Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wow

What he's saying is that we consider Iraqi lives to be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What he's saying is that we consider Iraqi lives to be worthless.
    Which is bull****. I know people who have served over there and to engage for an Air Strike or Artillery you must go through a lot before you do. They don't consider an Iraqi life as being worthless. He needs to go talk to people who have been there and not make such accusations.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Which is bull****. I know people who have served over there and to engage for an Air Strike or Artillery you must go through a lot before you do. They don't consider an Iraqi life as being worthless. He needs to go talk to people who have been there and not make such accusations.
    That has nothing to do with saving Iraqi lives and everything to do with covering the arse of the military. If there was no press in Iraq the "occupying forces" would behave like the mongols.

That has nothing to do with saving Iraqi lives and everything to do with covering the arse of the military. If there was no press in Iraq the "occupying forces" would behave like the mongols.
    You obviously haven't talked to people who have been there. Every one I know didn't treat the Iraqis as subhuman and did their best not to hurt innocent people. So you're saying that if there was no press that our soldiers would be massacring civilians and not caring one bit?
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    You obviously haven't talked to people who have been there. Every one I know didn't treat the Iraqis as subhuman and did their best not to hurt innocent people. So you're saying that if there was no press that our soldiers would be massacring civilians and not caring one bit?
    It would happen far more often.

It would happen far more often.
    I think you underestimate our servicemen and women. Including Britain.

I think you overestimate them. The longer the occupation continues, the higher the probability of such incidents occuring. Regardless, the western media in general does not give a **** about Iraqi deaths. The death of a single US or British soldier is generally considered more newsworthy than the deaths of 100 Iraqis.

I think what Will meant by 'we' is the general public, not specifically the military?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

That is correct.

can anyone tell me two numbers.

how many iraqi military deaths have there been exactly?

how many iraqi civilian deaths have there been exactly?

If you know the true numbers than you have more info than most of us. If we really knew it would be hippis agains war time 100.

why do we know exactly how many US deaths there have been, but we dont know (us the general public that is) how many enemy casualties there has been.

I saw something about our technolgy vs theirs and basically it was saying that statistically the ratio should be like 100:1 meaning for every one us death there should be 100 iraqi death.

to blackwater dont tell me to do anything you cant back up. watch my mouth or what? youll flame me in the forums....grow up. clearly you missed my point on my post, so i will await my appology.