Today, a newbie player told me that he got bored because of the 'lack of motivation' in the game.

I think, many newbies (we dont have 'many' anyway) also feel the same thing. Since we are in communication via the game forums; we know the background of every war and retal and the netting race for top places.

However, for newbies; especially if they're in a netting nation, there becomes no purpose. They can't hit the top 50 and they have no idea on whats going around.

When I first played wow, I also did not take a look to the forums; however there were a very active inside messaging traffic in USSR. Players such as Maggio and MadCat (anyone remembers him?) were telling how to play; Novii and Fanoe were trying to get USSR into the top 10; we were trying to find some allies and if I am not mistaken, we were at war with the LoR's earlier version (IM??).

So, the nation itself had a community and it helped many newbies of that age easily get into the game (Jag, Missionary, Kracked, Interstate, Ero, Mag, RussianSpy and others I do not remember now). All stayed for years and some are still playing.

So, we need to figure out a reason for the newbies, so they'd like to stay. Because they do not know the trouble over Max Logan, Sky-LoR, tnova's multies , WLF's unholy strikes etc etc They are just playing a new game for them within a community that they have no idea about.