Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Economics Thread

so we are hyper-speculating not-knowing-anything people discussing this thingy...
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

The sub prime mortgage crisis made simple:

http://www.businesspundit.com/sub-prime/page3.php

Freelance Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    Unless you want Big Brother government to come in and fix everything for you and take care of you - then vote Obama. Otherwise, man up - stop spending money you don't have and make your own choices.

It is impossible to go into bankruptcy when you don't borrow money. The article that Z cited said they were net roughly 150 billion dollars in debt. DUH! Of course there is going to be trouble. Debt = risk. They had a ton of debt and therefore a ton of risk. They made stupid choices and it came back to bite them. Sure- the economy has slowed a little, but if you haven't made stupid choices, it's still good enough to thrive.

Stop borrowing money.
    I didn't talk about bankruptcy and the ideology of government not getting involved hasn't been working so far with the example of Bush.

I think it is needed that government help the economy as it is what puts money in the pockets of the U.S. People
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

Tnova Guest

Where does this money come from? The US people. So to help the US people you are going to take money from the US people? I know what you meant, but it was just funny to see. Yeah, the only way is to print money, and that is alot more dangerous and has longer term effects.

Some institutions are too big to let fail, i understand that, however there are many more that just need to fail. If every business though there would be a bail out, then they wouldn't have to worry about repercussions from being reckless. The sooner they fail, the sooner we can get out of a recession and get back on track.

Japan tried something similar back in the 90s, and it took them a very long time to get out of it.

Are you related to GWB Dogma?

I love how you ignore all that is real and true.

I've never met someone so Ignorant.

What College did U graduate from?

Or did u finish High school?

Why are you questioning my eduction.

I think you are aware that I graduated from Fanshawe in London, with a Degree in Philosophy.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    I think it is needed that government help the economy as it is what puts money in the pockets of the U.S. People
    So you want to give the government more money so it can give it right back?

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    I think you are aware that I graduated from Fanshawe in London, with a Degree in Philosophy.
    Z
    You have a degree in philosophy?

you should have heard him talk from time to time , with no end in sight

j/k

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Yes.

and it seems that Philosophy is not at the time, the most financially rewarding of careers...

:-(

and So i will go back to school for Canadian Business In Vancouver I hope ina few years.

BTW:

McCain: "Our Financial System is Fundamentally Sound" (this, monday)

Hmmm... The man who lead the de-regulation in washington is now the same man who leads the McCain economic plan.

Even the white house press release contained messages closer to the democrats about the Economy.

McSame is screwed.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Default Morpheus Lost...

The American Dream is dieing...

In hopes of its revival, I have been consistently attempting to reveal truths and remove blindfolds from members of this community and from members of my own real life community.

Why does is concern me? Well the American dream is a large part of why I am alive today, and why i enjoy the type of lifestyle I do.

If American freedoms, equalities and opportunities were not kept alive and in strong for so many decades, Canada would not have had the type of multicultural, and balanced society that it has today.

I have had a great deal more success in my real life in my attempts to enlighten my friends about the reasons behind this turn of events, and I am trying to figure out what I am missing here on these forums...

One factor I have considered is that this is a war game, and that perhaps a majority of the community is involved in war, or war business in some way and hence their perspectives are skewed...

Some are unable to realize that American Fascism is a reality:

Fascism is a totalitarian nationalist political ideology and mass movement that is concerned with notions of cultural decline or decadence, and which seeks to achieve a millenarian national rebirth by exalting the nation or race, as well as promoting cults of unity, strength and purity.[1][2][3][4][5]

Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, militarism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, class collaboration, populism, collectivism, statism, social interventionism, and economic planning. Fascism opposes communism, democracy, liberalism, and conservatism (taking into account that fascists made alliances with conservatives more often than other groups).

Z