View Poll Results: How do you like the new drug law

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's perfect. Me and my children are now safer in the forum area and the internet as a whole.

2 11.76%
  • Yes, but it should be rewritten to clarify the stipulations

2 11.76%
  • is this guy high or something?

4 23.53%
  • Yes, take the rule away. We're better off just ignoring those users.

9 52.94%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The anti-drug Forum of the Week goes to....

I totally haven't been keeping up with things since I have no idea what this thread is about. Fill me in someone
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I totally haven't been keeping up with things since I have no idea what this thread is about. Fill me in someone
    -Z- ate some acid then began tripping out for like...12 or more hours and
    was telling everyone on forums (made a thread) and on MSN about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I don't see the problem behind it, I believe this is the first time that it happend. so i voted the fourth option

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

I have received many complaints over the past month about the increased conversations of drug use. Not everyone wants to log on everyday and see a new thread about someone being high, or a post about how drunk they are bla bla bla. Kids and everyone in here are exposed to this kind of crap everywhere. Why is it such a big deal to have one place where you can go and not have to see it?

When it was an occasional comment here and there i didn't really mind to much. But my gosh, every time i log on the forums i read how drunk someone is or how high someone is. Is there nothing else in your life that you can talk about? I mean should it really be front page news that your drunk or stoned? To me that is a personal discussion that should be held in private.

Drugs are a part of life. Always have been always will be. Myself, i have never found any interest in doing them. I'm not saying your wrong for doing them, do as you wish. I'm simply saying i and many other people on the forums no longer care to read about you doing them.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm simply trying to calm the drug threads down some. My name is tied to this game and these forums, and i don't want it to look like i approve these kinds of things when i clearly don't. Nobody wants to ban anyone. Nobody is going to get banned for making a comment here and there about drugs. Just chill out some on them is all i'm asking.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Ok, here is my view on this subject and then i am finished with it. When the rule is handed down that is how I will mod.

I have lost 2 friends to overdoses since May. I am a parent and I would not want my kids, however old they may be to see the threads where ppl in here are talking about how wonderful it is to do a certain drugor substance. If any of you have ever had to bury a lifelong friend that did this to themselves, you would seemy point.

I consider most ppl in these forums to be friends of mine and I am not looking forward to the day when we get a post saying so and so dies due to having been on drugs and did something stupid or died in their chair from doind too much of a certain substance.

I have been pall bearer in 2 funerals in the last 1.5 months and I refuse to bear that guilt again, because I didn't do or say anything when I had the chance. I know that many of you have had convos with me in the past about my having done the same thing, but I have never made them public nor will I ever. and being the age that I am, I have a different point of view than the rest of you.

But know this, if anyone here dies from it, you will see what I am talking about. It is not a pleasant thought to know that you could have at least siad something and now it is too late.

There, I have said my point and I will now no longer read this thread.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

On a more lawyerly basis: Assumin the forums are hosted on a US based server, the forums are subject to US law and Mr. P is liable for them.
    I do not know how far the first amendment or whatever streches, but I'm quite certain that exposing under-aged to positive comments, or even advertising, illegal substances (illegal i nthe US and not illagal in the country you live in) is just as illegal as doing the same with adult material.

So on the chance that for example some kid here gets caught doing drugs by his parents and they find this site on his pc.. they see threads where people rave on how cool it is to be high, they can sue Mr. Ps arse off.

Now sure how it is with alcohol tho. I gues its likely to be ok to talk about that, but thers chances its not.

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Don't ever eat Acid.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    On a more lawyerly basis: Assumin the forums are hosted on a US based server, the forums are subject to US law and Mr. P is liable for them.
    I do not know how far the first amendment or whatever streches, but I'm quite certain that exposing under-aged to positive comments, or even advertising, illegal substances (illegal i nthe US and not illagal in the country you live in) is just as illegal as doing the same with adult material.

So on the chance that for example some kid here gets caught doing drugs by his parents and they find this site on his pc.. they see threads where people rave on how cool it is to be high, they can sue Mr. Ps arse off.

Now sure how it is with alcohol tho. I gues its likely to be ok to talk about that, but thers chances its not.

I wonder how many of you Use P2P technology to download and upload media...

Legality is not the issue I think. Morality perhaps.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post

Z
    It is harder to trace where someone is downloading what than to sue a single guy owning a website. Especialy if its pissed off parents.

And mind you, i played a forum based game and a feater was that you could roleplay terrorist organisations. The host threatened to close it down if we did not remove that feature as they feared the wrath of the US government.
    And that site had an active community a fraction of the size of NW

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post

Z
    How the hell can you compare the two?

Have you ever buried a friend who died from downloading the latest Kid Rock song? Have you ever seen the devastating effects it has on a parent to lose their child to Downloading? Come on,. quit trying to justify it, there is no justification. You can compare apples to oranges all day long and you will still not get the point. Tell ya what, live thru it, I want to see your reaction when you have to go thru what I have. Don't look for any sympathy from me.

This is the mentality that ... nevermind. It is useless to try and reason.
    Last edited by Dogma; 07-28-2008 at 16:29.