Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A whole new style of attacking

Default A whole new style of attacking

This is long, but it is an important read as this can really change everything and spice things up.

So a while back I was doing what I always do, thinking about changes and improvements to the game and I was thinking about attacking and how certain units are just to hard make needed. Like tanks for instance. The only way to make tanks useful is to create it's own attack. But the problem is we can't really make it kill anything that isn't already killed.. And we have the same problem with Bombers.. We do have the bomb run but nobody uses it and tweaking it more isn't going to change that.. I also was thinking we can't really keep adding in all sorts of attacks cause well then we would have more attacks doing the same things.. Then a wild hair blew up my arse and i started thinking on how we could change the whole attack feature and styles. As it stands the game is the same.. And it's kinda boring. Each set i start out the same way, upgrade the same things and purchase the same units.. Why is that? Well cause the game is limited and way to protective of states. I know right now those of you who say it's too easy to kill a top state already and getting a little worried.. Well my question is, why should a top state have to only purchase 300B inf and 100B ships and a few Billion SAMS and win the set? I'm tired of seeing the same people win set after set doing the same thing and having the same units. You can tell who will win a set by the end of the first few days (as long as there are no wars of course) So i got to thinking why not mix it up a bit.. Instead of having more and more attacks, why not limit them but change the focus of the attacks... Ok here is my idea.. Read it all, think about it some and then give some feedback.

There will be 4 attacks:

Regular Attack- This is the same as Standard Attack just a new name. (needed to change the abbreviation so the name changed) This attack will be for land grabs. Just like it is now.

Ground Attack- Infantry and Tanks vs Infantry and Tanks.

Air Attack- Jets and Bombers vs Jets and Bombers.

Sea Attack- Ships vs Ships.

Now your thinking that is what we have now.. Well here is the twist.. We also have a drop down menu to target our attacks against.

-Ground Units
    -Airfields
    -Naval Bases
    -SAM's
    -Food Supply
    -Infrastructure
    -Population
    -Land
    -Readiness

You can use any attack (other then regular) to attack any of these focus points. Depending on the attack you select, certain units mentioned above would defend.

So if i decide to do a Sea Attack against The White House(#2) and select population then my ships would attack and destroy a % of population and The White House's ships would defend. The same would work if i selected Ground Attack, then my Inf and Tanks would attack the population while the defending states Inf and Tanks defend.

Nothing changes on attacking units and defending units... All that changes is what we can use them for to attack.. Instead of having Inf and Tanks kill the enemies Inf and Tanks, now we can select it to kill something else instead. This makes a use for ALL units and it also makes it so states have to really do more things to protect itself.

Why should Jets destroy land?(not to mention jets killing land is... well.... weird! Why can't a Ground attack with Inf and Tanks destroy land too?

Why should just ships lower readiness? Why can't an Air Attack lower readiness too?

With this new way, this is all possible. Not to mention it would now increase the difficulty of the game a lot.. Which also brings new life into the game. Which we really could use.

Now i know some of you who are set in your ways are not going to like this. The first thing you will say is, it will be too hard to defend against all those available ways to be hit. Well your right it will.. But why shouldn't it? Just cause it's always been that way doesn't mean it's the right way. This solves a ton of our attacking issues as well as unit issues. Now each and every unit could, and should be used.

Think this all over and give me some feedback.. Please don't just shoot it down. yes this will change the game completely, but isn't that a good thing? We want change..

oh and just so you know, i already have it coded and working on one of my test servers and personally i think it's bloody sweet.. Works perfectly and really makes things interesting.. But there is always room for improvement so let me know what you think and we will go from there.

thanks and sorry so long..
    Last edited by Mr President; 03-10-2010 at 21:13.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I'm definatley down for a test set.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

YES, YES, and did I mention, YES???

I like this new style, its precision attacking, and makes the playing field more level- even your largest states will have a hard time staying up if they don't have anyone to back them. Feeding is harder now that any state who doesn't cheat will have vulnerabilities to exploit. Sure, you still have suiciders, but just as the big guys are easy to squash, so are the suiciders.

War becomes far more complex now, about the only negative I see to this is how spies would be a bit dulled since the other units can now infringe on their territory. However, spies still have their unique uses. Roll out the bank freeze in the normal server, Pres.

Brilliant all around though man, this is the kind of development that gets the old bones fired up again, haha.

Im very displeased with this........

Because its not setup in the test server yet..

I say we start testing this concept asap!

p.s. We need a smiley with a "try this" sign!

dam, this is sweet..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

like the idea a lot, maybe open the test server to everyone for a set or two? This way we can get a lot of people testing it. Its a big change and if it doesn't work as planned we could lose a lot of people.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    Im very displeased with this........

Because its not setup in the test server yet..

I say we start testing this concept asap!

p.s. We need a smiley with a "try this" sign!
    Ok heres what i see with it.

It really doesnt change the netting aspect... I'd be assuming regular attacks are going to stay the same as SA's so the same top states will still win reguardless, they will just be a bit easier to kill in the early stages of the set.

Also your taking sams out of the equation for air raids? that doesnt make since to me or did you just forget to make its jets,and bombers vs, jets, bombers, and sams? Also i dont see how bombers can defend in Air attacks.

Other than that i like it, however your making it to where breakers wont be as important so wars will be easier to kill states. And i remember how people liked to complain it was already to easy to kill a state.

However, my personal opinion is i like this i think this along with a few other changes would perk the game up a nice bit

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Love it, hands down. However, I can see many glitches and bugs within the game that could cause problems. In fact, that's probably why we haven't gotten to test it yet, so Mr. P can do his best to keep it running smoothly. Good luck in creating this, Mr. P! I hope this works! It sounds like it is so much fun!
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Ok heres what i see with it.

It really doesnt change the netting aspect... I'd be assuming regular attacks are going to stay the same as SA's so the same top states will still win reguardless, they will just be a bit easier to kill in the early stages of the set.

Also your taking sams out of the equation for air raids? that doesnt make since to me or did you just forget to make its jets,and bombers vs, jets, bombers, and sams? Also i dont see how bombers can defend in Air attacks.

Other than that i like it, however your making it to where breakers wont be as important so wars will be easier to kill states. And i remember how people liked to complain it was already to easy to kill a state.

However, my personal opinion is i like this i think this along with a few other changes would perk the game up a nice bit
    You practically said the same thing I was going to say. I felt bad because everyone here is saying how great these changes are... and I don't want to be the debby downer here.

But Mr P you want my feedback so I will give it to you honestly. These changes... will only affect warring. Think it over. You changed the name of a SA to RA. Ok.... and.... that's it. The rest is killing other units and land and readiness which people will only use in wars. So yeah the top states aren't safe, and warring will be affected/changed and that is exciting and the idea seems to have good intentions there... but how will this affect the way we play the game when you net (which face it a lot of the same people net all the time on here and more than war)? Doesn't seem like it will. That's my 2 cents on it... don't mean to criticize but you wanted our opinion.
    Last edited by ooga booga; 03-11-2010 at 00:55.

I like where this is going, will PM you on the weekend Pres
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]