Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Alot of you need to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    true but not as much as someone crazy people would like *stares at will*
    Bah when I net I usually stock anyway

Let me inject my 2 cents it aint worth much since im a noob and all but again personally i happen to agree rass and will. lets see where to begin.

this = my first set and infatry ****** can lick my *** im in the top 100 and this is my first set now me having the tutor i have understand the only way to be in top 10 is to infantry ***** that to me = GAY and makes me wanna go ape **** and AA AR or whatever it is that needs to be done to knock there d*** in the dirt. Im so sick of seeing myself lose 3-4 different units and my opposition losing just rines which = marines for short.

now if it wasnt for the few ppl i play with me being a newb and all im pretty sure i would have left this game allready.So for you to say new ppl would leave to being hit cause they are hit for infantry *****ing the same can be said for those of us that dont.

Ok picture this scenario.

There is not huge alliance so the estonians can have a fair shake. Its a normal set.

(*note nations are for scenario example only, i have no beef with a particular tag. I have used dak alot in my examples and I am not trying to pick on them. Just that they are active on teh forums, respond to me and therefore further my use of them as examples.)

So, Dak comes out infantry heavy in the first few days to get "the edge" so anyone who is concerned with defending on all fronts can't grab them.

So then there is kiht. They start using up thier turns and notice that dak is infantry heavy in an attemp to get an SA edge. Kiht now has two choices, modify thier balance and go infantry heavy or dont.

If they go infantry heavy it would be so that they can grab dak states an not have dak run away,

then usa uses their turns, etc etc, etc.

Before you know it. Everyone is running a weak unprotected state and if you want to grab you have to be just as weak. That is the current situation in the game.

Now for the alternative.

Dak comes out and uses their turns, again going all infantry. Kiht starts using thier turns and instead of following suit by being helpless in every category except infantry they run balanced states, attack dak and make them pay for their arrogance. Then they make it clear that is the reason they attacked. Do you think USA would start using thier turns and go infantry heavy. If they did and started jumping over kiht and kiht noticed and hit them as well, would the next nation do it.

Granted dak & usa might then team u and kill kiht but alot of arrogant infantry only states just lost thier chance at a top spot.

How many sets of scenario B do you think it would take before it more closely resembled the game when I signed up years ago. Where even nations who were netting and declared they were netting and formed 37 nation alliances still took the time to have some sort of defense just in case.

How many sets of scenario B would it take before the "gotta go infantry heavy to get the edge" talk would disappear adn be replaced by, "make sure your defended on all fronts cause you never know" talk...................

I prefer scenario B. You wanna net great but don't be arrogant about it. Still respect the fact that you can be attacked. And therefore dissuade an attack instead of inviting it.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    Let me inject my 2 cents it aint worth much since im a noob and all but again personally i happen to agree rass and will. lets see where to begin.

this = my first set and infatry ****** can lick my *** im in the top 100 and this is my first set now me having the tutor i have understand the only way to be in top 10 is to infantry ***** that to me = GAY and makes me wanna go ape **** and AA AR or whatever it is that needs to be done to knock there d*** in the dirt. Im so sick of seeing myself lose 3-4 different units and my opposition losing just rines which = marines for short.

now if it wasnt for the few ppl i play with me being a newb and all im pretty sure i would have left this game allready.So for you to say new ppl would leave to being hit cause they are hit for infantry *****ing the same can be said for those of us that dont.
    there are more than just myself who are willing to attempt to dissuade this gayness next set. If your learning to net this set, next set you can learn to war. Send me a PM
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

what you missed is unkeep. at the start going ships is suicide. your 5-7k land can`t possible support that
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

I agree with Rass,

It would require more skill and in my opinion a more fun (closer) set if people were running more balanced states. Although it would annoy the 'netters'

I am running a balanced state and can't seem to get close to the top ten. I keep getting into top 20 then get grabbed by the bigger states and lose 4 different types of units then they all pull away from me again.

For that I am in with Idea.
    Old Nations: [AF]x4 [E]x3 [Royals]x3 [BA3] [WLF]x4 [TNG] [TNWF] [LOL] [EE] [HORDE] [DAK] [HAJ] [BH]x2 [EURO][TNR][PAIN][CB][US][UB]x2[SKY]

You have killed Bringing Nation War back(#267)

You destroyed a total of 7 land.
    You lost 41 Jets.
    Your Nation lost 21 Jets.
    Your enemy lost 1.416 Jets.

now go away Rass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Well, I guess now we will get a good demonstration as to how bad a state with all inf up top can be crippled. I just believe that you didn't make Rass go away, if anything you probably made him even more determined to show you exactly what he was talking about.

Mucho Dinero was upgrading AGM when he was hit. had lvl6s....

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Rassputtin I see your point of view.. But it's pointless to argue about it because there is no 100% "right" or "wrong" strategy how and when to upgrade other units other than infantry.
    When you have made a good start and you are jumping for TOP1 place then it's obvious that you can't upgrade ships right away because it'll take 1.4bil money.. with 21 tax and price 250 it'll be about 7mil inf. So you got to keep producing inf and about 50-100k lvl 1 ships, which you will later sell. That period of time when you are almost defenseless is the riskiest time. People who are trying to jump high at start and don't take that risk will probably burn and get grabbed loads by others. One more reason why people keep producing or buying inf later is that infantry has really low expenses. Infantry itself isn't strong... in fact it's pretty weak. When you produce lvl 8 50% inf and 50% ships then ships will give you more military strength.. Infantry just makes you strong for your networth. So when you are an indy who is netting and trying to jump TOP10 in the first week, and stay there, then you need to produce loads of infantry because upgrading ships required lots of money which will lower your military strength. The longer you produce infantry that your NA supports, the longer you will secured against SA-s. But the longer you keep yourself defenseless against other types of attacks the longer you will be an easy target for others to kill. And not just suiciders.. a war could start from even the smallest conflicts. So there is an important choice you need to make before producing or buying army.
    For a normal netter who is in a peaceful netting nation I suggest upgrading ships and agms/jets when the nation tax drops or prices in PM goes up. If someone knows that they are in risk of being warred then it's logical that they need to balance their defense right away. Top1 states have the evil side of grabbing other players who can't grab them back, which is kinda unfair so it will probably piss people off... so a good defense is needed as soon as they have secured them from other player SA-s.
    Long story short: inf whoring can make you stronger against SA-s in TOP in first week of set but makes you defenseless against suiciders and wars so you need to be aware of the risk and not be surprised when you get attacked. You just need to choose between better state (lower expenses and more military strength because you don't waste money on upgrading when you could use the money on turns or just not sell)+ the risk of being killed, or just playing safe and upgrading before jumping to TOP.
    If there was a group of players killing the inf *****s then there probably would be some who would get away with it and have an advantage against others... they would have the chance to get strong fast and get good AA and AR defense ASAP. There has always been the risk of being suicided when you have only inf so everyone should be in full aware of it when they choose to only produce it.