Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fact or Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post
    What I think is, some people are trying hard to grow hate between Muslims and Christians and Jews.
    I wish everyone could just mind their own and get along!

man will truly be free when he breaks from the shackles of religion....

and politics

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post

What I think is, some people are trying hard to grow hate between Muslims and Christians and Jews.
    This is exactly correct.

Just as the Christian bible can be interpreted in different ways, the Holy Quran can also be as well.

If you are a violence Us vs. Them minded individual then you will find words of conflict.

When the Quran speaks of fighting "non-believers" I think that would be people who wage war and take advantage of other people.

I could not see it being christians because christians are "believers".

I have not read the Quran, but I have read the Bible, and there are some just as harsh words in there could be taken as promoting aggressive behavior as well, I can quote them if you ask.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    I wish everyone could just mind their own and get along!
    Thats nice to hear.

If this is how you feel then why do you post links to such sites as the one on your original post?

That link sees to be promoting conflict within your own country by separation of thought.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Thats nice to hear.

If this is how you feel then why do you post links to such sites as the one on your original post?

That link sees to be promoting conflict within your own country by separation of thought.

Z
    Z... I didn't even click on that link, I hardly ever click on links that are attached to my emails. Thats why I posted here to see what the peoples take would be.

Islam is a dire threat to Western Civilisation, especially in Europe. Anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to study history more.

The whole of the middle east was christian until the rise of Islam. Then the muslims invaded and either forcibly converted, killed or drove out most of the christians. The few that remained became "Dhimmi" or second class citizens in the Islamic Caliphate. This was the reason for the Crusades, not some psychotic christians on a killing spree.

Not content with this, they then invaded Spain, conquered most of it and created the Almohad Kingdom of Al-Andalus. An Islamic army then marched into France where it was defeated at the Battle of Tours by Charles Martel, the grandfather of Charlemagne.

After this there was a state of roughly cold war between Christians and Muslims, except in the east where the Byzantine Empire was slowly worn down by both Islam and Catholic countries, until in 1453 the Turks captured Constantinople and left the whole of Europe wide open to conquest. It wasn't until 200 years later at the siege of Vienna that they were truly stopped, though the battle of Lepanto before this put a dent in their plans. Slowly, the Ottoman Empire was rolled back but it didn't collapse fully until WW1. Even as late as that, they were killing christians (Armenian Genocide) which the turkish government denies to this day.

To put it shortly, I do not trust so-called "Moderate Muslims" one inch. They will behave themselves as long as they are in the minority, but should they ever take power in a European state it will be a living hell for christians (and athiests).

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Islam is a dire threat to Western Civilisation, especially in Europe. Anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to study history more.

The whole of the middle east was christian until the rise of Islam. Then the muslims invaded and either forcibly converted, killed or drove out most of the christians. The few that remained became "Dhimmi" or second class citizens in the Islamic Caliphate. This was the reason for the Crusades, not some psychotic christians on a killing spree.

Not content with this, they then invaded Spain, conquered most of it and created the Almohad Kingdom of Al-Andalus. An Islamic army then marched into France where it was defeated at the Battle of Tours by Charles Martel, the grandfather of Charlemagne.

After this there was a state of roughly cold war between Christians and Muslims, except in the east where the Byzantine Empire was slowly worn down by both Islam and Catholic countries, until in 1453 the Turks captured Constantinople and left the whole of Europe wide open to conquest. It wasn't until 200 years later at the siege of Vienna that they were truly stopped, though the battle of Lepanto before this put a dent in their plans. Slowly, the Ottoman Empire was rolled back but it didn't collapse fully until WW1. Even as late as that, they were killing christians (Armenian Genocide) which the turkish government denies to this day.

To put it shortly, I do not trust so-called "Moderate Muslims" one inch. They will behave themselves as long as they are in the minority, but should they ever take power in a European state it will be a living hell for christians (and athiests).

History has its place Will, but today is a new age, every generation brings new thought, and changes circumstances.

You can not use the history of a religion to define the people that practice it today.

Half of my greater family are Catholics, but they are Not witch hunting murdering superstitious people.

I myself am against all organized religion.

Spirituality is a personal thing.

Z

History has its place Will, but today is a new age, every generation brings new thought, and changes circumstances.

You can not use the history of a religion to define the people that practice it today.

Half of my greater family are Catholics, but they are Not witch hunting murdering superstitious people.

Z
    Z, the Puritans, who were the ones doing the witch hunting, were PROTESTANT. They were fundamentally anti-Catholic.

Z
    In the middle east, many think of the crusades not as historical events long past, but something that continues to this day. In the minds of many muslims, they might as well have happened yesterday. Trying to move on from history is all well and good, but it is a two way street and Europe cannot let it's guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by Piker View Post
    Z, the Puritans, who were the ones doing the witch hunting, were PROTESTANT. They were fundamentally anti-Catholic.
    The inquisition did it's share of witch hunting and they were as catholic as it gets