Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info

Default Info

Just wanted to let you all know that Tnova has been promoted to Vice President of Security for the game/forums. He brings a vast amount of knowledge to the table and will be helping me keep the game and forums free from cheaters. As we all know, it is an uphill battle but we try.

I still ask that you all do your part and if you know someone is cheating, please report them. It is strictly confidential and nobody knows. Cheating hurts the game. Nobody likes a cheater.

My rules on this are simple.. If your caught the first time you get a slap on the wrist. If you get caught again, it's a perm ban. I have no mercy for cheaters.

We have a great game and a lot of great people playing it. Look how many people came back to play this game. So that means there is a love for this game. So why do people have to try and ruin it by cheating...

Anyway, congrats Tnova!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

Congrats Tnova...have fun with your new position

What is the NW policy on proxies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

congrats! on the new job!

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    What is the NW policy on proxies?
    Against the rules.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Tnova Guest

Let me expand a little bit. Proxies as a whole aren't against the rules, as plenty of schools and business use a proxy for computers in their organization. The Terms of Service highlight the areas that aren't allowed.

You may NOT play the game through any public proxy or anonymizer software or portal

Web Proxies, anonymizers, and any public proxies meant to hide a persons IPs and cookies are not permitted. These systems can be used to get around the automatic detection systems set up. People who use these are usually looking to run multiple states.

Congrats Buddy! =)
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post
    Let me expand a little bit. Proxies as a whole aren't against the rules, as plenty of schools and business use a proxy for computers in their organization. The Terms of Service highlight the areas that aren't allowed.

You may NOT play the game through any public proxy or anonymizer software or portal

Web Proxies, anonymizers, and any public proxies meant to hide a persons IPs and cookies are not permitted. These systems can be used to get around the automatic detection systems set up. People who use these are usually looking to run multiple states.
    This is all good and all, but my problem is that my best friend lives in the same house as me i.e. same IP address therefore he cannot play or I would get banned

oh and congratz
    If I have to explain the joke then it joke will change and now your it

Quote Originally Posted by Akebavos View Post
    This is all good and all, but my problem is that my best friend lives in the same house as me i.e. same IP address therefore he cannot play or I would get banned

oh and congratz
    As long as it is not same computer, that is workable. All you would need to do is talk to Mr P, we have many ppl that play in the same house or dorm room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    As long as it is not same computer, that is workable. All you would need to do is talk to Mr P, we have many ppl that play in the same house or dorm room.
    No I run throught a router so all my PC get different IPs from the Router, but the router only gets one IP address.
    If I have to explain the joke then it joke will change and now your it