Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: This game's motive? Serious game discussion on the theory of why we are were we are in this stage of NW life.

Default This game's motive? Serious game discussion on the theory of why we are were we are in this stage of NW life.

Today, a newbie player told me that he got bored because of the 'lack of motivation' in the game.

I think, many newbies (we dont have 'many' anyway) also feel the same thing. Since we are in communication via the game forums; we know the background of every war and retal and the netting race for top places.

However, for newbies; especially if they're in a netting nation, there becomes no purpose. They can't hit the top 50 and they have no idea on whats going around.

When I first played wow, I also did not take a look to the forums; however there were a very active inside messaging traffic in USSR. Players such as Maggio and MadCat (anyone remembers him?) were telling how to play; Novii and Fanoe were trying to get USSR into the top 10; we were trying to find some allies and if I am not mistaken, we were at war with the LoR's earlier version (IM??).

So, the nation itself had a community and it helped many newbies of that age easily get into the game (Jag, Missionary, Kracked, Interstate, Ero, Mag, RussianSpy and others I do not remember now). All stayed for years and some are still playing.

So, we need to figure out a reason for the newbies, so they'd like to stay. Because they do not know the trouble over Max Logan, Sky-LoR, tnova's multies , WLF's unholy strikes etc etc They are just playing a new game for them within a community that they have no idea about.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

we have that community in ABT, dunno about other nations
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post
    Today, a newbie player told me that he got bored because of the 'lack of motivation' in the game.

I think, many newbies (we dont have 'many' anyway) also feel the same thing. Since we are in communication via the game forums; we know the background of every war and retal and the netting race for top places.

However, for newbies; especially if they're in a netting nation, there becomes no purpose. They can't hit the top 50 and they have no idea on whats going around.

When I first played wow, I also did not take a look to the forums; however there were a very active inside messaging traffic in USSR. Players such as Maggio and MadCat (anyone remembers him?) were telling how to play; Novii and Fanoe were trying to get USSR into the top 10; we were trying to find some allies and if I am not mistaken, we were at war with the LoR's earlier version (IM??).

So, the nation itself had a community and it helped many newbies of that age easily get into the game (Jag, Missionary, Kracked, Interstate, Ero, Mag, RussianSpy and others I do not remember now). All stayed for years and some are still playing.

So, we need to figure out a reason for the newbies, so they'd like to stay. Because they do not know the trouble over Max Logan, Sky-LoR, tnova's multies , WLF's unholy strikes etc etc They are just playing a new game for them within a community that they have no idea about.
    What does he mean by lack of motivation? Nobody talked to him? nobody helped him learn? Wasn't enough action for him like wars and stuff? You didn't really get into explaining what he meant.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Argh, right. Sorry my English..

I mean, he said that the game is aimless/purposeless.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):

nw:

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Well we can't make everyone understand the game. Some people just won't get it. They will log in, think it's too slow paced for them and then blow it off.

Perhaps what we can do is, set up a Mission page where it explains the game and what the whole purpose is, along with some of the challenges they can expect to face along the way.

Also, I was thinking, what if we gave more turns out in the start and then changed the time of when you gain a turn. We would have to balance it out so we receive the same amount of turns as we do now, but just give more to start with. Then instead of getting a turn every 10 min, you get on every 20 instead.. or 15 or whatever it balances out to be compared to the amount handed out at first..

Also, I still think some sort of an advisory page is a good idea. One that will kind of point them in the direction they need to go. Kinda like Earth use to have..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Well we can't make everyone understand the game. Some people just won't get it. They will log in, think it's too slow paced for them and then blow it off.

Perhaps what we can do is, set up a Mission page where it explains the game and what the whole purpose is, along with some of the challenges they can expect to face along the way.

Also, I was thinking, what if we gave more turns out in the start and then changed the time of when you gain a turn. We would have to balance it out so we receive the same amount of turns as we do now, but just give more to start with. Then instead of getting a turn every 10 min, you get on every 20 instead.. or 15 or whatever it balances out to be compared to the amount handed out at first..

Also, I still think some sort of an advisory page is a good idea. One that will kind of point them in the direction they need to go. Kinda like Earth use to have..
    1 turn every 20 min? hot **** shoot me now! I'm just teasing the idea is fine it's just in the middle of war it'd take a week to regain turns after one strike.
    Last edited by ooga booga; 03-25-2010 at 22:33.

Restarts could get back in the action quicker though
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Nah~ we don't need reforms for the veterans (let the restarts stay as losers )

But for newbies; they need to have some fun as well. I dunno how but we should be quick to get them into their nation's community and share the purposes of that nation.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):

nw:

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

When I see NW now compared to WOW the forums are seperate from the game.

You can play the game without even visiting the forums.

When I started playing there were more players which is a reason itself.

It was almost impossible to do FA etc solely through MSN (unless you had time enough).

When there was a war....everybody had a opinion, and a warthread was at least 20 pages long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    When I see NW now compared to WOW the forums are seperate from the game.

You can play the game without even visiting the forums.

When I started playing there were more players which is a reason itself.

It was almost impossible to do FA etc solely through MSN (unless you had time enough).

When there was a war....everybody had a opinion, and a warthread was at least 20 pages long.
    I agree about the forums. I'm not sure what is the exact reason for this though. I don't know if it's people are meaner to other members on here now or if people have thin skin...