Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Economics Thread

This is bad news for us all as the economy struggles I think Change is in order and i personally believe the presidency campaighn is one of importance.

I believe change in our economy can come from Barack Obama and none other as he is the only one who has something new to offer to the table.

If you believe the economy is alright and everything is good then McCain is the choice for you, but that goes hand in hand with if you like Bush cause statistics say McCain has agreed with BUSH's Statements at about a rate of 90% .

Vote Obama and Vote for Change
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    This is bad news for us all as the economy struggles I think Change is in order and i personally believe the presidency campaighn is one of importance.

I believe change in our economy can come from Barack Obama and none other as he is the only one who has something new to offer to the table.

If you believe the economy is alright and everything is good then McCain is the choice for you, but that goes hand in hand with if you like Bush cause statistics say McCain has agreed with BUSH's Statements at about a rate of 90% .

Vote Obama and Vote for Change
    Put sign in your front yard and stop spamming here!

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    Put sign in your front yard and stop spamming here!
    ummm can you tell me how that is spamming? it is relative to the topic of our economic problems.

Cause if you think our politics isn't related to our economy in any way then i guess your right it is spam. But i guess USA does think it is related, and that it is an issue. Guess you must be right and the country is wrong.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

ummm can you tell me how that is spamming? it is relative to the topic of our economic problems.

Cause if you think our politics isn't related to our economy in any way then i guess your right it is spam. But i guess USA does think it is related, and that it is an issue. Guess you must be right and the country is wrong.

I can not think of a more relative topic.

this is reality.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I just can't believe how some ppl think that the presidency holds so muchpower over the economic stability of anything. This is just bewildering to me. I get so tired of pppl thinking that ANY president has any control over this.

It just boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Ali brought this to my attention today, he is studying Finance in school, I found this quite disturbing, but not surprising.

the 1st of many I suspect:

Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (NYSE: LEH) (pronounced IPA: /ˈliːmən/), founded in 1850, is a crisis hit[1] global financial-services firm. The firm does business in investment banking, equity and fixed-income sales, research and trading, investment management, private equity, and private banking. It is a primary dealer in the U.S. Treasury securities market.

On September 15, 2008, it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection[2] listing bank debt of $613 billion, $155 billion in bond debt and assets worth only $639 billion.[3] The filing is the largest bankruptcy in US history. [4] Until the bankruptcy procedures are completed, the company is still in existence.

Lehman Brothers (LEH) shares tumbled 80% in U.S. pre-open trade. Macquarie Private Wealth associate director Marcus Droga stated: "You've probably seen more in one day of financial history than we've seen since the great crash of 1929. I'm not suggesting the US market will crash tonight, but in terms of landmark events, it's an historic day."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop wasting money in Iraq.

Z
    Stop wasting money in Iraq? , what does that have to do with a private company screwing themselves over? Nothing.

I highly doubt your one to be preaching right and wrong, after all, it is your name that is highlighted in PINK.

Dis leave that for the war and realitons section

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I just can't believe how some ppl think that the presidency holds so muchpower over the economic stability of anything. This is just bewildering to me. I get so tired of pppl thinking that ANY president has any control over this.

The Treasury Secretary refused to bail Lehmans out by taking on the debt or the deals would have gone through on the weekend. Once again, its the decision of how much the government should intervene in these situations.

And also, Bank of America took over Merrill Lynch for 50billion.

Not to mention AIG needs a loan of 40billion this week to stay afloat.

The fact is, the economy is in trouble. This can't be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post

The president appoints the cabinet and approves appointments to almost all major financial regulators. Fact is the president of the United States has a lot of say in how regulations are implemented and applied. The president can't control the economy directly but he can set the rules of the economy, the current crisis is because government abandoned it's oversight under the Bush presidency and allowed these institutions to scam their clients money away on bad debt and risky mortgage schemes. In Canada there is no mortgage crisis because we have regulations preventing crap like this from happening. The only way to trust bankers and lenders from not running themselves into the ground is to have a well balanced and regulated set of rules, otherwise their collective greed will get the best of there judgment and **** goes down hill pretty quick, you think the USA would of learned this from savings in loan scandal or even the great depression. It doesn't help that the government is in huge deficit with no plan to get out of it anytime soon.

Freelance Warrior