Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Intellectual Atheism

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    I was just giving examples of why it matters what people think.

But I do understand, hehe, I just dont like GWB much.

sry.

Now Max I agree with you, I was raised Catholic, and I consider myself a good person, I do not hurt people.

Thats all that matters. The God I know and love, that lives in all of us, all life itself, she cares not for prayer.

only for Love.

Z
    Pretty close to them same thing I feel, nicely put, Z.

I was just giving examples of why it matters what people think.

But I do understand, hehe, I just dont like GWB much.

sry.

Now Max I agree with you, I was raised Catholic, and I consider myself a good person, I do not hurt people.

Thats all that matters. The God I know and love, that lives in all of us, all life itself, she cares not for prayer.

only for Love.

Z
    You keep referring to god as a "she"... Just curious about this.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Well, I god has no sex obviously.

I just like the reference, to level it out a bit, god has been mentioned as male by many.

Historically the males of humanity seem to be more ... wrong.

u know what I mean?

The feminine role just seems more fitting to me.

God is not a major part of my life. I mean she did not put me here to pay homage to her. (or I could say "it")

God does not care if I ever even think of her, or believe that she exists, she does not care if I may ever have contemplated her existance.

She only cares that I am a "good" person. and by that I mean causing as little harm as possible.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Jesus's life as a living person can be disproven by the fact that Paul seemed unaware of Jesus's life despite writing shortly after Jesus was supposed to have died, with Jesus's biography first provided by the Gospels of Mark, John, Matthew, and Luke, written around the end of the first century A.D. The film suggests that modern Christians aren't taught about early history of their religion because doing so would call the historicity of Jesus into question.

God's demand that people believe in him or be ****ed to eternity in hell as essentially mind control. Flemming is appalled that Jesus will forgive murder, theft, and any other sin but will not tolerate one doubting in God's existence. Because Jesus knows peoples' innermost thoughts, and that therefore one must police one's thoughts to avoid any doubt, Flemming summarizes this idea with the statement that the greatest sin in Christianity is "to think."

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    You ask us for the evidence yet make your statements without it. Its the benefit of the doubt bit I don't like, I'm meant to give benefit of the doubt to people who believed that Jesus was the one and that they were writing God's word, I like my history from less biased views.

I saw Criss Angel remove a burger from an advert take a bite and out it back, I think Jesus might have enough trickery to change water into wine, nice little bit of magic.
    YOU providing evidence was the purpose of this thread. The atheist/materialist constantly makes unfounded claims without evidence and when the Christian asks for reasons for the atheists beliefs, he gets called ignorant, etc etc. The very point of your thread. Materialism/Atheism is a positive belief with positive claims that require evidence. It is not the default position. I ask for reasons for your beliefs. It doesn't matter what I believe right now. I just want to know WHY you believe what you believe. And when I ask for more evidence for your beliefs - it isn't an attack on your beliefs - it is merely asking for more evidence - more reasons. I don't want you to have beliefs that aren't backed up. I have lots of evidence and reasons for believing what I believe. But me giving that evidence is not the point. If you cannot positively and justifiable back up your beliefs without resorting to attacking opposing beliefs - you have irrational beliefs. Simple as that. So my question is simply - Why do you believe what you believe? (And when I ask follow up questions - do not resort to attacking another view, the best defense is not a good offense in this case)

Jesus's life as a living person can be disproven by the fact that Paul seemed unaware of Jesus's life despite writing shortly after Jesus was supposed to have died, with Jesus's biography first provided by the Gospels of Mark, John, Matthew, and Luke, written around the end of the first century A.D.
    What specifically in Paul's writings indicate that he was unaware of Jesus' life?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    cuz men are more logical and women are more emotional. a god that loves unconditionally as long as they are the only one loved...no one berfore them...u mess up and they take everything away...etc etc. HAS TO BE A WOMAN
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    YOU providing evidence was the purpose of this thread. The atheist/materialist constantly makes unfounded claims without evidence and when the Christian asks for reasons for the atheists beliefs, he gets called ignorant, etc etc. The very point of your thread. Materialism/Atheism is a positive belief with positive claims that require evidence. It is not the default position. I ask for reasons for your beliefs. It doesn't matter what I believe right now. I just want to know WHY you believe what you believe. And when I ask for more evidence for your beliefs - it isn't an attack on your beliefs - it is merely asking for more evidence - more reasons. I don't want you to have beliefs that aren't backed up. I have lots of evidence and reasons for believing what I believe. But me giving that evidence is not the point. If you cannot positively and justifiable back up your beliefs without resorting to attacking opposing beliefs - you have irrational beliefs. Simple as that. So my question is simply - Why do you believe what you believe? (And when I ask follow up questions - do not resort to attacking another view, the best defense is not a good offense in this case)
    I could ask you the same question, but rephrase it a little- why do you believe, that your belief is right?
    Its a grave mistake not to question your beliefs.

And as Z said, through out the history the Church always tried to keep people from THINKING! Its obvious they were not telling the truth, hiding something! Maybe they didn`t want people to understand the concepts of the world and the religion, to follow without questioning. At a point, some people took religion as a buisness and would do anything to protect it. Examples- indulgence, 'releasing' sin, blessing, witch hunt, banning of science.
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Question for you jason...

Why do you believe what you believe? Can you show me prove of your god?

Now back to why you believe is most likely because thats the way you were raised, i was raised catholic but all religion is corrupted as men are. So how can you base your beliefs off a book wrote by many men of so called "gods word" yet when the new testiment was made the emperor of Rome had a convention to decide what would be put in and what scripture wouldnt be? (this is me assuming your christian)

Don't get me wrong im not a complete atheist but i have no faith in religion

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are