Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A whole new style of attacking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    ok so i am thinking and doing a little work on this new idea. I have a few questions. What do you plan to do about GB? Right now when you do a Standard Attack it counts the amount of Standard Attacks against you in the last 36hrs.. If we apply the landgrab formula but lower the settings some, what are we going to do about GB? Do we still have it check just attack #1 or have it check all attacks made that were successful?

If it checks all then grabs will be really low.

Do we take out the GB protection in the other land grab attacks and just keep it in attack 1 (SA)?

We need to think this out a little bit more and see what the feedback is. I do like this idea and would like to see it added in. But we have to work around the current GB system.
    what if the other attacks came up as 1/2. so too 'GA' for land will equal 1gb.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    ok so i am thinking and doing a little work on this new idea. I have a few questions. What do you plan to do about GB? Right now when you do a Standard Attack it counts the amount of Standard Attacks against you in the last 36hrs.. If we apply the landgrab formula but lower the settings some, what are we going to do about GB? Do we still have it check just attack #1 or have it check all attacks made that were successful?

If it checks all then grabs will be really low.

Do we take out the GB protection in the other land grab attacks and just keep it in attack 1 (SA)?

We need to think this out a little bit more and see what the feedback is. I do like this idea and would like to see it added in. But we have to work around the current GB system.
    It does need to be factored into the GB formula, otherwise someone will lose all of their land .

Is it possible to make the GB formula % based? If the percentage of land taken is 50%, it would seem logical that it would add 50% of a normal GB counter for a regular attack.

But if you want to retain a netting advantage for INF only states, then you may want to increase the GB counter to 60%, so that they lose less land, but gain more GB protection.

That make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

other than that i thought that the point of this change was to stop ppl from going inf only....

i cant see infantry doing much dmg 2 a bomber