tank discussion (again)

Ok Doom will be running indy tanks next set i believe bc we all dont much like farming, and i will consistantly as best i can run and place in the top 10 so far im on a streak of 3rd and 6th with the 6th being tanks

so we will see how this goes, if i am secured a peaceful set, which nobody really ever is but more than likely then i know i can do wonders with tanks but having to keep spies and ships for defenses hurts me speically the ships,

does any body got the calcs on bombers and stuff i think i will have to re go over mine but they do look very good
    *break* ,[DOOM] x2
    1:#6 | Doctor Doom(#139) |44.219 $118.549.133

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    -Thomas Jefferson

this ad was in the wrong topic, so I'm putting it in the right one.

Post Tanks v Inf

Tanks and infantry do the same thing.

They're pretty much equal overall. I've had a top 5 finish using tanks instead of inf.

The main difference between the two is that tanks carry more NW, which is good for standard netting, especially if you're a bottom feeder, but bad for stocking.

So why does everyone choose inf not tanks? Not everyone chooses inf. Bright & I have played in nations that use tanks and not inf.

Most people do choose inf. This is mainly due to market forces. Because most indies produce & sell inf all through the set, if you're going techer/casher/farmer you have to choose inf else you can't get enough public market infantry to support you. Like wise if you are going indy, you produce infantry, because if you produce tanks, there is nobody to buy them and you cannot sell your units to get cash.

It is a self perpetuating situation. The only way tanks can become a practicality is if a group of indys & a group of techers/farmers or cashers both choose to use tanks over inf for the same set.

I disagree with Calvin that they & bombers should be removed from the game. I think they have their place here, even if it is as a lesser role than other units.

I also admit I don't know of a set winner to be using tanks over inf. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that I don't know of it. I don't see why it shouldn't happen.