Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This is getting old

Default This is getting old

Every set it's the same crap. Someone suicides, and then the next set that person gets even and suicides, and then that person gets even again and it's an endless cycle.

I don't understand you people. For the better part of a year you all complained and wished WoW was still around. Well here we are only in our 5th set and you pull this crap. And yes i do know who each and one of you who are doing these. I'm a little shocked on some, not so shocked by others.

Listen, if you don't care about the game or you are bored with it, then just leave. Why would you do things to hurt the game?

I have brought the suiciding subject up to you all many times and tried to leave things in your hands to keep it under control. That doesn't seem to be working.

So this is the last warning. if this continues then i'm going to reinstate the dead states and ban the suiciders.

So to help me out and to also help the game out, why don't you all just call it even. I know it's fun for some of you, but many of us have put a lot of time in this game to keep it running, so we are not finding it as funny as you are. I know some of you could care less, so all i'm asking is, just leave if you don't care..

One other thing i'm tired of reading is, whenever something doesn't go someones way they say this game is dying and it sucks and your quitting.. Am i suppose to beg you to stay? If so, i'm not going to. Of course i want as many people in this game, but at the same time we could do without the BS all the time.

We are currently making some nice changes to get our name out and increase membership. We will be running some ads, doing banner swaps and a few other things, all to increase membership. And i'm 99% sure it's going to work. This game is not going anywhere. We pretty much got all the members we could from word of mouth so now it's time to step it up and get more by using other means. If you want to be a part of it, great. if not then thanks for playing and have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We all play this for fun. We all love to war at times and net at times. But none of us like to be suicided. So why do you do it back and keep it going?
    Just let it drop here and now. Cause if it continues, you won't be here much longer.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

wut do u class as suiciding??? some people might just be out for revenge just dont have people that would help them

As a personal opinion I dont think this is a right thing.

Forcing others to "not" do something withing the game is not a fair call.

Iam not a suicider, and i will get mad if someone did suicide at me or any member....But well i cant go around and say what they can and cant do. Everyone must be able to use all aspects of game freely..What someone find fun netting, others find fun warring, others suiciding, its as crazy as deleting warring states for warring netters all sets, just because some netters think this is ruinning the game...

And most of suiciders around actually kill old names, not the new incomers, and believe me its very hard for those old names to quit the game if getting suicide, so i dont see the point of it....

And i really think that starting banning states because some people dont want suiciders isnt a very good choice...The fun of this game is the variety of actions everyone can do...If u dont like suiciders, then make genocides not abailable. Eveyone must be free to kill anybody whenever they want...

Believe me with oir without suiciders the game will persist. But if lame rules like this start comming up, then it will die, since you will end up with only netters. And believe me most of suicides dont occur because people are bored, they occured for personal interests. And actually i dont think suicides are are getting off hand lately...

Just try to get some spies around to catch whomever killed you, and go after him...

I reinstate, i DONT like suiciders, but i dont think its very democratic to ban someone for doing it, if the game allows it and makes it possible for someone to suicide, then it can be done, thats all, thanks...
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

wow i never thought id agree to sumthing raul said amen.....i war all the time and get bored of it and wanna net at times...sumtimes i can get away with the netting where most of the other times i get suicided or warred ...yeah i get mad but that makes it funner and now i want revenge...if i get in a warring nation 2 get my revenge then so be it but if i suicide them then so be it...holding grudges and getting revenge someway makes the game more interesting and funner cuz u dont noe wut may happen next...if u dont like suiciding then build ure military so u dont get suicided or make alliances to take others out or sumthing...taking away an aspect to the game because a certain few pepl dont like it is stupid and not fair to pepl that may like to mess around with other pepls sets...i can say its nation WARS not nation netting or w.e...ure suppose 2 be prepared to defend and attack in w.e problem may accure

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    taking away an aspect to the game because a certain few pepl dont like it is stupid and not fair to pepl that may like to mess around with other pepls sets...

I have yet to know one person who likes to be suicided. So it's more then a few people.

If someone gets warred and killed, they may complain about it some but they make another state and plot revenge.

But when people destroy others states cause they "like to mess around with other peoples sets", makes people leave and not want to play. Or, it turns them into a suicider too..

After speaking with Devil, he claims some of his people feel this is punishing them cause nothing was done when lor was suicided. Well this is not true. Infact, i have been ranting about suiciding since the 2nd set. I have made post in the main forums and in the admins section many times. I have talked poor Tnova's ear off about how we can get it to stop. It doesn't matter when i say something cause it will look like i'm taking someone's side. If i do it when someone hits LoR, it looks like i favor them. if i do it when LoR does it, it looks like i favor the other guys.. let me make this clear, I FAVOR THIS GAME and the players who don't do it. If your hard headed and can't understand that, then i'm sorry, but it's the way it is.

My main reason for this thread was to get people thinking about it again. It seems like people start to be ok with the status quoe.

Raul you make many good points. And those points are the exact reason why i haven't done anything about them. I personally feel an admin needs to stay out of things as much as possible. But rules do need to be made and that is what an admin has to do.

We don't have a lot of members at the moment. So when suiciding happens it stands out more. But some of the old vets who play this game don't stick around when suiciding continues..

So i'm trying to get some of you to really think about what your doing before you go off to get even.. Which is why i said, can't we just call it even.. That way we have a clean slate and move on. This post wasn't to call anyone out or to say that there is a new game changing rule being set up. It's a wake up call, and i'm saying that the status quoe isn't good enough like it is.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

Raul you make many good points. And those points are the exact reason why i haven't done anything about them. I personally feel an admin needs to stay out of things as much as possible. But rules do need to be made and that is what an admin has to do.
    I know you to be a person i can trust to be up there at admin and not using that to delete or give up anyone who suicides, and i know you think of this for the best of the game...

I believe "rules need to be made" can change into, let the nations within the game take their own actions referring suiciders, and well for vets to leave the game, they need more than 1 suicide to do it...

And well there are many ways to prevent suicides from happening specially with genoicdes, GET SPIES!!! at least to know who hit u and find the responsible =)...

And well this suicides are very few lately, nothing to worry much about...Also we have the bounty thread thing, that promotes suiciding too so... its a complicated idea :S
    The Flying Circus

[MexUn]x7 [AF]x12 [RFC]x1 [LOR]x1 [WANT]x2 [LOR]x1 [AF]x4 [SMILE]x1 [WLF]x1 [LOR]x1 [AF]x2 [RAGE]x2
    [LOR]x2 [USA]x1 [TNG]x1 [WLF]x1 [ICN]x1 [WLF]x1 [DEAD]x1
    [LOR 2018]

... i dont agree with the path of suicided because last set i lost about 200 turns into rebuilding my buildings but i dont agree 100% with the reinstating the dead state and banning the suicider but i do agree that something needs to be done and if nothing happens i wont be disaponited if the reinstating and banning rule is put into affect. i have put alot of time and money into this game(time playing havnt worked on the game at all) and i really dont want to see it go downhill anymore

as for the bounty thing my intentions with it is to have wars pop up in the last week or so in the set... i dont advicate suiciding to collect but if i do have to pay out to a suicider i can let u all know who it was
    Last edited by k959; 09-04-2008 at 01:18.

delete the suiciders.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    delete the suiciders.

Z
    Just ban then, that would send out a good message.

So MarineRecon and Ali, bye bye

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

1. I was suicided last set, and this set. I have yet to take out my revenge suiciding on anyone, if I will at all. Not everyone is easily provoked to downgrade the game by doing what the suiciders do.

2. It's "Status Quo" not "Status Quoe" prez.

3. I seem to remember lots of grudge wars in old WoW. Perhaps, since we have so few members, this is the same thing, only individual states "warring" each other. However, I have no idea who I pissed off, and they're too cowardly to say why I've been hit twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.