Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: LoR vs. xICXNx

Calvin74 Guest

also it isn't a theory that war drives players away. it is a proven fact that stupid wars drive good players away.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    FYI everyone I didn't choose target or did anything remotely active this set.

You are a team player, when told to strike you strike, just as we all do

My whole point is the stupid defense that war drives players away is gay.
    cannot disagree, but id does take time for new players to get used to the way we communicate and the terms that we all take for granted. Takes just little more to get them up to speed.

It's when you guys give up on the war front and players restart or don't know what to do and have no one to look up to or follow when they quit.

Again, I agree. But when you have a couple new players that don't even know where the nation messages are, it makes it hard to communicate. Plus the jargon we use is sometimes confusing to a new player. ie SA, AR,AA BR for example. IT takes some time for a new player to learn how to choose his attack when we call it something different than is listed on the attack page.
    No one here made their first war chat perfectly and you can't tell me that you did. there are a lot of intricacies to this game that take some time to learn

You get warred oh **** lor warred us those bastards they gonna pwn us ughhhh okay warchat 0500, no one shows and so forth.

Hard to call a war chat with new player that don't understand what that jargon means and may not have even see the nation messages on it because they have no idea how to communicate with their nation leaders.

It's internal problems that causes your mems to leave.

NO, that is not always the case.

Most of the "vets" in this game have no drive, if you have no drive then you don't deserve to have the new members in your tag.

Not good to assume what goes on in another persons nation and how they handle their new player. No body died and made you Bear Bryant

Send them over to LoR we'll make sure they have fun

If that were the style in which they want to learn, so be it. You gut your share of new players

So yeah back to my main point, if players leave cause they are warred.
    1. I'm happy they leave cause they don't deserve to play a game that is based on foundations of war and if they die they leave?
    2.Most the nations in this game have such leadership that is so pathetic in motivating new players taht when a war comes the own leadership drives them away.

Ok, lets do this again:
    1. Yes there is a war component to the game. Ok, who gets the premium membership for winning the set? The highest net, or the one with the most kills? And New players like new player leaders, get tired of the constant BS of having to learn be a leader while learning to play the game and being warred at the same time. This isn't like learning ping pong, you know. I personally thin it is more important to teach a new player how to run a strat, while also showing balance in their states. War will come, but the basics of the game are for more important to me.
    2. As I am not the leader of my nation I find that insulting to my leader who is just learning to be a leader and is himself a reasonably new player, so, I will just say that on that subject.

A new player doesn't know better war or net all the same death could be just as much part of this game as running a few turns, but players put in their mind that ohh all is over your dead everything you attained is lost.

I tend to disagree with this statement. Maybe for new player that doesn't have the benefit of an experienced player in their nation, however, most do restart. I am saying that a new leader is not as formidable a leader as you, or Devil, or Kanman when it comes to having to restart and try and do something with the likes of a warrior nation like LoR or ALF or USA. You know very well that it takes someone who knows how to war to be able to even offer the above mentioned nations even a challenge. It takes time to train a leader or learn on your own, you know this. And 15 days is not a lot of time.

The mentality should be set by leaders oh those ****ers they killed us we will **** them up don't worry.

See above post.

I will publicly state i think ICN's head leadership is WEAK.

Again, insulting a new leader is not the best motivating factor in this game. I remember when other nations would reach out to new leaders after they went off on their own and offer to help them out, but that doesn't happen anymore.
    My thoughts, not my nations.

Ali, what makes Blade a weak leader? I'm curious. Have you ever played with him? Have you ever talked to him? Have you asked the players that have played with him, and/or talk to him every set as I do? No? O.K. Thanks for your sensational input. Please come again.

Calvin74 Guest

also just for the record Mr. P doesn't have a balanced war state.
    shouldn't everyone be all up in arms about that?

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    I think everyone needs to ****ing get over the idea that new players are immune.
    i dont think anyone thinks new players should be immune to wars o being killed. but weve had like 4 of them join this set and its taken us this long to even get to teach them the basic ideas of pure strats. not sayin dont ever kill them, but maybe wait abit longer than 2 weeks of joining the game yeh??

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Call it selfish and say its killing the game, i've heard this argument time in and time out. The game is still here.
    only ****in just moron

and blade was doing just fine. it takes alot to start a new nation in this game as a new player, yet after playing for only a few months he had the second largest nation in the game. think that on its own shows that hes not as weak as you think.

@ ali - if you wernt in LoR i personally do not believe you would have been able to get a decent or worth while nation off of the ground for a long stretch of time. you have and will always run LoR nations wether they have that name or not which you did not create. so who do you think is the weaker leader out of the 2?

@ calvin - man you will never be that kewl

Default OMG!!! Are all the nits at LoR?

"I will publicly state i think ICN's head leadership is WEAK. "

Smooth post, and not surprising coming out of the LoR camp.

What say you post that to each and every new Leader that comes along, that way it can stay just the same..you are just an idiot.

Forgive me, but I never saw anything in the rules that I had to kiss anyones arse here or war without reason to show how strong I am.

Why don't we just cut the cr@p and unzip already.
    I'm tired of reading about how much bigger yours is.
    Nitwit

As someone who has been on both sides, I can agree with Ali to an extent that new players shouldn't be immune to war. In my second set, the nation I was in (HVN) was warred and badly messed up by BRD/GOR. I wasn't killed but that was more luck than kindness on their part (I was running a pure strat, had just learned to play casher so wasn't an obvious noob at first glance, and there were no rules, unwritten or otherwise, against noob killing).

However, back then the playerbase was FAR less fragile than it is now, so anything that might drive people away should be avoided if possible. In the short term this will annoy some of the more diehard warrers, and I am hardly a commited netter as anyone who knows me will confirm, but until the playerbase becomes more stable (200 active players would be my benchmark, but obviously the more the better), warring, (especially warring without reason) should be curtailed for the good of the game.

Blade is not a weak leader, yes he has flaws, don't we all? For someone relatively new to the game he's done a brilliant job and is always open to advice; unfortunately for him he takes advice from Jigger but what can you do.

Someone suggested LoR breaking up into 2 nations and warring themselves, sounds like a brilliant plan

Breaking up?

But I agree with Will.

And Blade is a great leader. I've led 40+ member nations and I was totally a n00b in wars and tech dealing (but we had great helpers).

Currently, Blade's nation is contributing this game more than all other nations.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

ICN is weak and thats my view. LoR is weak and i have already stated that several times in this thread.

Did I say LoR was all that strong at any point in this thread.... Nope.

My views have nothing to do with LoR's.

USA warring LoR i knew that coming from beginning this is how the game is.

One nation can't hold its ground or doesn't even want to and it calls support which I am totally fine with. But its cause of people who don't wanna fight back and roll over and die new players leave.

also i know for a fact devil is a good leader he is much more diplomatic and a all round better player than me. But I like to have fun and i will continue to have my fine all i want.

Their is no way to stop me personally from having fun.

and i love being hated so much i spice up the forums so much ....

My idiotic posts really are fun to give life to the threads sometimes

Still would like to say i think ICN leadership is weak for having so easily lost hope which could be seen in the first posts of this thread.

Btw i don't see why other people stand up for ICN leadership shouldn't they be the ones defending their argument especially if i "pick on" the leadership.

also some of you guys really need to grow up and learn that this game can be played in multiple ways and need to live with that fact.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!