Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Theme update!

Default New Theme update!

As most of you know, i have been trying to make it so all our themes were framed. (like old b&Y and current desert theme is)

It has given me a lot of problems, but today i happen to figure it all out. it was quite easy actually, but i kept over looking a certain file.

Anyway, very soon all our themes will be framed. Personally i think it looks better and they are a lot easier to make. (less coding)

I will be making new themes for the next few days and then i will load them up. I finished one this evening called Army theme, but it's nothing like the current army theme. These are actual army colors. I really like it!

But i will also make a black and white one and some others with different colors.

If any of you have suggestions on colors for themes, feel free to send me a PM with them.

But you must include this information:

bg color- (main background color)
    link colors
    letter colors- (all the wording in the game)
    form color- (background to things like when making a msg or the bg of buttons.)
    events- (2 different colors you see when looking at global events screen)

failure to supply this info will only get your PM deleted.

you must really think this out. make a plan and then if you think it will be good send me a PM with all the info. If you are really good, then send me a small screenshot of what you made. not everyone has these programs, so if not, just let me know the colors you think will be good for each.

I will load them up and look at them. If i like them and use them, you will receive a 2 month free premium acct. Plus credit for them on here.

In conclusion, when it comes time to load all these up and change everything over to frames, i will need all states on both servers to change to the desert theme. (if not i will manually transfer it, but it would save me a lot of time if you did it yourself). When the time comes, i will post a message in here and also send out a ingame message to everyone reminding you. (also for those who don't come on here)

If you don't change before i make the changes and you are using one of the non framed themes (any theme other then desert) it will mess you up and look really really bad.

Depending on time, if it's later in the set before i'm all done with this, then i will wait till next set and do it between rounds. But i would rather not wait so it all depends on how fast i get things done.

thanks

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

also, one thing to add.. i am going to try and keep 1 maybe 2 NON frames themes. I know some of you like the non framed better. So i will try to make that happen.

pcgluva Guest

let me know if u need graphics

Would it be possible to develop some sort of custom skin maker?

there are lots of skin makers out there for downloading. What are your thoughts for using this? To make skins to send in to me, or are you thinking making it so all members can use it and make there own skin for there game.
    If that is the case, no we can't do that cause everything has to be uploaded.

but fill me in more on why you are asking.

I played a game that had a site you could download custom skins from.

It was set up so you had to post a link to the skin in your preferences. There were also programs that allowed people to design there own and then put their design on websites that saved files. (Sorta like hosting signature graphics.)

That game had been around a while so there was lots of skins floating around and many different graphics available for the units.

The negative side was some skins worked better than others and sometimes changes to the game made a skin stop working.

My suggestion would be to have an official list of approved skins for use. This would ensure they were tested and worked as well as being virus free.

ok the new themes are up.

There is still a little work to be done on them. banners will be upgraded, but i needed to have them up so sean could match colors.

Please let me know what you think. All themes are now framed and much easier to make, so we can change out the bad ones and make new ones from time to time.

Not everyone is going to like all of them. I kinda tried to make a different selection so at least you all could find one you liked.

also, let me add... not one person sent in a suggestion on colors for the theme. So i had to come up with them myself. So nobody can complain! if you don't like them, make a suggestion.

I was gonna suggest a pink Hello Kitty theme...

Mr. P,

I liked the old Army Theme better. The one that is there now is a little tough on the eyes. I prefer a scheme with not as much contrast.

Also, On the High Speed Blue theme, It appears to be a photo of someone attacking a tank with a bayonet?

BTW, Can you make a Theme that would fit my Palm Pilot screen and has no graphics?

Like a mini version?