Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Calculator

Default Calculator

I think that I have implemented the current land grab formula. If it is off, please provide your land before the attack, target land before the attack, target SAs against, and land gained.

This application requires you to have .NET 2.0 or higher installed.

There are several improvements over my original version.

General
    • Slightly less screen space is required for most tabs.
    • The calculator can now be made semi-transparent, so you can overlay it on the NW game.
    • The Land Grab tab is no longer required to be visible.
    • Reminder: You can, and have always been able to, select your entire Overview page (Ctrl+A), put it in the clipboard (Ctrl+C), and the calculator will parse it, filling in all the fields.
    • Fields will now select all text on focus (either through tabbing or mouse click).
    • If you enter a value that would crash the program, it will be replaced with the largest accepted value (this value will be ~2.1 billion). On the Management tab, you are limited to 13 characters (9 trillion dollars).

Battle Simulator
    • Attack success is no longer a green or red circle, but the attacks which will succeed or fail are listed at the bottom in their common acronyms in green or red.
    • Spy ops are also listed here, but is currently inactive, as I've not put any time into trying to get the random factor for it (just remember it being really huge).
    • As you can now enter spies, the calculator will now properly determine if you have GB protection or not; in addition, your opponents GB protection will also be determined by the calculator (though this does not currently translate into a modified Land Grab prediction). As before, Military Strength is still listed as your attack strength in SAs, and the defender's defense strength to SAs.
    • War mode check box has been removed, as this information is displayed at all times.

Casher Build
    • This tab will now tell you how many of each building to build (as opposed to just the correct number). It does not currently optimize for your BPT, as such you may waste at most one turn each time you balance your buildings.

To Do
    • Confirm that my interpretation of the land grab formula is correct. If it's off, I will also need test data (to confirm that it is correct after trying to fix it), so please send me the pre-attack values for both yours and your target's land, as well as attacks against them. If your state is in hiding, just send it a few days later. I do not need yours or your target's state number (unless you can't count, in which case I need target's to verify number of hits).

I am hosting my calculator at: http://nw.mattsflat.ca/NWCalculator.exe

2008-07-02
    Land Grab should now correctly handle the attacker having significantly less land than the defender
    Corrected military strength coefficients.
    Last edited by The Legend; 07-02-2008 at 19:18.
    The Legend of Glorious Province
    Download the Nation Wars Calculator, last updated 2008-07-02 18:14 EST. See forum post for more details.

rep for this Legend, thanks

umm why do i get a failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135) error?

Quote Originally Posted by k959 View Post
    umm why do i get a failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135) error?
    Do you have .NET 2.0 or higher installed?
    Download the Nation Wars Calculator, last updated 2008-07-02 18:14 EST. See forum post for more details.

pritty sure because when i go to update my windows i dont have any updates available besides my wmp 11 that i dont want

im going to download it and reinstall it if i dont to see it that fixs it

edit:
    it works now strange thing is i had.net 3.5 installed and it didnt run but i install 2.0 and it runs

just a side note u cant go over 1 billion in any troops in the calc or it crashes
    Last edited by k959; 05-31-2008 at 04:25.

Quote Originally Posted by k959 View Post
    just a side note u cant go over 1 billion in any troops in the calc or it crashes
    2,147,483,647 is actually the maximum (32-bit integer), which applies to everything except economics, which allow for larger values (9,223,372,036,854,775,807 maximum in a 64-bit integer); which should far exceed what any state can produce with the current game settings.
    Note that military strength, and the various other variables that are created in the Battle Simulator are allocated a 64-bit integer as well.

My next priority is the land grab formula. I will get to user input validation at some point (feels so much like bringing my work home ).
    Last edited by The Legend; 05-31-2008 at 05:10.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Thanks for taking the time to do this Legend

The Legend....you really are a credit to this game. Not only are u still on form (I was watching your state last set and it was one which impressed me prob the most along with Neeme's restart) but your making stuff like this still

looks v.good.

i downloaded it and it works so i guess i have Net 2.0 installed?
    can't wait for the LG formula to be tweaked...maybe ill stop embarrassing DaK with my 94 land SAs .
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 05-31-2008 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I haven't looked at this Calc yet, but i did notice something from your older one.

For indy production, anything over ~33000 buildings would give me invalid troop production per turn. Was this a planned restriction?

Apart from that, the work put into it is remarkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

I was probably just using too small a data type somewhere.

As a side note, I didn't port the indy calculator over to the new version, as I'd never really used it. Is that something that I should be adding (did others use it)?