Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Alot of you need to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    i think i am in a state past lazy
    i was lazy 5 years ago
    excuses!

and yeah, the first week and a little into next you have to be inf heavy to run away. and if you get suicided on, well, your chance die away, as a stocking indy can jump to top and stay there

if he doesn`t get suicided on, you can just hope another stocker make past him!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    I am not an advocate of suicide. I've said that you can not stop a suicider. You can not have enough troops in any category to stop someone who wants to waste your time.

But that being said, having 0 is inviting it. It's like you said, prep a little. not just against a suicide but what if a nation declares. Are people so sure no one has the balls to declare on them that they need nothing but infantry.

If any nation is that confident in the letters of thier tag then something is wrong.
    Dak+WLF+Lor

That explains anything?
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

umm actually waser ran with 0 inf as they sucked back then

james ran with mostly troops till he got up high enough
    as did the bgers

tnova i have never played with that closely to know his strat

but yeah will if you go the ratio you provided you not only won't be defended from suiciders you won't be top ten. although i guess you won't have to worry as no one would want to suicide on the ****ty state you made

face it if you want to win this game these days you either get lucky (and someone else gets hit before you) or you know the people that are going to suicide.

to will and rass i don't understand what really bothers you so much about someone going infantry heavy
    hell your strats would require you to go jet or ship heavy but you don't see people running around complaining about that do you?
    sure you can't stop a suicider with my ratio but if you were going to suicide someone would you go for the state with 80-90% inf or one which was well balanced? You can still break them but it's not as easy. I'm guessing the ratio was closer to 50% ships 30% inf 20% jets/agm

I know I'm no expert at netting but I can't remember a single state back in the day leaving themselves this wide open. Even the states that went inf heavy most of the set would still have had respectable AR/AA def.

to will and rass i don't understand what really bothers you so much about someone going infantry heavy
    hell your strats would require you to go jet or ship heavy but you don't see people running around complaining about that do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post

I'm gonna give you my honest feeling so you can see my beef.
    As mad as I get when my set is ruined (WHILE IM RUNNING A BALANCED STRAT) by a suicider, I get just as mad when I'm running a balanced strat (which i always do) and I'm opping grabs and constantly seeing nothing but infantry.

Why do I get so mad. Because when I see that, your basically telling me look Rass, I've made it so that unless you make yourself breakable by any noob in the game you can't grab me. The only way you can grab me without being breakable by any noob in the game is if you exploit my arrogant style of game play and attack me with ships to lower my readiness and grab me. And I'm so confident that niether you or anyone else has the balls to exploit that weakness I'm taking my chances with only infantry.

So thats what goes through my head every time I see it. And to me it sounds like a challenge.

Its like your saying, yeah, im in the top 20. And I'm helpless. You gonna do something about it or look at my tag name, get scared and try to find a grab that isn't infantry hording.

And quite frankly after looking at it for a week. I don't care what the tag name is, I'm gonna do something about. Problem is, I have to wait until next set to do it.
    I'm not jet or ship heavy calvin. You don't need to be jet or ship heavy. I'm balanced. Balanced to the point where you aren't breaking me in AA or AR unless its your goal or your a top state who just has more of everything than me. You aren't going to randomly op me and say look I can AA or AR him with 1 jet or ship and not lose readiness. If you want to AA or AR me and not lose readiness you need 6 digits not 1.

Can I be suicided on? Yes, every day of every set. Do I atleast make an attempt to make it hard for them to do it. Yes.

Bottom line is this. Suiciders suck. Everytime I've been suicided on I've had a balanced state. And I *****ed up a storm. But if you have nothing but infantry, you made no attempt to dissuade them to pick someone else. You basically asked for it, and you'll get no pity from me.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Calvin74 Guest

i guess we just disagree on certain things then rass
    i think you should never be left open but i also think a balanced state might have no more then 15% agms/jets

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    excuses!

and yeah, the first week and a little into next you have to be inf heavy to run away. and if you get suicided on, well, your chance die away, as a stocking indy can jump to top and stay there

if he doesn`t get suicided on, you can just hope another stocker make past him!
    I keep hearing that, yet I only see one state "running away" and he had more ships days ago then 99% of any state currently trying to "run away">

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Dak+WLF+Lor

That explains anything?
    We'll see, but I will say this, that statement makes me even happier that the estonians were allowed in........

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Calvin74 Guest

rass he can do that since he has already won the set
    if you go so ship heavy at the start then you can't hold onto your land since you just have inflated nw

also to support going as ship heavy as that guy is you have to have a ton of land to support your upkeep

i guess we just disagree on certain things then rass
    i think you should never be left open but i also think a balanced state might have no more then 15% agms/jets

15% is a hell of a lot more than 0

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Calvin74 Guest

true but not as much as someone crazy people would like *stares at will*

rass he can do that since he has already won the set
    if you go so ship heavy at the start then you can't hold onto your land since you just have inflated nw

also to support going as ship heavy as that guy is you have to have a ton of land to support your upkeep

Im not talking about 30% ships from turn 200 onward. I'm just saying I'm sick of seeing no balance.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM