Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: To ALL Nation Leaders!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy77 View Post
    I would love to print up nation war flyers and put it at my local grocery store

however i can't do that without the permission from Mr. P. As it is a copyrighted name

=) But good thinking maggio
    Im sure hes gona say yes because that means more players

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    i guess what you all are saying is that if LOR disbanded and was no more than no one would quit right?

I think most of you dont understand the mathematics of the situation. No matter what people are going to quit for various reasons. They are going to get bored, they are going to get a life, they are going to get a new girlfriend, a new job....anything. These are the most common reasons for quitting IMO. I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that the reasons that I listed cover about 80-90% of inactive accounts.

Here is one for you. You go to the store and buy a new game. You play it for a while and then it just sits on the shelf. You guys are expecting the same people to play the same game for years. A mulit billion dollar gaming industry have proven for a fact that IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Now I can go on and on, but let me just get to my point.

You want more people to play with then find a way to get more new people to play, and stop worrying so much about getting people to stay.

Let me throw some stupid numbers out of my arse.

1000 members
    50 quit (5%)
    100 create new accounts (10%)

Total players for the next set 1050 (a 5% increase)

Sometimes the level of retardism here amazes me. *-1

I would bet the bank that if we asked someone from Wizard (world of warcraft) about it he would say that its 90% trying to get new members, and 10% adding new features or changing game play.

One more stupid idea.... Make a flyer for NW, and put it on the cork board at your local grocery store. Sounds pretty lame huh. well it would get more people playing than most of you constantly ***** ing about the game and who is playing it. You will never win trying to cherry pick from the existing membership. *-2

*-1 Good math work, true $hite!

*-2 Hahaha I'm doing it on my local's too bad only 30% of mexican population can understand/write/talk english as raul & me.

This guys owns and mostly he's right, we are playing a Nation Wars game, i'm not too smart but i guess its about ... War? killing, being killed.

You should open a new server called. Netting Nations or something like that for those people that cant stand restarting.

In fact, I got a RL friend into game, In the middle of AF vs WLF & SC war I showed him how to play and he found just exciting to help killing WLF states and was like Hey!!! I got killed i'll restart fast, so... War doesnt scares new players. As Mr. Maggio says there are 99999999999999999 more reasons of the people here quits.

A better way to get new players in and make them stay is adding banners in other websites gaming pages and so I think.

PS. This does not means I support LOR's FA in fact I dont like it at all, not a bit.
    INFERNO is smoking hot!!
    Feel the BURN!

September 08:
    This round has ended!
    Your final rank was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by z75 View Post
    This guys owns and mostly he's right, we are playing a Nation Wars game, i'm not too smart but i guess its about ... War? killing, being killed.

You should open a new server called. Netting Nations or something like that for those people that cant stand restarting.
    This has never really been the case. In the history of this game only a tiny portion of the nations have been pure warring nations. Most nations play the game to net. The key change in this game has occurred in the last 3 years or so, being the idea of total set long wars. Such wars in the old days were very rare, and restart killing wasn't anywhere near as common as it is nowadays. Dak-LOR is a perfect example of this total war mentality, with the nation on the losing end never being given the chance to recover. In the old days wars might last a week or so, with not much more than two or three seperate strikes from each nation. The first couple of years I played this game I only saw one instance of "total" war, that being waged between BG and several other nations (notably TE, Royals, Euro, OBS and variants of it) Every other war rarely lasted more than half a set, and most were over in a week. Set on Set feuds were nowhere near the level they are now. A more moderated form of warring needs to be established if the game is to retain players.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This has never really been the case. In the history of this game only a tiny portion of the nations have been pure warring nations. Most nations play the game to net. The key change in this game has occurred in the last 3 years or so, being the idea of total set long wars. Such wars in the old days were very rare, and restart killing wasn't anywhere near as common as it is nowadays. Dak-LOR is a perfect example of this total war mentality, with the nation on the losing end never being given the chance to recover. In the old days wars might last a week or so, with not much more than two or three seperate strikes from each nation. The first couple of years I played this game I only saw one instance of "total" war, that being waged between BG and several other nations (notably TE, Royals, Euro, OBS and variants of it) Every other war rarely lasted more than half a set, and most were over in a week. Set on Set feuds were nowhere near the level they are now. A more moderated form of warring needs to be established if the game is to retain players.
    If most of you guys dont really like LOR's warring style then why you allow it? I mean not banning them but uniting against them should be enough to make them stop.
    INFERNO is smoking hot!!
    Feel the BURN!

September 08:
    This round has ended!
    Your final rank was 8.

We did that last set, but I can see thatone set won't do it. Has been done before, I guess it can happen again.

Look, i have nothing against a peace pact, but saying that wars ruin the game, iam not so sure, my new recruits get more excited if we war thatn if we net, so this is just a lame thread of a netting state that wants to live in peace and harmony, if u want to play a peace loving game enter this

www.garfieldgames.com
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

I'm really gettign tired of this argument. If it was about war, why are the scores sorted by NW?
    Warrign is a tool in the game, not the point of it.

If most of you guys dont really like LOR's warring style then why you allow it? I mean not banning them but uniting against them should be enough to make them stop.
    We did show em what we thought of it last set, they apparantly didn't get the message. And i tried realyl hard to write this without questioning anybodys intelligence.

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    I'm really gettign tired of this argument. If it was about war, why are the scores sorted by NW?
    Warrign is a tool in the game, not the point of it
    We should ask the creator of the game what is the main point of playing and if the name he chose "Nation Wars" is just marketing.

That being Svenne or his sucessor Mr Pres
    INFERNO is smoking hot!!
    Feel the BURN!

September 08:
    This round has ended!
    Your final rank was 8.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

We should ask the creator of the game what is the main point of playing and if the name he chose "Nation Wars" is just marketing.

That being Svenne or his sucessor Mr Pres
    I can tell you that Svenne modeled this game after Earth2025 or whatever it was called, where the main principle was also getting the highest NW.

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    I can tell you that Svenne modeled this game after Earth2025 or whatever it was called, where the main principle was also getting the highest NW.
    Nation-Wars is a free, multiplayer, turn based strategy game where you will compete with hundreds of other players to achieve world dominance. Team up with other members to form a nation and become an unstoppable force. Whether you become a peaceful farming community or an industrial WAR machine the choice is yours, but remember that dominance always comes with a price... are you ready to start your journey?

Thats the HOME PAGE statement when you are about to sign in or sign up,
    my subconscious gets the WAR WAR WAR message more than a couple of times, should that be changed? Unstoppable Force of what? of netting? How can you stop someone netting? Warring him. Everything is related to war so I think thats the main purpose of the game.

Now if you look into Earth 2025 Home Page's statement is less agressive and war supporting than ours (Nation-Wars)
    Last edited by z75; 08-22-2008 at 17:36. Reason: Missed last statement
    INFERNO is smoking hot!!
    Feel the BURN!

September 08:
    This round has ended!
    Your final rank was 8.