Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Amerika... the fall

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

I believe we are the most powerful military,
    spending billions on something unnecessary is not reaaaly somethign to be proud of while havig nthe worlds most uneffective healthcare system...
    even third world countries like thailand provider better general healthcare at a cheaper cost.

the most technology advanced society
    no, not by a long shot.

and if you ever came to Louisiana you'd know that down South we are the most friendly people
    go to asia, especialy indochina. you'd think they'Ve got drugs in their water.

Not to mention the BILLIONS of dollars of humanitarian funds we ship out yearly to underdeveloped countries
    the US gives out 7 billion USD a year of economic aid.
    the UK, France and Japan each give out more (alömost 11 billion for the UK) and both are a fraction compared to the US.. so relatively speakign ,the US are not really keen on sharing their wealth.

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Chris don't even bother. You're gonna work yourself up over this which is dumb. Let them vent about America all they want. It's not like anything will come of it. Also KLL why post in your sig states you've killed. I mean over 2/3rds of your kills are restarts
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Chris don't even bother. You're gonna work yourself up over this which is dumb. Let them vent about America all they want. It's not like anything will come of it.
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with KLL on this
    EDIT:All western countries signed a pact saying that they would spend 0.5% of their Bruto National Income (BNP in het nederlands, heb het vrij vertaald aangezien ik geen flauw idee heb van wat het in het Engels is (te lui om het op te zoeken)) on help in third world countries.
    Not one of those countries gets to that 0.5%. That is one$ for every 200$ earned in those countries, aka : near to nothing.
    At that large a scale, that nothing becomes a lot, of course...

If I may quote someone from "Artsen zonder Grenzen":
    We should stop putting more money in the third world and start taking less out of it.
    I.E.: Europe supported people in Ivory Coast to build a slaughterhouse for their cattle. They did, but they only use a tenth of it. Why? Because our leftovers, meat "not good enough for us, but good enough for them", are imported at minimum prices... The farmers there can't cut it and stop their bussinesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Also KLL why post in your sig states you've killed. I mean over 2/3rds of your kills are restarts
    Last edited by Bram Gotink; 09-10-2008 at 13:02.
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    to what extent...?

I just listed some things people might not know about, i didnt really mention the obvious mistakes.

what are you saying pron?

and you should not compare your government to other countries.

you the people of amerika are responsible for your government.

Z
    I would compare my government to a pile of dog ****.... I am in no way, shape, or form responsible for what bush has done, how can you say that we are all responsible? Thats just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    i'm pretty sure china and the folks are also telling everyone they're the good guys
    Its only a matter of time before China gets sick of America thinkin they own the world, and when they do decide to prove us wrong, we're all screwed... I'm just counting the days till China wipes us out.

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    I just see it as human nature to f up the world, and America is only in the spotlight because we're the biggest. Doesn't mean we've done the most wrong though.
    What gives you the idea that we're the biggest? What does that mean, that we have the most people, or the best technology, because in both instances we're far from the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by SmarT View Post
    i can explain this in one sentence...

I love my country but hate my government.
    I hate both. Yes, I'm about to say somethin about drugs, but just one...
    Who's idea was it to start drug testing for jobs? I'm a big fan of thc, and use it on a regular basis, but everytime I go looking for a better job I get turned down because of the whole drug test thing. I think its ridiculous to base someones work ethics on if they do drugs or not... I agree that MOST drugs are harmful to society, but if you can go and get your **** job done, and done well, who cares if you smoke when you're not at work?

Another thing... America has the most people in prison than any other country... When we're mixing pot smokers with murderers and rapists I think something needs to be done. I'm not saying give everyone pot and do whatever you want with it, but atleast decriminalize it so I can get a half *** decent job and smoke at the same time, and not have to worry about being in a cell with murderers because I get busted with some plants.

[RIOT] x3 [LoR] x1 [THIK] x1 [Dak] x1 [BH] x1 [TNR] x1
    Bored? For a fun game click here.

America is still the greatest country on this planet. It used to be so by a far margin. Now it's being overtaken. WAKE UP!

Seriously, a desperate pleed. We need you. We need a rational friendly country to be top dog of this planet. That used to be you. It's not anymore. You're still top dog, but you've lost your moral high ground.

I used to be pro-america, but I am not anymore. I think that goes for the rest of the world as well. 200k persons didn't wave american flags for clinton for fun. The world loved the USA. Bush ****ed that up. We still want to love you, but we can't with the politics of bush and the republican crew.

Let us love you again. We need the idea of America. The America the founding fathers created, not the corrupt government of today.

The legacy of the founding fathers were a great legacy that all current nations should strive for. Please go back to that.