Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A whole new style of attacking

totte Guest

implant imidetly

Nice idea

But won't there be SAMs anymore? I love those units and they are good for passive / defending states.

And bombers defending jets would be weird

Also, maybe there should be some restrictions on the drop-down menu. Eg, attacking air bases with ships would be weird; also killing a state only by ships via land killing would be weird too, ships aren't able to do that kind of things.

But change is good

Also here is another fantastic suggestion (remember the special zones? ) May there be some special units such as King Class Battleships or 007 spies that would be produced randomly (eg randomly 1 for each 1m production) with extra strong specialities? That'd bring some little more action
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

NO-NO-NO! pls don't change this game even more better fix this stupid nation menu

btw, Bombers is not weapons of defence
    pohjakiht[KIHT]; domination[EE]

I was declared a cheater in Nation-Wars!!! @ welcome to the DARK SIDE

NEVER STOP

LIFT THE BAN ON POSTING STATE NUMBERS IN THE FORUMS

dunno, leaves a lot of space for suicider wannabes.

as now even top state can be suicided by just selecting a certain unit.

might change the gameplay but in the next few sets there`s gonna be some angry people.
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    dunno, leaves a lot of space for suicider wannabes.

as now even top state can be suicided by just selecting a certain unit.

might change the gameplay but in the next few sets there`s gonna be some angry people.
    there is always angry people, In fact you yourself max are usually angry.

It would def. be interesting.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

totte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    there is always angry people, In fact you yourself max are usually angry.

It would def. be interesting.

Z

i´m agree with z

No SAM's would not be removed.. Simply forgot to mention them. They will defend as normal.

Blowing up airbases from ships is weird? why can a ship do costal pounding now, but blowing up airbases is weird? ..

I will talk more about some of the neg stuff mentioned by some when i get home from work tonight. Till then, keep the comments flowing. Even if they are bad ones.. I would still like to hear them..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Missionary Guest

its not the warring aspect of the game that needs to be changed. its the netting side of the game. very intresting but i think it will only be used as an easier way to kill top states, which is something most people already get peed off with.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    its not the warring aspect of the game that needs to be changed. its the netting side of the game. very intresting but i think it will only be used as an easier way to kill top states, which is something most people already get peed off with.
    Why should top states get special treatment? Are we saying that unless your a top state you don't matter?

This changes the netting side of the game. It now makes it so you can't simply net with Infantry only. You will be forced to protect yourself in all areas.

Why should jets be the only way to kill land?
    Why should ships be the only way to lower readiness?
    Why should bombers be the only way to blow up buildings?

why why why why why why...

States should be able to attack any part of another state they want too without having to use special attacks or units designed for that attack. I am well aware that this does increase the vulnerability of our top states, but not as much as you think it will. If the top state still has lots of jets and sams and i try to do an Air Attack against his/her buildings, I will still fail. But now, top states have to cover up areas a little more then in the past.

I am not saying this is the answers to all our problems. I am saying this is a new twist that i really like and think would work out well.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    You practically said the same thing I was going to say. I felt bad because everyone here is saying how great these changes are... and I don't want to be the debby downer here.

But Mr P you want my feedback so I will give it to you honestly. These changes... will only affect warring. Think it over. You changed the name of a SA to RA. Ok.... and.... that's it. The rest is killing other units and land and readiness which people will only use in wars. So yeah the top states aren't safe, and warring will be affected/changed and that is exciting and the idea seems to have good intentions there... but how will this affect the way we play the game when you net (which face it a lot of the same people net all the time on here and more than war)? Doesn't seem like it will. That's my 2 cents on it... don't mean to criticize but you wanted our opinion.
    Yes warring will be effected the most with this change. It will now mean that you don't have to have breakers and jet heavy states. You will have more balanced states. Right now with so few active members, having states run special units is hard. This way, it's easier to keep a nations networth up as well as balanced states who can attack with anything.

Does the US just send jets in when they attack a nation? No they use all sorts of attacks. So why should we limit ourself?

The only reason Standard Attacks name is changing is cause the new attack (Sea Attack) will have SA.. Amphibious Assault is a weird name to me.. Never did like that ..

Don't feel bad for giving your opinion Ooga.. It's what i asked for. I knew there would be a few who didn't like it or didn't agree with it.. That's cool. It doesn't mean your opinion is less valid..

I planned on setting up a test server for everyone to test out. A change like this really needs a full scale test before it's implemented into the game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

totte Guest

how about an spy op that could steal land?