Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A whole new style of attacking

Quote Originally Posted by totte View Post
    how about an spy op that could steal land?
    How about a spy op that disables some land, say a 10% reduction in output for an hour? Not really the point of this thread though.

@Mr P I'm not sure how much this would affect netting, as others have pointed out, if anything the regular grab should be removed altogether, and just add "land grab" to that list of other things. Or keep the regular attack and add land grab to the options for the others, but have it only give 25% of the land. That would really keep things competitive at the top and stop people running away with top spot.

Test server has been set up. Anyone who wants to try things out is welcome to. But there are a couple of things i want to point out.

1) Do not go on a killing spree. Testing takes longer when states have to start over and over and over. Those who do go on a killing spree will be removed from both games. JUST TEST WHAT WE NEED.. Each state created will begin with more land, turns and money to help test with. You can also make up to 5 states.

2) There is another feature that is being tested by a group of other testers on a different server. I have also loaded it on this server. I'll explain a little bit about it and feel free to mess with it, but that is not what we are really testing for right now, so any questions you have about it i will NOT answer. I just figured i would let you all mess with it some and see what you think.

As you know we have been testing various missiles and nuke stuff for the game. The first batch of testing was states having the nukes and launching them and now we are testing the other idea in which nations have the nukes and can launch them at other nations.

There are 2 new nation techs. One is called Nuclear Technology and the other is called Missile Defense. Once you get enough tech in either, you can begin building them. Launching them requires a certain amount of the specified tech. Once launched they destroy a % of the enemies national army.

If you build a Missile Defense, they 100% protect you from incoming nukes. Each time it shoots one down, 50% of it is used. So as you build them you will see .5 which is actually 1 defense system. When a nuke it launched it shows on your nations news, global news and enemy news.

tech info is found in the technology page and to build and launch a nuke, that is found in the foreign relations section.

again, i only opened this server to test the new attack feature.. So that is all i will discuss at this time. Feel free to mess with the nuke feature, just don't ask me about it.

http://www.nation-wars.com/test_index.php

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I think it also is one of the best suggestions to make a smaller/looser knit nation have a chance against a larger enemy. more so than strike delays/preparedness.

More blood with reason will help imo. giving a smaller nation a sense of presence and chance always will promote more playing.

It seems sometimes NW is in a bad rutt. change it up mr. p.

totte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I think it also is one of the best suggestions to make a smaller/looser knit nation have a chance against a larger enemy. more so than strike delays/preparedness.

More blood with reason will help imo. giving a smaller nation a sense of presence and chance always will promote more playing.

It seems sometimes NW is in a bad rutt. change it up mr. p.
    goes to test things out

pres, is it possible to have all new nations created start off with some money in the bank? I don't wanna have to play 3-4 days to get the tech to try out the new science features.

noticed when lowering readiness i got 9% off two times in a row with GA and than i got 7%(maybe luck?). And with AR attacking readiness i got 5% 1% 9%. Not sure if its supposed to be that much of a random. I always thought it was 3-7.
    Last edited by northbabylon; 03-12-2010 at 05:33.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Default good job Mr.P

the fact that you care about this game enuf to make and try changes with players input is a reason I stick around.

I've only been here a wee bit but I see the patterns already also. predictability is a bad thing in games like this.
    I know no one ikes me bring ing up that "other" game but its good to have something to add ideas from.
    One very cool thing they had was guerrilla attacks (troops only) that fought othe troops, killed civilians AND came back with food. was an awesome thing to spy and find "farmers" sitting on a buttload of fod with little protection.

Spies also had the ability to burn food and steal some to bring back.

One thing I really miss to is steling from the dead. Such a shame seeing dead guys laying around with wasted stocks

Love missiles, and wait until MU comes aound and sees this thread, hes a missileholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    No SAM's would not be removed.. Simply forgot to mention them. They will defend as normal.

Blowing up airbases from ships is weird? why can a ship do costal pounding now, but blowing up airbases is weird? ..
    love SAMs

and I thought that air bases might be far far away from the coast
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    How about a spy op that disables some land, say a 10% reduction in output for an hour? Not really the point of this thread though.

@Mr P I'm not sure how much this would affect netting, as others have pointed out, if anything the regular grab should be removed altogether, and just add "land grab" to that list of other things. Or keep the regular attack and add land grab to the options for the others, but have it only give 25% of the land. That would really keep things competitive at the top and stop people running away with top spot.
    sounds like an uprising maybe based on the population
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    pres, is it possible to have all new nations created start off with some money in the bank? I don't wanna have to play 3-4 days to get the tech to try out the new science features.

noticed when lowering readiness i got 9% off two times in a row with GA and than i got 7%(maybe luck?). And with AR attacking readiness i got 5% 1% 9%. Not sure if its supposed to be that much of a random. I always thought it was 3-7.
    nations now start with some science and money. I also made it so current nations had the same amount so you don't have to make new ones.

Sad thing is, not many are testing.. Those who do not test have no room to complain later on

also just so you all know, normally it will take 8hrs to build a nuke or a defense. right now it's set to instant for testing. once you select build, simply refresh the page and you'll see it go from cancel to accept.. After you build a nuke or defense you must first accept it before you can use it..