Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: To ALL Nation Leaders!!

Default To ALL Nation Leaders!!

I wrote this in the thread "LoR Politics"

"I see a problem with nations having multiple leaders. You talk to one and think you have a deal yet you don't because they have to run it pass the other leaders. People are assuming a deal has been made when one hasn't and now confusion is amongst us.

Another problem is people taking revenge a set later and not just having a clear slate. The LoR/DaK issue has been going on for at least 3 sets now and doesn't seem like it will end. One of the nations gets destroyed and then can't get back on its feet because the second a restart leaves protection it's killed. LoR experienced it last set and DaK is this set. This will drive players away and kill the game.

A solution for all these alliance/nap problems will simply be to post it in forums and sign off with the entire community to see. These will be formal agreements and not hear say. With this we will know if someone broke a treaty or not.

I suggest a conference should be done amongst all the nation leaders to discuss this and try and squash all the hatred amongst them. Put your pride aside and think of the game. At this rate, the game will die within a year in my estimate. I'm getting tired of the constant warring that is over nothing and the constant killing of restarts, makes the game unfun."

I am now making this thread for all the nation leaders to figure out a time that they can all talk and try to solve these problems. Start a group chat on MSN or mIRC and try to work it out. I would gladly moderate to keep things civil and on topic. Here is what I think needs to be discussed.

1. Treaties/Alliances
    2. Wars carrying over to another set due to grudges.
    3. Player base and ways to increase it, not decrease.

I bring this up because I really do enjoy this game but the way things have been going, it's taking the fun out of it. With such a small player base, if things continue as are, this game will collapse. Already veterans are getting annoyed and thinking of leaving the game while retaining new players is becoming increasingly difficult due to players conduct. This needs to be addressed while we can do something about it. I want to get this game back to the level of when WoW had over 2,000 players not 150!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I wrote this in the thread "LoR Politics"

"I see a problem with nations having multiple leaders. You talk to one and think you have a deal yet you don't because they have to run it pass the other leaders. People are assuming a deal has been made when one hasn't and now confusion is amongst us.

Another problem is people taking revenge a set later and not just having a clear slate. The LoR/DaK issue has been going on for at least 3 sets now and doesn't seem like it will end. One of the nations gets destroyed and then can't get back on its feet because the second a restart leaves protection it's killed. LoR experienced it last set and DaK is this set. This will drive players away and kill the game.

A solution for all these alliance/nap problems will simply be to post it in forums and sign off with the entire community to see. These will be formal agreements and not hear say. With this we will know if someone broke a treaty or not.

I suggest a conference should be done amongst all the nation leaders to discuss this and try and squash all the hatred amongst them. Put your pride aside and think of the game. At this rate, the game will die within a year in my estimate. I'm getting tired of the constant warring that is over nothing and the constant killing of restarts, makes the game unfun."

I am now making this thread for all the nation leaders to figure out a time that they can all talk and try to solve these problems. Start a group chat on MSN or mIRC and try to work it out. I would gladly moderate to keep things civil and on topic. Here is what I think needs to be discussed.

1. Treaties/Alliances

I bring this up because I really do enjoy this game but the way things have been going, it's taking the fun out of it. With such a small player base, if things continue as are, this game will collapse. Already veterans are getting annoyed and thinking of leaving the game while retaining new players is becoming increasingly difficult due to players conduct. This needs to be addressed while we can do something about it. I want to get this game back to the level of when WoW had over 2,000 players not 150!
    dont get upset if it does not work....

to further itterate on what Maggio is saying is its been tried before several times and gets shot down all to frequently
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

I could care less. I'll try and get some **** worked out or just stop playing.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

there ya go! thats a real go getter attitude
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I could care less. I'll try and get some **** worked out or just stop playing.
    or you could use your wonderful social skills to mount a set after set assult on your enemies and break up their nation?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    or you could use your wonderful social skills to mount a set after set assult on your enemies and break up their nation?
    which would make players leave. say something useful

no ill never accept, ill kill everyone and suicide as much persons i can each set for the rest of my life!!!!!

just joking, i think this is the best way to increase base players, AF itself has around 8 new recruits next set so i really need time to train them, and as me i know others want to...

iam in just contact me raulcantu_86@hotmail.com
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

Sorry but you have a certain group of ppl that think their fun is more important than anyone elses and they have no regard for anyone else but themselves. There are selfish ppl here who think that simply because they have the numbers to do as they please, no one else matters. It was that way in the old game and they have decidedd that their agenda trumps everyone else. So I don't see it changing till the entire community decides to ride their asses again just like was done in the old game. The Axis was beaten before and can be beat again, but until the entire comunity decides enough is enough, then it will continue and they don't give a **** about growing our game, they only care for themselves.

I have not mentioned any names, but you know who I am talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Sorry but you have a certain group of ppl that think their fun is more important than anyone elses and they have no regard for anyone else but themselves. There are selfish ppl here who think that simply because they have the numbers to do as they please, no one else matters. It was that way in the old game and they have decidedd that their agenda trumps everyone else. So I don't see it changing till the entire community decides to ride their asses again just like was done in the old game. The Axis was beaten before and can be beat again, but until the entire comunity decides enough is enough, then it will continue and they don't give a **** about growing our game, they only care for themselves.

I have not mentioned any names, but you know who I am talking to.
    Pot calling the kettle black?

Anyway, here is what i think about the actual idea

Good, in theory, much like communism. Now, lets discuss ways to actually have this make sense. First, have the community vote on this issue. Should a " conference be held" type of poll question that must be answered before your first turn can be played. If Yes, we must have people vote on who is a leader of a nation, and who is not. I consider myself one, but alot of people do not consider me one at all. So we would have to have another mandatory vote on what constitutes a "leader" what is the max number of leaders per nation, etc..... Now i know this all sounds difficult and everyone is super lazy, i get it, but it would definitly add a new swing to this game. Which is what we may just need. Thirdly, we have the leader discuss every blackwater mentioned.

1. Treaties/Alliances

These are the ones originally posted. Now, there are people who should have a final say. Mr. President has done a great job and would have a major role in shaping this " conference" of the greats. He would appoint mods for the conference and also have a say of his own. He may appoint someone a leader if other wise that person had been voted not a leader. Bear with me, its like being able to pardon someone, but by making them a leader. IE: " Yo pres i have been a leader like 3 times d00d, can you say I'm legit" ( to kinda actually explaining what i am trying to say) He would probably say no, and why he is saying no. ( I know you like to have your long monologues Pres, don't worry, now its on a much more personal level and you can have like 1000 of them) Or Someone says " Hey, i have co-led for 7 sets behind DBoz i think i can help represent WLF" Pres could say " sure, and why.... etc.... bla bla bla" awesome.

So now that we have our participants and our rules, we move on. Is there a limit on each nation. For example 2 per nation. If under 10 people, one per nation. OR for under 5 people, only 1 leader. That way we can keep the same standards for what is considered a nation. Now everything would be discussed by all the leaders, and eventually vote on something to be done. we all agree, bla bla bla.

However, i do not think it will work as treaties have been made in the past. They don't really hold, or someone back stabs. Which would basically be what happens with the new treaties. However, if people actually take them semi-seriously then it could add bigger wars, and bigger netting opportunities. However, this does not help with any " suicide" problem we may be having.

I strongly believe that things like this should be argued and discussed, and we would probably have to have a community wide vote for if we should actually do this ****. Or it could be implemented, and BAM its over. *sigh* we should really take the design idea of allies / war targets to what the original nation wars was like. So it would make a nap basically, and things like that. Could just make the whole system alot easier. However not the exchange of units, its like donating, but worse.
    And Shepards We Shall Be
    For Thee My Lord For Thee
    Power Hath Descended From Thy Hand
    Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands
    And We Shall Flow A River Forth To Thee
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
    In Nomeni Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Scanti