Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: US passes Health care reform Bill

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I was a little surprised by a few numbers like

40+ percent of all medical bill payed for were paid for by medicare and medicade.

40+ percent of all people who have insurance do so througth their employer

only a little over 10% of the american population is with out insurance

so if 40+ percent is paid for by medicare and medicade isnt the gov funding almost half of the medical bills in the country anyway?

Alright, The figure corresponding to 10% of people aren't covered is a little askew. I, personally, don't consider Medicare or MedicAID health insurance. It is a social benefit of the USA. The people have been paying for it all their lives, whether they wanted to or not. Just take a look at your paychecks every week or two.

Also, look at the age range from 18 to say 30. The number of people not insured is astronomical in both numbers and percentage. The future workers of this country are at a great risk for injuries and illness and many don't go to the doctor because they simply can't afford it. If I have to pay $1000/mo. for student loans and I'm in an entry level position, many of which don't have benefits because many companies now are not offering new enrollment in their health insurance plans, I simply cannot afford the extra $250/mo. in insurance costs. If you have a mortgage/rent, you are already adding up $2000/mo. or more in student loans and rent/mortgage alone. God forbid I have to feed myself or put gas in my car. After taxes, almost all of my money is already spoken for. If you are in a service industry, IE being a chef, there are no benefits whatsoever. Ask your employer if they offer health insurance in a non-corporate restaurant and they will laugh at you. What is someone in my position supposed to do? I've worked HARD all my life, much harder than 90% of the population works. Sure, I get job satisfaction but I live like a ****ing pauper for the rest of my life with no hope for retirement. I'd willingly pay an extra $50 per paycheck to get health insurance through the government.

Default BeeNo Ranting(be warned! i got carried away)

well, i'm just glad insurance companies have to actually cover people now.

my mothers insurance company recently informed her that 3 years ago when she tried to change her primary care provider (doctor) she did it during a week that you were not allowed to file for a change. and that they were not going to cover her most recent bill. further more, they didn't want to cover any of her bills at her doctors office for the last 3 years.

i should also mention that she is double fully covered if you know what i mean. she has full coverage threw her job, and full coverage threw her husband's job if needed.

you want to talk about some crap that needs to be fixed, i give you this story. anyways, i told her to take them to court if need be, because if their was an error, why wait 3 years to tell her? and you can't then suddenly charge her for all bills for the last 3 years that they had previously covered. i think they were just trying to take advantage of an older lady, and i'm dead serious. she actually wrote her senator about it, he called her back last week about it.

the main point is this, if your going to make something available for everyone in this country, health care is right at the top of things everyone needs and deserves.

now what is despicable is people who are so riled up and pissed off that they can't debate, they can't listen to the other side at all. yelling and spitting at senators doesn't accomplish anything. you have that much anger towards this but when a big bank gets bailed out by our government and decides to take that bail out money and guess what? another big bonus for execs! nobody decides to wonder by this execs mansion and leave that guy with something that he will never forget. and these same people protesting this health care bill so passionately, still don't care about the **** patriot act! where was the passion then? god forbid we have universal health care in our country, but hell who cares if the government is able to spy on me *cough* excuse me, spy on anyone suspected of being a terrorist without any approval or anyone checking to see how many peoples rights were violated. i'm totally ranting at this point but ****it people are stupid, i felt like i was the only one riled up about it. only 1 freaking senator voted against it. wooo hoooo, go usa, you let your government use a horrible terrorist attack to take away more of your freedoms. when do i get my right to privacy back?!

now i'm in complete agreement about people riding the system need to go out and get a job, but for me i've been in and out of college since high school. last year i was working as a cook, and driving for a company called sober guy at nights. both companies went out of business within 3 months of each other and i'm still waiting for paychecks from both of them.

but i'm back in school now with 1 year left till i graduate. but its a rough time economically around the country.

but dogma made a very good point earlier, current system: you can't refuse an emergency room patient because they don't have health insurance. where does that bill go? to insurance companies, who then raise your rates! basically your paying for it anyway so why not cover everyone and see if we can't treat people before they end up in the emergency room? and hell insurance companies look for every way they can to drop people, and refuse to take anyone with a pre-existing condition.

i mean i can see the argument that you don't like the government saying that you have to buy something or be fined. but for me i don't mind paying my share to help cover everyone in america; neighbors, friends, family. it improves the quality of life in our country, maybe focus your thoughts on that.

next someones going to tell me global warming is a myth, and that our planet doesn't exist at a sweet spot in our galaxy where H2O is a liquid and that at least monitoring what we put into the atmosphere to affect our planet is a wasteful idea! ha!
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

I was a little surprised by a few numbers like

40+ percent of all medical bill payed for were paid for by medicare and medicade.

40+ percent of all people who have insurance do so througth their employer

only a little over 10% of the american population is with out insurance

so if 40+ percent is paid for by medicare and medicade isnt the gov funding almost half of the medical bills in the country anyway?

Dude if you dont have insurance and have to go the the emergency room for something as little as a cough and as much as a catastrophic accident, and you cant pay for it, MY A## has to fork over the bill for you as well as the rest of us that are insured. So yah, maybe you do need to pay a fine or be more responsible as a citizen. Pretty sick of my rates trippling every half a decade.

also if 10+% of people dont have insurance now and are going to get it how do you figure I am going to have to wait in some huge line at the Dr. office? Its not like the patient load is going to increase by 20X. Maybe now, just maybe they wont be using the Emergency room as their primary care physician and I dont have to wait 6-8 hrs if I am really in trouble.

Im not saying its the best bill or the worst, but I agree with the previous statement that 99% of people talking sh## dont even know whats in teh bill and are just listening and worse yet repeating the hype they have been spoon fed.

Also I think that the increase in production in the economy was a big point with less people taking less time off work because they didnt wait until their health problems spun out of control due to not being insured. Crap do you realize how much Facebook and the classic Windows Solitare costs the country's economy each year in lost production and productivity .
    IMO you make some very good and PRACTICAL points here.

there will be no real noticeable increase in lineups.

if you had to wait 10 mins before, maybe now you will have to wait 11 mins.

or if you had to wait 10 weeks for a procedure maybe u will wait 11 now.

In Canada I have never had to wait more than 30 mins to see my doctor as long as I had an appointment, I did wait at the ER for 2 hours once, but if u are actually seriously injured obviously they will see u right away and leave the guy with a broken pinky finger to wait.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I see Dogma you are thrilled about this bill. I have Kaiser Perminente and my wife and I pay about 600 per month for our insurance. What kind of insurance do you have and how much does it cost?
    600 $ a month Holy **** and **** hell wtf

WTF is that? is your heart made of bionic gold

omg...

600 a month... wow!

I pay 0$ a month for excellent health insurance that covers everything.

wtf kind of system are you people running. ****.

Are you prone to terrible accidents, thus your rate is high?

or do all american families pay in that range for good health insurance?

I pray for your sake that this bill will create some competition in the insurance industry and reduce your rates.. I get get over that, that is insane.

Health care is not something people should make a profit on IMO... these insurance companies are playing with peoples lives.

Z

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I already stated this.

I am on Medicare and I do pay a premium for it every month.
    u pay a premium...

but some of the costs are covered by the government?

so why do other people not also deserve to have some government help?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    well, i'm just glad insurance companies have to actually cover people now.

my mothers insurance company recently informed her that 3 years ago when she tried to change her primary care provider (doctor) she did it during a week that you were not allowed to file for a change. and that they were not going to cover her most recent bill. further more, they didn't want to cover any of her bills at her doctors office for the last 3 years.

i should also mention that she is double fully covered if you know what i mean. she has full coverage threw her job, and full coverage threw her husband's job if needed.

you want to talk about some crap that needs to be fixed, i give you this story. anyways, i told her to take them to court if need be, because if their was an error, why wait 3 years to tell her? and you can't then suddenly charge her for all bills for the last 3 years that they had previously covered. i think they were just trying to take advantage of an older lady, and i'm dead serious. she actually wrote her senator about it, he called her back last week about it.

the main point is this, if your going to make something available for everyone in this country, health care is right at the top of things everyone needs and deserves.

now what is despicable is people who are so riled up and pissed off that they can't debate, they can't listen to the other side at all. yelling and spitting at senators doesn't accomplish anything. you have that much anger towards this but when a big bank gets bailed out by our government and decides to take that bail out money and guess what? another big bonus for execs! nobody decides to wonder by this execs mansion and leave that guy with something that he will never forget. and these same people protesting this health care bill so passionately, still don't care about the **** patriot act! where was the passion then? god forbid we have universal health care in our country, but hell who cares if the government is able to spy on me *cough* excuse me, spy on anyone suspected of being a terrorist without any approval or anyone checking to see how many peoples rights were violated. i'm totally ranting at this point but ****it people are stupid, i felt like i was the only one riled up about it. only 1 freaking senator voted against it. wooo hoooo, go usa, you let your government use a horrible terrorist attack to take away more of your freedoms. when do i get my right to privacy back?!

now i'm in complete agreement about people riding the system need to go out and get a job, but for me i've been in and out of college since high school. last year i was working as a cook, and driving for a company called sober guy at nights. both companies went out of business within 3 months of each other and i'm still waiting for paychecks from both of them.

but i'm back in school now with 1 year left till i graduate. but its a rough time economically around the country.

but dogma made a very good point earlier, current system: you can't refuse an emergency room patient because they don't have health insurance. where does that bill go? to insurance companies, who then raise your rates! basically your paying for it anyway so why not cover everyone and see if we can't treat people before they end up in the emergency room? and hell insurance companies look for every way they can to drop people, and refuse to take anyone with a pre-existing condition.

i mean i can see the argument that you don't like the government saying that you have to buy something or be fined. but for me i don't mind paying my share to help cover everyone in america; neighbors, friends, family. it improves the quality of life in our country, maybe focus your thoughts on that.

next someones going to tell me global warming is a myth, and that our planet doesn't exist at a sweet spot in our galaxy where H2O is a liquid and that at least monitoring what we put into the atmosphere to affect our planet is a wasteful idea! ha!
    I loved your rant, it made perfect sense.

I do not even understand how anyone can even argue against universal health care, it seems selfish...

then again individualism is the basis of capitalism, and I am against that... so many I am just blind to that side of things.

Z

I didnt mean to make a stand against Dogma, but... You are talking to the guy who is paying for insurance and ever increasing rates over here.

I didnt mean to make a stand against Dogma, but... You are talking to the guy who is paying for insurance and ever increasing rates over here.
    thats insane, wtf is going on over there?

I understood that U paid for health care but 600 dollars a month? wtf...

30-60$ a month per person seems like a reasonable rate to pay for health insurance.

so say a family of 4 might pay 200 a month at most...

what dod u say 600? thats ridiculas...

I dont even know what to say. wtf.

Z

well -z- there are a few other things you gotta take into account, like what % of your paycheck do you pay to taxes, i'm welling to bet, we pay alot less.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

No matter what Beeno your gonna pay 7.5% to fica EXCLUDING state and federal. Then you employer is also going to match that 7.5%. So as it stands you pay 7.5 and your employer pay 7.5 which is 15% of what you make goes towards SS, Medicare and Medicade. So already 15% of what I make is going to the non working and barely working. Now grant it older retired types did pay SS the whole time but mostly it was like when a 1960 $1 is now equal to a 2010 $20 due to inflation and such.

Yah Z my wife has this great "group rate" with Meals on Wheels were she works and they pay 60% of hers and 40% of mine which means they take (technically) a little more than 500.00 per month out of her check. See the avg age of the employee at Meals on Wheels is over 50 so we are stuck paying "older peoples" premiums.

Now streat value of the same policies are in between 500-600 together anyway so I just let them take it out of her check. We still have to pay Co Pays but not big ones. This DOES NOT include the kids BTW.

BeeNo to answer your question about taxes... A person who has 0 dependants can expect OVER 20% of their pay check to be with held for taxes, and that is at a very low tax bracket. The more you make the more they take. Unless your rich and can hire real good accountants so they can "hide" your money from the gov in various ways.

See they say rich people pay sooooo much, but the fact is that they can afford the top accountants to right off this and that, and invest this here and hide this there etc...