Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: This game's motive? Serious game discussion on the theory of why we are were we are in this stage of NW life.

Jeez what a long thread...

Ok, I'm chipping in. I think if the standard was expanding, this would be an extremely boring game. We'd still have the problem of new people not understanding it--as not all new people start the game just expanding and building. And what would a "netting" nation look like? It would be a bunch of guys/girls expanding and building for 30 days...unless they were an "aggressive" netting nation, and then we would still have the same arguments on the forums .

I think a game mechanics change would be refreshing. I know Mr. P was working on attack formulas making it so people could do landgrabs using the different units. Maybe that would help--but wouldn't be too good for new people. However, if we change the game mechanics too much--then we're changing the entire game, and that's a lot of work for Mr. P.

Perhaps getting rid of nations would help--instead, have states that could gain a set number of military alliances, where people share a small % of their army in defense of the other, and a small % when another person attacks. It would be tough for new people to get in, but might be worthwhile in the long run once they figure the game out.

Is there a way to get Nation-wars playable on facebook? Perhaps it might be cheaper to run an app on facebook than to run a server here.

I think the one thing to be understood is that Nation-wars, and formerly WoW, is a team based game. You get rid of that aspect, and we're venturing into completely different territory of game. I'd be game for it--but that's just me. Most games nowadays, if they are team based, generally limit the team sizes to 3 or 4. Anything more than that, and you're completely missing most of the younger generation due to FPS games.

/rambling off
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Yep yep and I think we should remove the term "attack" from SA.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    1 turn every 20 min? hot **** shoot me now! I'm just teasing the idea is fine it's just in the middle of war it'd take a week to regain turns after one strike.
    we had that in earth everyday for decades! Stop complaining! haha