Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

i was directed to this site by one of my online friends.... from utopia ..
    well my position rite now is
    Last edited by lova; 08-30-2008 at 04:36.

Hi and welcome,

if you need any help just ask!

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

pcgluva Guest

whats confusing hit one of us up from this thread or read bellow

Here is a little something maggio wrote:

Welcome to World of War
    Please read it will take 5 minutes or less and help you get started.

This game is a team based game. You cannot win on your own. We recommend that you join a nation rather than creating your own (unless you have friends that you will be playing with)

State = You
    Nation = A group of states

Strength in numbers is the name of the game. As a group you will be more protected and less likely to be picked off and killed. You start off with turns, and you will be given more turns as time goes on. You will get 1 turn per 10min which is 6 per hour, and 144 per day. You use these turns to do a variety of things which we will go over briefly.

There are several aspects of the game, but let’s just go over some basics. In this game; land equals power. The more land you have the higher your score will be. We will discuss getting land in a second. Also keep in mind that two basic elements will be needed to maintain your state. Food and Money. If you run out of either you will pay a severe penalty every turn.

You are to build different types of buildings on your land which produce different things.
    1. Construction Zones allow you to build more buildings per turn.
    2. Residential Buildings increase your population
    3. Commercial Buildings increase your income per turn
    4. Industrial Buildings increase your military production per turn
    5. Farming Buildings increase your food production
    6. Science Buildings increase your science production

Now your thinking that may be a lot to swallow but its not. Your also thinking that you need to create a balance of these buildings to maintain yourself, but YOU DO NOT!

There are a few basic strategies as far as building types so let me go over a few quickly.

The Farmer (easy) produces food only and then sells that food on the public market. From those profits the farmer buys military from the public market for strength, but always keep enough food and money on hand for himself. Mainly you will have to watch your money and make sure you don’t run out. The farmer only builds Farming Buildings.

The Casher (easy) produces money and then uses that money to buy food and military. The farmer builds Residential, and Commercial Buildings (40/60 split) and in turn produces a lot of money to buy up military and food off of the Public Market. Mainly you will have to watch your food and make sure you don’t run out.

The Industrialist (moderate) produces military units which he sells on the public market for profits. He in turn uses these profits to buy food for upkeep, always keeping some money on the side for his upkeep as well. This strategy is more difficult because you constantly have to keep an eye on your food and your money making sure you don’t run out.

There are other, more advanced strategies but we recommend that you give these a try for the first few months/sets (1 set = 28 days). Also Construction zones are needed in order to build more buildings with less turns, but you don’t have to go crazy. 50-100 should do for a beginner, and you would gradually build up to that.

Different Teams (nations) will support different strategies and you will receive bonuses in you are running the right strategy in a nation that supports that strategy. It will almost always be evident who is running what as they will state it in there recruitment blub.

Four ways to join a team (nation) are to A. Go to the forums and post a reply to a recruitment thread. B. Post your own thread asking to join a team (nation). C. Click on “join a nation” in game and apply there. D. View the Nation Scores page and Message a nation leader. You will be required to enter a password when joining which the nation leader will give you. Once you are part of a nation the leaders will be more than happy to help you, all you have to do is ask. A lot of people use MSN, ICQ or AOL so that will come in handy. At any time if you are not getting help just make a post in the forums and people will flock in crowds to help you.

How to get land.
    You can use the expand button and gain land, but the more land you have the less you will gain per turn by expanding. This is the simple way and should be used at first but certainly not the fun way. Let us at least tell you about the fun way because it wont be long before you master it.

You will go to the score page and find a state about 30% smaller than yourself. Select attack and use the Standard Attack. Each standard attack will take up 5 of your turns. Each time you perform a standard attack you will loose 25% of your “military readiness” which you can regain by using turns to build or REFUEL. If you attack successfully you will gain land and building from your target. You use these lands to increase the amount of buildings that you want to build according to your strategy. Destroy the buildings that you gain but do not want or use, which will just free up more land for you. Repeat this process several times.

Be warned. Although its not a rule of any kind, if you attack a state more than twice in 36hrs he will be pissed and may take action against you which is called a retal. If you do this to a state that is a part of a nation (team), the entire team may gang up on you and kill you. Be warned again. You can do different types of attacks which we consider aggressive and again piss off people and they may kill you.

What about the killing and war? Certainly there is plenty of that, but you must do it as a team. It takes 2 and sometimes three people working together to actually kill another state. Don’t be deterred, that is were the fun comes in. That is also were being part of a nation (team) becomes very important.

You start with at least 200 turns as a new state. Let us walk through some basic maneuvers of those turns.

First build 30 Construction Zones. This will cost you 30 turns and will increase your capabilities of creating buildings from 10 per turn to 20 per turn. You start off with 100 land so use the remaining 70 land to build buildings according to the strategy you chose above. Once you are out of land use the expand button to gain more. Try expanding 10 turns and then build more buildings. Expand again and build again. Repeat this process until you have used 199 turns. Once you hit turn 200 you will be out of protection and will be able to be attacked for land (Remember that being attacked for land is not a bad thing we all do it). At this point depending on your strategy you are going to be doing one of the following. A. Going to the Public Market to sell your Food or a good portion of your military (Farmer or Industrialist). B. Going to the public market to pick up some military for protection (Casher).

The Market takes a few hours, so if your selling it will take 4-6 hours just for your goods to appear, but usually they quickly sell. You may adjust the price at which you want to sell your goods. Lower for faster but less money, and higher for slightly longer, but a lot more money. In the beginning of the set goods tend to sell cheap, but as the set goes the get more expensive, so depending on when you join would weight heavenly on how you sell.

That is a lot to consume for now, you should look to the forums, ask a member or ask a leader for more detailed advice on how to do other things like upgrade military, use the bank, and advanced strategies.

Thanks for playing and hope you have a blast as thousands have done in the past. Just remember if you need help all you have to do is ask around.

In the down time while you are waiting for more turns you can visit the forums were a lot members post by the minute and some real engaging conversation goes on about real like, general subjects and wars. You may also visit the WIKI for definitions.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Welcome to nation-wars.

If you need anything let me know and I'll try to help out

always great to have someone new to our family. we are just like any family...mostly loving, however, we have our moments....one thing..you can ask ANYONE here for some help and will more than likely get it. enjoy your stay and WELCOME
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Welcome to NW and i hope you enjoy your stay here im only here a short period of time myself and the peopl in this game are very helpful.I myself can only give you a little advice since im new to this yet but i can offer you this watch out for anton hes looking for love.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Welcome to Nation Wars I am including the link to the tutors thread, anyone on that list would be more than happy to offer some assistance if you would like it. Enjoy.

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?t=2086

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    always great to have someone new to our family. we are just like any family...mostly loving, however, we have our moments....one thing..you can ask ANYONE here for some help and will more than likely get it. enjoy your stay and WELCOME
    yeh we have the estranged uncle (hoeb)

and the crazy old senial grandad everyone tried to avoid sitting next to because hes always flatulaing (doggyma)

welcome to the game btw. hope you have fun and stick around

at vinnie

welcome to to the game, i will help you out if you have any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    yeh we have the estranged uncle (hoeb)

and the crazy old senial grandad everyone tried to avoid sitting next to because hes always flatulaing (doggyma)

welcome to the game btw. hope you have fun and stick around