Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The oil shortage myth debunked.

I actually got this info from a independent documentary called "Iraq for Sale". I'd have to watch it again to get specifics because i saw it a couple months ago, but the jist is that everything you can think of in this war is being bought from companies by the US government. Military training is being done by security companies with Ex-Marines doing the training. Interogations of prisoners are being done by civilians. Equipment are being made by corporations, which means they are sacrificing effeciency and durability for cost. There's even companies that do laundry and serve food. The mess hall lines take hours and the laundry detergent give the soldiers rashes. And when the soldiers try to do their own laundry, their officers give them a swift kick in the nuts cuz this company get like 99 cents a load and get pissed when they lose one.

I suggest you look it up and watch it for yourself. You think the cost in Iraq is just the gas we're using to get the soldiers around? Think again.

What? HOw does this have anything to do with
    "Cheney doesn't make money off the oil in Iraq because of Haliburton but raather the contracts he's giving them to do various things in the Iraq war."
    ok, I see this is another one I will avoid even though I got it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    What? HOw does this have anything to do with ok, I see this is another one I will avoid even though I got it started.
    Haliburton is one of these corporations getting billions and billions of dollars to transport weapons, gear, food, etc, train military, whatever. And cheney used to be the VP of it. Now tell me its not a favor he's doing for them and that they're not giving him some sort of kick back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mestizo View Post
    Haliburton is one of these corporations getting billions and billions of dollars to transport weapons, gear, food, etc, train military, whatever. And cheney used to be the VP of it. Now tell me its not a favor he's doing for them and that they're not giving him some sort of kick back.
    How bout you prove to me that he is, I can ague with you all day long on this, but just because you THINK something is correct, doesn't make it so. So let me see your proof first then we will continue this discussion.

You are the one making accusations, let me see your evidence.

Or is this something you heard on CNN?

Ok serious question! Dogma. Why dont we drill there so that it will help reduce the price of gasoline and oil in America? I dont want to speculate, I want a straight up answer.

Also can you verify that story with other sites like news sites or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    How bout you prove to me that he is, I can ague with you all day long on this, but just because you THINK something is correct, doesn't make it so. So let me see your proof first then we will continue this discussion.

You are the one making accusations, let me see your evidence.

Or is this something you heard on CNN?
    Do you read my posts or do you just skim and post?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Ok serious question! Dogma. Why dont we drill there so that it will help reduce the price of gasoline and oil in America? I dont want to speculate, I want a straight up answer.

At first the technology to remove the oil from the shale was not cost effective as the price to bring it up was a lot more than it would cost to import it, so the oil companies decided not to pursue it. As any company would want to try and do to increase their profit margin. However with the current state of oil prices, it is now profitable for the oil companies to invest the capital needed to remove the oil from the shale. Also given the current state of the world economy, again, it is now profitable.

As far as verifying my "story", the website this was referring to is set up by information obtained from the US Geological Survey. It isn't a story, it is a fact. it was discovered years ago and now is just becoming relevant, well, to some of us anyway.

In other research I have done on this subject, the Rockies in Colorado also hold vast amounts of oil reserves, but, in that instance, you can surely understand the difficulties in drilling in the mountains. The Technology will catch up with it though.Not to mention the ppl of Colorado have the NIMBY(not in my back yard) syndrome and do not want it to be exploited.

here are some sites to give you come more info if you would like to see it :http://www.google.com/search?q=bakke...ient=firefox-a

Quote Originally Posted by El Mestizo View Post
    Do you read my posts or do you just skim and post?
    yes I do read your posts and I did see the Iraq for Sale documentary, I am simply asking you to prove your accusations against Cheney for profiting on the war when it is a violation of FEDERAL Law for any federal elected official to be in any way tied to or profit from any private enterprise entity. That is all I am asking. You are wanting me to show you that he isn't, I am asking you the same thing. Asa far as independent documentary, I guess you would also consider Michael Moore to be an unbiased reporter as well? Documentaries are just like any other television or movie presentation, they are made in order to make a profit. PERIOD. So how can you know they aren't slanting the piece in order to sell more copies so that they can make a profit?
    Last edited by Dogma; 09-03-2008 at 17:18.

WEll, John, was that a satisfactory answer to your question? I tried. If you would like to discuss it further, here is a good place

Well Dogma you come to a very interesting point you may have missed. The reason oil companies haven't drilled there is because it's expensive and time consuming to get the oil out, just like the oil sands in Alberta, now that the price is high it's now economically feasible to get it, but if they start to pump out too much the price of oil will lower so the oil company profit margins will fall, so expect development of the fields to continue but don't expect the oil industry to start to drill like mad, they are happy with the price of oil the way it is and will gladly bleed consumers over the long haul.

As for Haliburton, what do you think **** Cheney will do once he leaves office, think he may go back to his multimillion dollar job? He'll either go back to Haliburton or join the Carlyle Group, for anyone who doesn't know the Carlyle Group is a multibillion dollar group of companies who have a habit of appointing former politicians as directors to get influence, Bush SR is there and I expect Bush JR to join once he leaves office.

Just as a point of fact Canada is oil independent, Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the USA, and with potential resources in the Arctic suspected of being even bigger you may want to be a little nicer or we'll just send it to our friends in China

Freelance Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by KLL View Post
    just out of curiosity, but where do you turn to for news?

to be honest, fro mwhat i hear from folks i talked to.. thats a pretty BS class.
    a freinds history teacher telled them that the US Marshall Plan initiated the german economic miracle and that the US only has military bases in germany to prevent antoher holocaust
    retards like that should be baned from teaching, as the poor kids actually belive him.

Dogma checks his "how to be a good orthodox conservative" manual, written 150 years ago, for News.

We get Oil from Coal, and Coal from wood, and wood from water and sun!!!!

WOWOIL IS UNLIMITED!!!!

lmao... but you ignore any laws of conservation. how much energy, time and material will u invest in Oil production?

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.