View Poll Results: How do you like the new drug law

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's perfect. Me and my children are now safer in the forum area and the internet as a whole.

2 11.76%
  • Yes, but it should be rewritten to clarify the stipulations

2 11.76%
  • is this guy high or something?

4 23.53%
  • Yes, take the rule away. We're better off just ignoring those users.

9 52.94%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The anti-drug Forum of the Week goes to....

well, Dogma, I am sorry I upset you, however, I will not apologize for having the opinion i have. that is the point of an open forum..to discuss these things.
    Last edited by ranger2112; 07-29-2008 at 14:59. Reason: spelling and such
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    i fully agree with what u say about children safe. I AM ALL FOR THAT!!!

but it is impossible to do that, i am afraid. glorification of drugs? how about glorification of death and dismemberment talked about EVERYDAY on these forums...is someone, say Chris, gonna start maiming people and hijacking a jet to bomb someone? either we agree that people, including kids, will do what they want regardless of what is said then point is made. THIS VERY GAME glorifies killing...yes its text based, however it still does that...almost every video game glorifies killing and you are the best when u have killed the most....so saying glorifying drugs here will cause kids to turn to them is simply not the way it is.....
    The argument of killing vs. drug use is a bit sketchy in my opinion. Killing is a moral wrong, while drug use makes you feel good. I think there's a big difference between giving someone's kid a joint, and shooting him in the face. Yes, yes, drugs kill people too, we know this. And I don't agree that excessive talk of beating someone senseless with a baseball bat while stabbing them in the eye with an icepick while simultaneously digging out pieces of their flesh with a rusty screwdriver is necessarily any more appropriate than rolling a nice, fat, sticky joint, kicking back, and listening to some Floyd while allowing the world to melt around you. My point? I think there's room for both drug talk, and violence, as long as neither gets too descriptive, and I think this is the point Mr. P is trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    well, I hhave worked with at risk kids for over 10 years, and I have yet to see one instance ONE INSTANCE where when drugs or alcohol got invilved that there was a good outcome. I don't give two good goddams if an adult wants to fry their brains to the point they spend the rest of their lives drooling, I really don't. My whole point is kids and dammit if everyone wants to turn this into some sort of arguement for civil rights and civil liberties. That is complete bull****. When dealing with KIDS, you do not have the same liberties that you have when dealing with adults. You have the right to have sex with any adult you want, do you have that right with someone underage?? if you think your rights give you that, go try it. Tell me how that turns out. This whole **** arguement is about exposing KIDs to the glorification of drug use. Dammit people, thisa was not intenged for anyone to use as a platform for any other bull**** social commentary. If you want to raise your own social issues start a thread on it, don't jump my awss for doing what I feel is right, and I don't give a **** who says what my opinions herre willnot change. I am an advocate for trying to help kids and all that that entails, so, do what the **** you want, I don't give a ****, I can look myself in the mirror and kow I am standing by what I believe.
    Dogma if there are "kids" on here reading this, not my problem. IT IS THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR CHILDREN UNTIL THE AGE OF 18!!! If there are underage kids playing this game ( and i know there are.) Then they obviously have permission from their parents OR their parents don't know/ don't care. Once it reaches that point, i can talk about how high and drunk i am all i want. If they read it, sucks to be them if they try drugs. I have had friends od on drugs, i know what its like. Don't think your the only one with a sob story dogma, and i know you will stand by your beliefs, but so will i. Marijuana is a good drug, and the only one i will ever do again. I tried other stuff, harder stuff. It was not worth it, and i agree, kids should not do it, nor hear about it. If they do tho, its not my problem.
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Guy77 View Post
    my state name has been BaKeD for the past 2-3 sets, is that going to be modded just because we are now enforcing the rule more?
    forums and ingame are completly differnt, having one word in your state name is alot differnt from a thread of people saying im stoned n crap. plus i think there are alot worse state names atm than 'baked'

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    I never heared about anyone ODing on weed tho. Some scientists actually say its safer than alcohol.

But I still can'T see why there is actually a discussion on this.
    thats because they are stupid, the toxins within 1 cigarette/joint is massive and doesnt even compare to the amount of toxins in alcohol.