Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Massive Economics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    do u realize that as I write this your government is about to pass a 700B $ bill and hand that money to a few people? After several other multi Billion $ bills this year.

Z
    Actually, the House Republicans blew the deal up earlier today in the meeting. But i'm sure they'll succumb to the pressure tomorrow..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Everyday you have some sort of message to slam the USA.. Must be a full time job carrying around all this hate.. Might want to see a shrink

What we are seeing now will pass. it always does. Sometimes the tree grows so fast the roots can't catch up.

And it is no secret that the US will end up losing it's economic power status. I mean really how can it keep up when our population is so small compared to China.. But like Will said, i'm not looking forward to China being a economic super power.. Perhaps if China would help the traade deficit some other nations might have a chance to grow too.. Including yours! But that's another story.

Will the US go through some hard times? Yes. Is it good for us? Yes. Sometimes we get so use to having it so good, we forget how delicate the balance really is. Perhaps now people will start waking up and paying attention to who we elect into office and start holding them accountable.

But the US will always be the worlds military Super Power. So it's not like we are just packing up our bags and burning the tee pees and moving to another country.. The US will come through this just fine and infact i think we will end up stronger then before..

But you keep on ranting and raving and hating us while you go to sleep under the blanket of freedom and protection we give you.. No thank you needed, that's ok..

You want to complain and debate issues about our leaders, fine i am more then happy to have them here. But your constant bashing of my country is pissing me off. Not all American are bad and evil and when you keep saying things about our empire crashing bla bla bla, your talking about my home. My way of life. My kids future and my kids security. So i don't take to kindly to your comments. Perhaps you can step outside your own pot smoked filled box long enough to understand that there are other people who are involved in this situation. Some who are young and have no control over what is going on. So maybe you could atleast act like you care a little and show some respect for the trials that some people are going through.

good day!

Also I do not smoke Marijuana much anymore, last time I had a toke was a month or so ago.

I am not attacking anyone, just criticizing, where it is due.

A shrink? I do not think that would help me much, I have studied psychology in school in depth, and have been through alot in my personal life that was a lot harder to deal with than the realization of US financial collapse.

And you are correct, of course this will pass, just like the depression passed, I am only hoping that a new form of politics and economy will emerge.

Z
    Last edited by -Z-; 09-26-2008 at 01:37.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Merged with tthe bank failure thread. We have enough of these, start doing it all in one place

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Bush gave a speach last night on tv...blaming everyone but himself...it made me sick. STOP SPENDING MONEY WE DONT NEED TO SPEND, and making AMERICANS live in fear that is not there.

when i say that i have a better chance being struck by lightning than dying in a terrorist attack, i am not that far off statistically.

37000+ people die each year in car crashes. that is way more than US citz dying from terror attacks in the same annual time period.

to me he looked like a complete idiot playing the blame game, and then trying to tell me that my tax dollars need to bail out what could have been prevented by people living in less financial fear.

is it a coincidence that housing markets dropped once the confidence of americans fighting in a war that is dredging our federal reserve and making our dollar plumit to all time record lows against foreigh currency! i think not.
    You think this now cause a nuke hasn't been detonated in the US yet.. Everyday they are scheming up plans to do so. They don't like us and they want all of us dead. So i think we do need to spend some money trying to find them before they find us.

But the money we are spending in Iraq does need to be cut drastically. They have somewhere around a 70billion surplus and we are still spending billions over there? It's time we take the training wheels off and let them ride themselves.

You guys are *****.

If you dont give a **** about the USA and the important things going on then dont read my thread.Do no bash me because I am making a relevant point.

holy ****.

The biggest bank failure in the history of the world.... and its not important enough for its own thread?

You ****ing ignorance sickens me.

I have family in the US and I care about them. If you dont give a **** about the US economy then dont read.

Z

Z your posts about America do not come off as you care about what is happening. They comes off as a reason for you to make a post slamming our nation. Every time i read one of your posts about America, i envision you being the kind that every time something bad happens, you throw your hands up and say see America sucks, i knew this would happen... it gets old reading all the time.

Most people on here will debate things with you, but constantly bashing us over every little thing gets on peoples nerves. I know this may be hard to believe, but not everything is America's fault.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

oh and about Washington Mutual, i have a credit card through them. I have had one for years, made payments on time, payed off balances in full, never was late, seemed like an ideal customer.. Then about 2 months ago i get a letter in the mail from them saying that due to recent changes in my credit history they are forced to lower my credit line.. I was like what the hell, nothing changed in my credit record, it's the same if not better then when i got there card.. So i sent an email to them and keep getting the run around.

Now i see it's not my credit that is bad, it is there credit that is bad and i am paying the price for there mess ups. Not only did they screw me with my credit line, my tax dollars are being used to pay for there mistakes!

Some may think that lowering a credit line isn't all that bad, well what happens is they have lowered it so much that now it makes my card look maxed, which lowers credit scores.. So i'm extremely pissed over this and plan on dragging this out as long as i have to till they put it back the way it was. Every monday they get a call from me... We will see how many monday's it takes ..

Z i did not mean to take it all out on you. So i will apologize for taking your head off. it was a stressful day and this whole economy deal has me so ticked off cause there is no reason we need to be here.

Though you may not hate America, your posts come off as you do. You create a thread, slam something we have done, and it doesn't seem like you are doing anything but shedding hate towards us and blaming us for everything. Perhaps it's not that we don't read when you are trying to say, but we don't understand. Your right, when we see you say something about our country we automatically feel you are bashing us in some way.

You have no idea how much talking i do to people about politics and what is happening and been happening. I voted for Bush, BOTH TIMES! Am i excited to announce that? No i'm not, but BOTH times he ran, the other side didn't have anyone better. For years this nation has had to chose between the lessor of 2 evils. It's either a Bush or a Clinton.. I am so thankful that NEITHER are a choice today. Even though some say McCain is a Bush Jr, i don't think he is. But i listen very hard to both candidates and what they say and then i match them up with there voting records.. I love the internet, it is so easy to find this information quickly.. Which is another reason why i get so frustrated with people. information today is so easy to come by. So there is no reason for people to sit on there asses and do nothing.

How many times have you seen me post in these forums about how we need to make these politicians accountable for there actions.. My god when will this happen? How many more times does someone need to be screwed in the ars before they get the point.

People are frustrated with the way the country is right now. And we all want to blame bush and ect ect ect, well WE THE PEOPLE are the ones to blame. We have the power to elect our leaders and WE THE PEOPLE are the governments boss.. But little by little they strip this from us. The government loves it when there is mass panic. it allows them to strip more from us. They sit back and say, see this is why we need to take control of these things, cause you people mess it up. And many Americans sit back and so uh ok, sure thing, no problem just send me my free money so my life can go on as usual.

We need to stop funding, policing and bossing the world. We need to take care of people at home first. We can only be as strong as our foundation.

Many of the things you say are very true. Which may also be a reason people get mad at you. They know the truth, but don't want to admit it.

It's easy for us to blame someone else for the current problems. but it's our own fault. We keep letting these scandals happen all the time. And right now, nobody cares about how we got here, they just want it fixed so they can get back on with there lives.. IT CAN'T happen like this. We have to strip it all down and build it back up the right way.

Why would anyone loan people 400,000 to buy a house when they only make 23,000 a year? What the hell were these people thinking? of course we want people to own there own home, but we have to face the fact that not everyone is able too. I'm 35yrs old and it took me a long time to be able to afford to own my own home and still keep up with life's other expenses. Sure i always wanted one, but i understood that i couldn't afford it.

Anyway, i truely hope that this will wake the American people up so they start getting involved and making these crooks accountable. One voice is nothing, but 300million is something... And we need to take back our country from the government... I don't know how much clearer things need to be that they can't handle the tasks of taking care of things without us!

Sorry so long

Also I do not smoke Marijuana much anymore, last time I had a toke was a month or so ago.

Z
    oh and congrats on this.. Shows strength to give it up!

that credit card issue was a perfect example about why this crap is so messed up, and why i am so pissed off. I didnt over purchase crap and get a house on a 100% interest loan (arm) like all of these jerk offs did, and now that I want to go buy a house and I have the money lined up I cant get the same loan I should be able to get, because everyone is tightening up the credit....this is bs.

Ask any financial expert about why we are so screwed....there are many reasons, but the NUMBER ONE reason is the value of the american dollar and how it has gone down so much. The NUMBER ONE reason it is so low is because the US is in history debt to other countries like CHINA. WHOS FAULT IS THAT!? Dont accuse me of playing the blame game, why would bush even care about me, he is rich, why would McCain care about me he is worth 100M you think he cares. Even if he looses half he still have 50M. Obamam is worth 1M i think he is gonna care if he looses half dont you.

Since the terror alert warning system has been up it has never dropped below level 3. Guess what guys...its allways been a level 3 even before 911.

Yah we gotta spend a little bit of money to prevent nuclear attacks Mr P., but i dout the poor *** Iraqis got what it takes... I dout we are even spending 10% of the money on fighting real terrorists over there. We have dug ourselves deep over there, and dont have enough money to even fight terror effectively in other regeons of the world.

I wonder what we are spending in afganstan, vs iraq? You know what it doesnt even matter because al queda is everywere! They are were we are not!

WE ARE LOOSING THIS WAR. We live in terror, our money is worth crap, people are starving, loosing jobs, becoming less educated, business are failing, retirement funds are drying up, oil prices are up.

Osama bin Laden is no dumb ***, he is winning this fight. Not through casualties, but through the effects of terror. He killed a few thousand, 6 years later he is effecting millions of americans, and billions of dollars. He has the right to take full credit for his sucess. It is almost like he knew exactly what Bush would do.
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 09-26-2008 at 09:30.

I heard yesterday that China has decided to stop loaning us money cause the US is now a credit risk.. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Personally I live in a cash economy. If I can't afford it, I don't get it. Seems simple enough.