Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China VS USA Mens Basketball

Default China VS USA Mens Basketball

China opened up with 3 straight 3 pointers!

and lead the game for the 1st 10 mins or so.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

then lost 101-70

USA! USA! USA! USA!

I saw the game and from my perspective China did play a great game.

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

didn'T see the first quater and didn'T see the last quater...
    but china did lose ground bigtime in the second quater and jsut managed to keep up the rest..

does this sport actually involve any form of strategy or tactics??

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Yes - basketball does involve quite a bit of strategy. You can see it a lot better with a team that plays together a lot and as a team. When you take all the superstars from the NBA and put them together on a team - you aren't going to have as unified as a team and will get lots more individualism.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

yea looked liek a lot of random peopel hoping aroud nand throwing balls pretty much at random... if at all

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    Yes - basketball does involve quite a bit of strategy. You can see it a lot better with a team that plays together a lot and as a team. When you take all the superstars from the NBA and put them together on a team - you aren't going to have as unified as a team and will get lots more individualism.
    Jason is spot on.

U must be a baller?

I am, BBall is my game,

Its quite difficult and u need good reflexes sped cardio, power, the whole shabang.

There are tactics, picks, screens, lots of plays, and fouling.

China did quite well considering USA has the best in the world.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

pcgluva Guest

you have to know when to give a foul take a foul, when to attack and then lay back there are many tactics

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Jason is spot on.

U must be a baller?

I am, BBall is my game,

Its quite difficult and u need good reflexes sped cardio, power, the whole shabang.

There are tactics, picks, screens, lots of plays, and fouling.

China did quite well considering USA has the best in the world.

Z
    Football (american) is my game, though I do understand and play basketball every now and then.

Sean, i don't think fouling is the most important tactic in basketball

But yes, most of the strategy is setting the pace to your liking -- slowing it down by throwing the ball into the post, or stepping it up by driving with the guards -- and using your team's advantage in scoring -- 3 pt, driving or the post.

I was not surprised by the result, but very surprsied by China's first half play. China has no chance in international basketball as they are a very shallow and small team. Yao Ming is their only effective post, with Yi Jian Lian to support him (Yi and ZhiZhi looked very weak today); they have great guards in Sun Yue and Liu Wei, but they can't drive against the bigger USA guards so they can only shoot 3s. So China can either go to the post in Yao, or shoot 3s. Not a winning combination. Maybe top 7-8 is all they can get.

As USA was much bigger and faster, they just tore the Chinese defense apart. I can't believe my friend bet that USA would win with under 20 pts

@ KLL: I think what makes basketball so popular is the individual aspect of the game. You don't need 9 other guys to play, and every shot counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]