Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: VP Debate!

1. Palin seems like a genuinely good person and is an "average" (whatever that really means) person. Unfortunately for her I don't care for that stuff and she has no clue about anything outside alaska... fine maybe outside of the usa. The reason she was picked imo is not because they wanted to get Hillary supporters but take some of Obama's "change" and "young" thunder. Its funny that I haven't heard anyone bring that up. Also do people actually want someone like "them" to be running? That really bugs me because I know I'm a pretty smart guy but I wouldn't necessarily want someone like me to become president.

2. What's funny is that the same thing happened with Biden. He's very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to foreign policy and in general for experience which is McCain's strength and Obama's weakness

3. Experience means nothing. Sure it's important to take into account but it shouldn't be a deciding factor. For example, Lincoln was a rookie when he became president and JFK didn't have all that much more experience either.

4. I consider myself independent but I do lean towards the left but NEWSFLASH to "conservatives": Liberals have historically won and continue to win. What I mean by this is that things continue to change whether you like it or not. and this leads to...

5. Adapt or die because as we're seeing at the moment is not necessarily the American Fall from power but our short lived super power status is gone and we need to accept it, adapt and hope to remain top nation among equals.

Now Spread My Gospel!!! I HAVE SPOKEN!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by esco View Post
    1. Palin seems like a genuinely good person and is an "average" (whatever that really means) person. Unfortunately for her I don't care for that stuff and she has no clue about anything outside alaska... fine maybe outside of the usa. The reason she was picked imo is not because they wanted to get Hillary supporters but take some of Obama's "change" and "young" thunder. Its funny that I haven't heard anyone bring that up. Also do people actually want someone like "them" to be running? That really bugs me because I know I'm a pretty smart guy but I wouldn't necessarily want someone like me to become president.
    I'm voting McCain/Palin simply because she can field dress a moose.
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

"Ordinary" is great when aiming for a public office, but it can rarely substitute retorical skills and knowledge. Imo Palin as vice-president would be a disgrace to the US...
    ~ [E]mmortal [E]mpire - Death before Dishonor ~
    WoW: [E] (+ few sets in [KoD] [DK] [KU] [KiWi] [SOUL] [EURO] [USSR] [TNE])
    NW: [WAL] [NS]

I forgot to mention that I was at the doctor today and I picked up a magazine actually this magazine was obviously conservative. Anyways it was from Dec. 07 and there was an article about the economy and how bad it was. Well it mentioned how alot of the subprime garbage securities were packaged, marked safe and sold to the rest of the world mainly Europe I think (suckers ) They mentioned how many foreign investors felt ripped off and how this could negatively affect confidence in the US dollar and the US market. The danger would be if countries began refusing loans and investing in the US which the Us needs to function (we need to finance our debt )

Why do I bring this old @$$ article up? well obviously because less than a year later the stock market is behaving like it ate bad chinese sushi (I know...) and is all over the place. Now the world finally felt the donkey kick to the nuts and everyone is feeling the pain and some are worse off than others (sorry Iceland ) So this old conservative article gave me the final reason needed to choose between the two presidential candidates, Obama is the one that gets most foreigners excited (in a good way finally) about so logic would dictate that worldwide confidence in the US would improve and hopefully help stabilize the exchanges after being sat on by the elephant.
    J/k I blame everyone for the mess we're all in. poor, rich, democrat, republican, christian, atheist etc etc etc etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divine Intervention again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divine Intervention again.
    thats like the 3rd time

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

your on a f'in roll

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    your on a f'in roll
    i decided it was time for change, you know.